Disappearance

So Similar Yet so Different

[TAEYEON] 
My shift drew slowly to a close, Hyoyeon was already there to take over and Tiffany - sober for a change - was busy with her phone, typing a lot on her display I assumed that she must be texting. Curious about who she texted I asked her, in case it was some girl who got her number somehow.

"Some girl who got my number somehow." Tiffany answered as if she read my mind.

"Just delete and block the number baby." I said rather sternly holding back my jealousy.

"I'm joking, it's just my sister." I frowned before I asked another question. 

"Why do you always play with my feelings? Do you like it to make me suffer?" I turned my back to her and rested against the counter expecting her to deny it but I heard nothing than the loud music behind me. I turned around and saw her smiling at me.

"I want to look at your face when I talk with you Taetae." She said sweetly. Tiffany really knew how to let my madness vanish away in not even one second. How could I even resist that adorable and genuine smile oh hers? I still can't imagine how I could fell in love so hard with this gorgeous girl called Hwang Miyoung, the love I felt for her and how she attracted me drove me crazy and I wanted more of whatever she was doing to me.

"I don't want you to suffer. Why would I want that?" She asked me quietly but still audible. I avoided her eyes that were fixed at me the whole time. In addition she gave me a sincere and warm smile as her eyes slowly turned to crescents. She made mz heart skip a beat, feeling how genuine and kind hearted she was towards me like she really meant it.

"Because you are always mean." 

"I'm being mean because you love me, don't you remember? And I love you." Tiffany ended her sentence with bop on my nose tip as she chuckled. 

"Yeah I love you my baby." I took her hands and invaded the natural scent of her body that I really liked while I kissed her knuckles. 

"Taeyeon?" Her eyes were wanderingsuddenly in different directions as if she saw a ghost. Her face was pale and the expression was kind of blank with a pinch of fright and anxiety. I hummed in response and followed her gaze trying to find out what she was looking for. 

"It's him..."

"What?"

"I remember the smell of him. It was very significant and I saw someone with the same hoodie earlier." My hand got held tighter and tighter by any second on the brink of getting my bones broken by her. I didn't know what she was talking about or more like who she was talking about.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you remember the incident when I brought you home? That guy..." 

"Are you sure it's him?" I swayed my full attention back to her. She nodded with her gaze still away from me.

"can we go home? now?"

"Okay, let's go to the restroom before we go. Otherwise I'll pee myself when I don't go now." Tiffany tightly held my arm as she forced out a laugh. Obviously she couldn't think straight because of that guy. My heart felt pain seeing her all anxious and unconfident, it was just not like her, not like I was used to see her.

I put my arm around her waist and pulled her closer in hope that she felt a little bit more safe. She gave me an insecure smile before she fixed her gaze on the floor, apparently hiding her face somehow. We walked to the bathroom as I looked around for him. I remembered the hoodie. It was black and the number 48 was printed big on the back. Of course, it was possible that someone with the same odor and the same hoodie was here but just in case she was right, I preventively wanted to protect her so I decided to go home quickly after I went to the restroom. 

Tiffany looked in the mirror since she really loved her appearance. She watched herself whenever she saw herself somewhere whether it was in the mirror or in a magazine, she always got the time to observe and review herself  what she needed to improve - she was flawless in every photoshoot but she always noticed something negative what was perfectly fine in my opinion. Sometimes I feel like she loved herself more than me ... On the other hand I knew she definitely cared for me more than her looks. 

Before I entered the cabin I shoot her through the reflection of the mirror a wink and made a face at her, making her laugh. 

As I made my business, I heard something dull, a dead sound coming from outside but it soon got silent and the door was opened.

"Tiffany? Are you okay?" I asked but no one answered. I began to panic and shifted up my jeans as fast as possible. 

A few moments later I expected her still looking in the mirror but she wasn't there. "Tiffany!?" I yelled. 

"Are you joking again? Please come out." First I looked in the cabin next to where I was in. Then the next and the next and so forth until I realized that all 8 of them were empty. 

"TIFFANY!" I swung the door open and a cold gust of wind hit against me. I immediately got goosebumps not only because of the coldness but also because of Tiffany's disappearing.  It was odd that it was cold... The club was always filled with stifling hot air so i asked myself why it was like that and soon it was solved. The back door on my right hand side was wide open. I immediately broke into a run, running like a freak. I was running as fast as I could from one side to another trying to find Tiffany. Lots of different feelings were overwhelming me but in the same time I felt so empty inside...just as empty as the cabins. Cars were filling the street that I couldn't focus and observe all the cars for Tiffany.

