Memories pt. 1

So Similar Yet so Different

"Aah Yuri stop it!" The stare between me and sooyoung broke when we both heard Jessica yelling. 

We turned our heads at the same time. Yuri slapped Siwon's cheek. It was so hard that he stumbled backwards and fell on the floor. She walked to him and -oddly- offered her hand. Jessica just stood behind her and tugged on her girlfriend's shirt. Although I couldn't hear what Jessica said to her I read her lips that were mouthing 'stop, Yuri.' 

Yuri helped him up. That was really odd because from her face I could say that the crazy possessive Yuri appeared and she had a plan. She whispered him something in the ear and then I watched his painful face change to a frightened one. She patted his shoulder and smiled mischievously. He turned around without saying anything and went to the elevator. 

When he took the elevator Yuri looked at her girlfriend and slung her arm around Jessica's waist resting her hand right above her buttocks. Everyone who witnessed the scene were afraid of Yuri. I saw it in there faces, it was just like the first time Yuri threatened me because I hit on Jessica. She claimed what is hers with a and showed everyone non verbal as she kissed Jessica's cheek. 

I let my gaze wander with them. When they passed by Taeyeon I saw her standing against the wall not really interested in what just happened. I expected her to at least follow Siwon since they obviously were friends but it was the opposite she just walked back to her seat and continued her work.

"Long time no see kim."

"Why are you making such ruckus in my company Yuri. I don't like that."

"I'm sorry but it just came over me. You know how I am when it comes to my babe since you witnessed it by yourself."

"Why do you let her do this Jess?" Sooyoung asked.

"I like my seobang being all jealous. It makes me somehow..." Jessica thought of a perfect word to describe her feeling, when she continued that she feels aroused when Yuri is like that, sooyoung and me looked at each other in disgust.

"Too much information. I want to know what's going on up here in the 5th floor but I didn't want to know what's going on down there." I flickered my eyes between her face and her crotch.

"Anyways-" 

"Taeyeon is better than expected Tiffany. I thought that she would adore you like everyone else but she... She is really something." Yuri looked at her nails and shoved the dirt away with another fingernail.

"Huh? What the hell are you talking about?"

"You seem to have a crush on her. I never saw you like this ever before, don't you agree soo?" 

"Yeah Tiffany she is right. You dont get prettier just for fun. you get pretty if you are in love."

"Me in love? I said it already and I will say it again: I'm. Not. In. Love. With. Taeyeon." 

"Pretty obvious." And then we all heard a knock on the glass door. We turned around to look at that person. It was Taeyeon. How long did she already stand there? Did she hear what Yuri said to me? I wanted to hide but Yuri asked the worker what she wanted. When everyone focused on Taeyeon patiently waiting for an answer I turned quietly around and tiptoed to my office. When I took a few steps I felt someone slap my and put the finger in my pocket to drag me back.

"Yuri!" Jessica yelled.

"What?" Yuri smirked since she knew what Jessica meant. The latter just nudged me away from her girlfriend and gave her a cold glare. Yuri at the other hand wanted to calm her down as she caressed her cheek but yuri's hand was slapped away with Jessica's. 
Yuri just shrugged it off knowing that Jessica won't be mad for a long time. 

"I wanted to ask Ms Hwang something." 

"Oh okay, then ask." Sooyoung took a step beside so that I was perfectly in her view. 

"I would like to ask it between goddess um I mean me and..." Taeyeon hesitated because 8 eyes were looking at her expectantly.  

"...her" she chuckled nervously. It was her usual cocky self but in a nervous  and  unconfident way.

"Tiffany. I didn't knew you have a friend of yours as cocky as you...interesting." Sooyoung, Yuri and Jessica. All of them winked at me.

"She's my employee." 

"I thought you are friends." Jessica stated but I didn't respond. Yuri interrupted our mental battle by saying: 

"We are friends of ms hwang, sooner or later we will know too so why not now?" 

"Umm..." Taeyeon locked eyes with me but immediately looked on the floor and then to the paperwork in her hands for a short time before she spoke up again. 

"I wanted to ask... If.. You could read my reports I just finished." She wavered with the reports.

She stuttered just because of this question? I was confused. It obviously was not what she really wanted to ask so I just said that she should come later again because I don't have time right now. She nodded in respond and closed the door quietly. I watched her getting back to her desk through the glass wall. 

"She lies as bad as you." Sooyoung said when I saw Taeyeon taking her seat.

"Would you be able to ask something private when 3 strangers stare at you?"

"Yes." Jessica answered plainly.

"Oh but... she was uncomfortable so I won't hold it against her." 

"Tell us later what she really wanted. We gotta go. We just wanted to look after you if you're still alive since we heard nothing from you the whole week." Yuri patted my before she got caught by her now jealous and mad girlfriend that dragged her away on the wrist, leaving the office.

------------------

10.38 pm. I ended my work, tidied up my desk and walked out. The whole floor was pitch black dark only the moon light brightened up some parts of the office. But one light shone in the corner. 

The corner I was watching for the last 4 days. I remembered that she wanted to ask me something so I walked there but I found her head resting on her arms on the desk hearing her audible breathing. She fell asleep while working I assumed. 

I didn't really know what to do because I can't let her sleep and leave since I'm always the last person that needs to lock up the company and I didn't want to wake up the peaceful sleep she held. It was not like her when she was awake. The problems and sorrow I saw in her eyes were vanished as if they were not existing anymore as she slept. 

Afraid to wake her up I quietly took another chair and put it beside her. I sat down and roamed her messy desk that was usually tidy. Paperwork were spread all over the table and various pens that were used was spread also. 

