Undercover pt. 2

So Similar Yet so Different

She held the door open for me and smiled in glee. "Thank you baby." I said to her winking before she patted my . We walked out as if nothing happened and sat down. Of course, the food didn't come yet because we were just 5 minutes away, but the drinks arrived already. I gulped down the wine in one go and immediately poured in the next. 

"Tiffany, stop. You know how you get when you are drunk." Taeyeon said as she stopped the pouring in mid way by yanking the bottle away from me. Everyone was looking at me and then we were looking at my girlfriend. 

"Why do you know about her drinking habits Taeyeon?" My father suspiciously asked before he sipped some wine. Again we looked at each other but Taeyeon decided to tell the truth. 'Good job, Tae baby. Now they really think we care for each other.'

"I had to bring her home lots of times when she was drunk...thanks...in the night club where I work." As Taeyeon spoke our food was served by the same waitress that winked at me. I saw my girlfriend yanking the plate out of her hand and placing it down in front of me. After we got our plates and thanked her Taeyeon didn't pay attention to her anymore and probably was expecting the same from me. 

"Yeah, I'm very thankful for that Taeyeon." I thought our mission will succeed and my father would consider to date her by no later than tomorrow. 

I tried to let my eyes stay on my steak but the whole time I felt the intense stare of the young woman at me so I just had to look. I was uncomfortable and just wanted to walk over to her and make clear that I had a girlfriend but I couldn't do it since our parents would want to know why I spoke with her and what I said. So we remained in silence, exchanging glances now and then.

In the next moment I looked down, by mistake my fork fell to the floor. Taeyeon instantly got off her chair and crawled under the table to help me. Suddenly I felt hand resting on my thigh wandering further under my skirt. I hitched my breath when she straddled me and kissed my inner thigh. I kicked her lightly to indicate her to stop. In the same time I gave our parents an awkward smile to hide my arousal. Since she couldn't stay under there for too long she came up with my fork as she smirked but put back on a poker face as soon as she faced the elders again. 

We haven't had no yet because I wanted to take my time to get to know her better and if she was ready or not. I was absolutely ready since it wouldn't be my first time to have with a girl and fortunately I knew that Taeyeon was ready too. We were frequently on the brink before it but something always had to get between us. In addition to that I wanted our first time to be special and intimate, and not in the women's restroom while our parents waited for us. But I knew it will happen soon because I was in the beginning of preparing our next date on Christmas Eve.

The waitress came and gave me a new fork in a napkin. When I bowed my head in gratitude and placed down the napkin I noticed that something was scribbled on it. It was her number and below it said 'call me ;-)'. I thought the waitress misunderstood my looks every once in awhile and that's why she went for it and took the first step. I didn't intend to get her number but Taeyeon probably thought it was. Fortunately the elders didn't pay attention to the waitress as she gave me the fork but my girlfriend certainly did. I sighed and made myself ready to see Taeyeon jealous. I turned my head to her and she surprisingly looked really calm. Too calm for my concern. I put my hand on her thigh and reassuringly it up and down as she cut her steak in little pieces. She began to eat with her fork in the left hand and brought her other hand down putting it on my hand. I smiled subconsciously for a moment before it vanished as she squeezed my hand to the extend that she almost crushed my bones, as a result of her violence I let out a small yelp but immediately covered it up with fake coughing. 

"Are you okay miyoung?" Taeyeon's mother asked after I quickly yanked my hand away. In respond to her question I nodded and gulped down the rest of my wine. 

After our main course we all ordered dessert and luckily we were served by a new waiter. He placed them down one after another and his gaze was fixed on Taeyeon. Indeed she looked gorgeous as always and I would've look at her the same way if I were a stranger but I saw that he witnessed her little attack on me, so why did he look at her like that when I sit right next to her. But back to my girlfriend: She wore a white strapless dress that was short yet not revealing or ty. I wasn't jealous when he smiled at her but I was when I saw her smiling back. Smiling a little bit too long for my likings. I kicked her under the table and she immediately pulled a straight face to hide the pain. I gave the waiter the back-off-my-girlfriend look and he left intimidated after he told us to enjoy the dessert. 

I had a fluffy mousse au chocolat that immediately melted as soon as you put it in the mouth. After a few bites out of habit I offered Taeyeon one spoon of my dessert by holding it in front of her face. She opened accepting it and munched down the sweetness. She hummed in satisfaction and nodded. I noticed that she had some chocolate on the corner of her lips so I wiped it away and subsequently it off my finger. She shyly looked down because I totally forgot the elders were still there. I remembered after I turned again to my dessert. My gaze swayed from my plate to my finger and then to the two in front of me. Both were looking shocked and surprised at the same time as if I someone. I actually understood their reaction since it was really unexpected, moreover my father did know that I wasn't the person to initiate skinship as well as I didn't care about people I'm not really close with. I thought that they might found out about our relationship already since Taeyeon and I couldn't behave ourselves and carry out our mission properly. 

'I think we ed up baby.' I thought as I looked at her. But the good thing is that they didn't look angry or mad. Just super surprised and confused. I lead my gaze again to my plate and continued to eat like nothing unusual happened. Internally I was afraid that my father will confront me with that and forbid me to date her. I was afraid that I will lose her. I was afraid that this will be the last meeting of us as lovers. 