"TIFFANY!!!" I yelled multiple times in hope that she would answer me...but nothing. Nothing but the singing of wind and engines was audible. My heart ached. The feeling I was afraid of all the time. Since I was still a little kid who didn't really realize what it means to leave a good friend I didn't feel like I felt right now. Somehow, I knew this feeling would come some day and that this feeling would be terrible. The feeling that Tiffany left me or disappeared without me knowing why and where she was. Why did she disappear so suddenly? And where was she? 

"This can't be..." It was like a dream...more of a nightmare I better say. I was already 5 roads further away from the club that's how fast I was running ... I didn't care about the traffic or other people around me. The only person I was looking for was Tiffany, Tiffany with the dark brown eyes, the perfectly formed nose, the pinkish lips and her silhouette that I could recognize from a great distance, even in the dark... But I didn't see her anywhere.

"Excuse me? Did you see that girl?" I asked a man who was approximately the same age as me or older.

"This is... my Miyoung..I mean this is Stephanie..." I gasped really loud when I saw his face. 

"Leo? Can't you remember me? Taeyeon?" He gasped too. For a moment I managed to put Tiffany aside in my mind because of her brother. I was happy - more or less - that I coincidentally found someone who knew and probably cared for Tiffany  as much as I did. 

When Tiffany came back into my mind I started to cry... At first I couldn't cry since I was so shocked and had to process what just happened but now ... Now, every tear I held back was falling freely, every cry for help was yelped out loud, the strength in my legs just gave in and I fell on the cold and snowy pavement. 

"Are you alright? Tae-Taeyeonah? What is wrong? Please stand up." He took my arm to help me up and in no time we were in his warm car that smelled just like Tiffany. 

"Please tell me what happened..." He shook me and cupped my cheeks trying to face me. My tears were falling like a waterfall that it was hard for me to speak however his gentle touch wiping the trails of salty water away as well as the scent of Tiffany made me calm down a little. 

"T-ti-Tiffany-" I just got out one word and he cut me off despite the fact he wanted me to speak. But it turned out to be nothing bad.

"Breath Taeyeon, take your time..." I immediately followed his instructions and tried to breath properly. In...and out...in...and out.

"Now tell me what is wrong." He whispered, leaning forward to me. 

"I- Tiffany just d-disappeared. I was not even a minute away and and-" 

"WHAT? ARE YOU SURE YOU MEAN MY MIYOUNG?" I nodded hastily as I started to cry again. He yelled at me and was angry, I was afraid of him, I wanted to get out of the car but he stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"I'm sorry, Taeyeon. Please come here. We will find her..." I sat back and sighed. In the course of the drive, wherever we were driving, I sighed and sobbed multiple times. Instead of telling me to stop, fortunately, he said nothing. But that was weird because I didn't know where we were driving to find her. He seemed to be targeted but it turned out to be wrong when he finally spoke up. 

"Where did you see her the last time? We need to go there. We need to keep calm. Taeyeon, I beg you to concentrate and fully cooperate in order to find her." 

"I- I was in the restroom with her and when I came out she wasn't there anymore, without telling me where she has gone, and the back door was opened widely..." 

"First we need to call or at least message her friends...but our father does not need to know about her until we are sure that Miyoung got kidnapped or whatever." I nodded and took out my phone. With shaking hands I typed in the message and sent it to all our friends. 

To: Hyoyeon, Hyuna, Jessica, Seohyun, Sooyoung, Yoona, Yuri 

Tiffany disappeared, please find her.

The message wasn't even delivered a minute ago and the first replies came already. 

From: Jessica [1:26 am]

Tiffany disappeared?

From: Hyuna [1:26 am]

I'll go to the club and look for her.

From: Sooyoung [1:26 am]

Where did you see her the last time?

My hands were shaking even more that I was almost unable to text them back. I concentrated to type in every letter and in the same time I had to pay attention that the sentence made sense. I felt like a fool. My mind was occupied with questions about her whereabouts and wellbeing. I asked myself multiple times even though I knew no one would answer them. I was afraid that Tiffany was in danger, that these people do something against her will besides the kidnapping. I wasn't even sure wether she was kidnapped but everything rests purely on circumstantial evidence, the dead sound I heard, the door that was opened, Tiffany wouldn't just left without saying anything, I mean we were shortly before leaving together so what was the point in leaving alone? She knew how I would feel if she left me again. Thus she must've been kidnapped, right? As much as I didn't want that to happen to her or anyone whom I care for, I couldn't be delusional and needed to face the facts.

Like an angel who was sent by God himself I found Leo. It was kind of fateful that I immediately recognized him after I saw him the last time when he was 10. I remembered that he was a trustworthy and reliable brother who always protected Tiffany and me and took care of us. I felt comfortable around him and wasn't  doubtful for one moment about his behavior, after all it was Tiffany, his sister, whom was allegedly kidnapped.

"I-I can't- I'm afraid Taeyeon." He stopped the car in front of Hyoyeon's nightclub and turned his head in my direction. I mirrored his action, turning my head to him and gasped at his red eyes. Leo must've been crying real hard since his face was stained with trails of dried tears and his t-shirt had a big wet spot. How couldn't I notice that he cried? 

"I'm afraid that we won't find Miyoung. I'm afraid that I won't see her ever again." I was always thinking about what the kidnappers will do to her, why they kidnapped her and how she felt right now. Now, that he mentioned whether we will see her again or not sent shivers down my spine. I liked it when Tiffany gave me those goosebumps whenever she touched or kissed me but this time it was the complete opposite. I didn't like the feeling at all and made me uncomfortably shift on my seat. 

*knock knock knock knock knock* Leo and I startled at the numerous and loud knocking against the window beside me. I looked down on my phone and saw '40 missed calls from Yuri' then I turned my head to the side and met the angry latter. 

"Did you find her?" I asked as I opened the door. But soon my question was answered when I noticed Jessica crying whilst squatting against the wall, being counseled by Sooyoung. Next to them, Hyuna who hoped in vain to get Tiffany on her phone, that's what I thought at least. Her expression showed impatience, worry and anger whenever the phone left her ear to look on the display in despair.

"No, we didn't ... Hyoyeon said you were with her all the time, how come that she disappeared unbeknownst even though you actually were with her? And who is that? Did you make her disappear just to meet someone else? I knew it from the beginning that it was a bad idea to date someone who is bi..." I frowned and felt my eyes getting teary again. How can she say something like that in my face? Did she seriously think I'm at fault? Did she really think that I would cheat on Tiffany? Was that how she, maybe Jessica too, thought about me? 

I let my tears flow freely as I apologized for what I did or didn't. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry for not protecting Tiffany but please believe me I. Did. Not. Make. Her. Disappear. How can you even think that? I thought we were friends-" 

"I'm Tiffany's brother Leo. Nice to meet you. More or less." Leo stood next to me and protectively put his arm in front of me as if Yuri would attack me any second. 

"More or less?" Yuri replied rather shameless and rudely.

"How dare you to treat Taeyeon-ie like that? Saying and falsely accusing her of Tiffany's disappearance." 

"She promised to protect Tiffany with her life... and here we are searching for Tiffany because her unreliable girlfriend couldn't protect her. If she really meant that we wouldn't be in this situation. Isn't it odd?" 

"Being a girlfriend doesn't mean to be a bodyguard too. You are so delusional! How can someone, whose job is not being bodyguard, protect someone else 24/7. That's impossible." 

"Why do you say that without any knowledge? They work together, party together, eat together, live together and breath together. That's practically 24/7."  

"Says you! Do you even know in what circumstances Miyoung disappeared? I assume no so please shut up black pearl?" Leo definetly crossed the line. Yuri didn't like it when someone talks about her skin color since she knew that it was uncommon in korea to have such dark skin.

"JESSICA!"

"what did you say? black pearl? say that again. SAY THAT AGAIN!" Jessica slapped his cheek before she started to yell at him.

"Black pearl, I sa-" Leo immediately earned a deserved punch in his face from Yuri's grilfriend. I mean she already slapped his cheek and he was even provoking her to do more so I thought it was well deserved and his own fault. He was on the brink to pick up a fight but Jessica was a woman after all and he didn't want to do something inappropiate in the public so he took the hit without saying anything further.