"We want to pay." My father waved to a waiter. The same waiter who stared at my girlfriend came and again he looked at her but I didn't feel anything but worry. I just sat there and picked in the rests of my melted dessert. 'I should've control myself more, it's my fault that we won't be able to be together anymore, I'm so in love with you Taetae.' Those thoughts were flying in my mind, eating me up internally. 

"Let's go." My father demanded after he paid. Next to me Taeyeon stood up and indicated me by patting my back to do the same. At the front door we was given back our coats, so before we got out we put them on. 

"How about you drive Mrs Kim home and I'll drive Taeyeon." Actually I didn't want to since Taeyeon would've sleep at my home but in the same time I didn't want to be rude and give more signals about our relationship than I already did. So I decided to call Taeyeon later about my whereabouts.

"Alright appa. Drive carefully." I voiced out before I smiled at my girlfriend. I gave my father a hug but Taeyeon not because I was sure that I won't be able to let go. I just gave her arm a light pat before her mother and I went to my car. On the way there we didn't speak a lot and it was very awkward but once we were in the car Mrs Kim began to speak.

"How is your love life? Do you see someone special?" The sudden question surprised me but I answered nevertheless since there was no reason to lie to her.

"Um.. I-I do see someone special. Very special." We took a turn to the right before she asked another question.

"That's nice. Do you want to tell me about that someone?" I hesitated to tell her about Taeyeon, like I knew myself I would let her name slip by accident but I couldn't possibly answer her 'no' so I pulled myself together and exhaled deeply before I spoke up again.

"That someone is a she, Mrs Kim." I started. I looked at her to see her reaction if she is uncomfortable that I'll talk about the girl I date but surprisingly she wasn't. She nodded at me to continue.

"And.. And I don't know where to start. There are lots of things I love about this girl. How she walks, how she moves her lips, the way she smells, her eyes.. Ugh her eyes... I always drown in them and let me fall in love with her more and more. Out of all girlfriends I had she is the most special one and probably the only one I ever loved. In addition to that she always makes me laugh and in another moment we can speak about the deepest thing, like problems or our feelings. She is an honest person and very lovely. She can be cold but also warm. She protects me whenever it is needed. And I protect her too of course. I know that she is not after my money or my body and that's why I love her even more. She makes my heart beat slower and faster at the same time. I completely gave myself to her." 

"Do you really love her?" At a red light I had the chance to look at Taeyeon's mother's face. She genuine smiled as if she was happy for me that I found someone nice.

"Yes I do, I do Mrs Kim. Why do you ask?" 

"Because I wanted to talk to you and you seem to care for her so I asked to make sure. Does she love you too?"

"Yes of course...I mean I hope so." I was confused why she questioned Taeyeon's love for me because she obviously did love me and there were no sign that she just used me since she, herself, complaint about being used so there was no need to think that she didn't love me, right? But I was even more confused why Mrs Kim asked me that kind of questions when she didn't even know whom I was speaking of. I thought about it for awhile and she must know who my girlfriend was otherwise she wouldn't ask or care about whom I dated. 

"We arrived Mrs Kim." I said to her as I parked the car in front of her house. The façade was as white as snow and about 5 times higher than me. I observed the house while I waited for her to get out.

"Do you want to come in for a tea?" She asked.

"I'm tired but one cup of tea won't hurt, I think." I turned off the engine and quickly walked over to her side of the car and opened the door. 

"Well, if you treat Taeyeon like that no wonder she likes you." What Mrs Kim said shocked herself. She looked down in embarrassment as she walked to the front door. I locked the car and followed. Somehow I knew she knew about me and Taeyeon it was too obvious, for a moment I was happy that she said that and wasn't angry at all but I was afraid that she told my father about my relationship with my employee. 

We walked in and the first thing that welcomed me was the sweet scent of Taeyeon. The whole house smelt like her. Everywhere I walked, it was as if she stood right next to me. I walked along the shelf and looked at the pictures of Taeyeon and her family. One picture gained my attention, it was her and me sitting in a sandpit and laughing. I felt nice inside that we laugh today the same as in the past. Another picture showed her in graduation gown. She was so beautiful then and now. Taeyeon didn't change a lot, she still had that baby face and a little fat layer under her eyes. Back in the days her hair was short and untouched and she smiled brightly unlike these days. Somehow it faded from year to year. I saw her often smiling when we joked around but it didn't look that dearly like in the picture.

I asked myself if something happened that she ended up like this as I sat down on the couch after she offered me to do it. I immediately felt comfortable with that familiar smell I loved. Taeyeon's mother came in and placed down the tray with 2 cups and a teapot on the table in front of us. The tea was freshly brewed since the steam leaked so I just said thanks to her and waited for it to cool down a bit. I brought the cup up to blow it and warm my hands at the same time.

"Is Mr Kim already sleeping?" I asked before I carefully sipped some tea. While I waited for an answer I looked around the room. The room was cozy and nice. Taeyeon's mother apparently liked plants since in every corner and on the windowsills stood at least one well-kept plant. Flowers too garnished the house with various colors. After I was finished with observing I looked at her and I was surprised to see her... sad?

"Didn't Taeyeon tell you?"