Actually everyone used the computers and laptops to write but Taeyeon was one of the very few that had her reports written with hand. 

I sorted the paper together where she didn't rest on and put the pens back in the drawer where they belonged. When I finished I leaned against the backrest and watched her.

 Her back was lifting up and resting down in the beat of her breathing. I could see that she inhaled a few strands of hair that was hiding her face. I helped her breathing freely by tugging her hair lightly behind her ear. I noticed her clear porcelain skin that looked so smooth and tender. 'And that plump pinkish lips... Uuugh' 
I wanted to touch her and hug her because suddenly I witnessed goosebumps on her arms springing. She shifted uncomfortable in her seat and frowned. I observed her what the reason might be and noticed that she wore just a bright blue blouse that had not sleeves and a short black skirt.

"Why are you dressed so cold Taeyeon-ah" I whispered as I laid my coat over her shoulders. 

I warmed my hands by rubbing them together and approached her forearms. I touched her arms and let her feel the warmth. I saw her forehead going back to it's normal state and her breathing stabilized too. I immediately smiled that I calmed her somehow. Although she didn't say anything I liked it to have her close to me. I often asked myself why I felt this way. We were not close actually but I felt a connection that I had to protect her and she had to protect me. It was something intuitive that I couldn't reason. 

I wanted to wait until she wakes up so I crossed my arms and leaned back since I was cold but I ended up closing my eyes and drifting off to dream land. My brain slowly shut down but was up again when I heard Taeyeon shifting in her seat. I hardly opened my eyes a little bit to see if she was awake now and when I saw her eyelids twitching I shut my eyes again. I heard her groaning cutely. I assumed that she saw me 'sleeping' next to her when she groaned for 1 second out loud but then turned to a silence groan. She sighed.

"Are you done watching me?" I opened one eye and caught her surprised face facing me on her arms.

"I-I didn- why are you here Ms hwang?" Then I opened both eyes and stretched my body by lifting up my arms. 

"Uuuuugh, first don't call me ms hwang ever again and secondly wipe your drool before you speak with me." I smiled at her because she was blushing in embarrassment as she wiped her drool on the left corner of her lips away.

"It's already 1 am why didn't you wake me up?" 

"You looked so cu- peacefully when you slept. I didn't want to ruin this moment. By the way.. What is it that you wanted to ask me?"

"What what do I wanted to ask you?" I didn't say anything and looked at her until she realized what I meant.

"Oh that um I'm a little shy.." I reassured her by rubbing her arm that she shouldn't be afraid to ask me whatever question it is since I'm very open-minded. 

"I...yoi.. Can I sleep at your place this night?" She looked anywhere but not in my eyes, first in the floor then on the tidy table and lastly at the ceiling. I looked at her closely and traced every part of her beautiful face with my eyes when they stopped at her cheek. I took her chin and - I thought she already knew what I was going to do so she tried to turn her head away - and I held her head tight and turned it back to me. 

"WHAT THE TAEYEON WHO DID THIS?!" I saw a little bulge on her cheek because of the multiple layers of make up she had on. I smudged it away to get a glimpse what it really was. When I yelled at her, her eyes began to glisten... She was seconds away before crying. 

"No, please don't cry, I'm sorry Taeyeon-ah." She sobbed and wipe the tear away that fell. She said to me that I shouldn't be sorry since it's not my fault that she began to cry. I worriedly asked her why she was injured and caressed her cheek. Her Face said that she was frightened and didn't want to respond so I let it be and took her hand. Her hand was warm and soft to feel more of it I intertwined our fingers. My heart was almost jumping out of my chest before I took the bold move.

She smiled at me sincere showing off her chin dimple. I found her even more adorable that I just slung my arm around her shoulder pulling her closer to me. I didn't care what she would think I just had the need to hug her. And she obviously felt not uncomfortable, she snuggled even closer to me and put her hand in my pocket. I was sure she felt safe, and that made me even more happy.
---
"Here you can wear this to sleep." I handed her a pink and white striped shorts and a pink tshirt. She chuckled and responded:

"I already have something." She put her bag on the bed and opened it and took her blue colored pajamas out. 

"You are indeed the pink fairy fany-ah...just like in the past." She first smiled but it was vanished away with the last sentence. It really saddened her so I assumed that she knew that I don't remember. I put the cloth back and walked out of the room in order that taeyeon can change. Even though we are both girls and we knew each other since we were babies I didn't want to intrude her space and make her feel uncomfortable and I couldn't promise to restrain myself to do inappropriate things before i left the room i turned around to her and asked:

"did you plan to sleep here since the morning?" she nodded in response and was embarrassed. i found it cute and just smiled at her as i went out.

When I waited in front of my door I looked for the first time ever at the pictures on the wall. I moved in this apartment when the company was slowly rising up so everything was arranged by my father's staff since I had spend 24/7 on work. 

The arrangement of the pictures was like a timeline. Beginning from my room the first picture of me was taken right after I was born, 5 photos further the photo showed my mum and toddler-me smiling in the camera. 

Nice memories were rushing through my mind and I began to shed a few tears. I missed my mother, she was one of the best people in the world. She teached me a lot of things because she knew that she was ill. When I was 11 she died because of cancer. I even attempted suicide...again. As I continued in looking at the picture while I remembered my mum I suddenly remembered that I had attempted suicide 2 times already. 

The photo were I stopped that made me reminisce and remember that showed Taeyeon and me hugging tightly. So many things were invading my mind that I became dizzy, my sight became blurry, my legs gave in and the last thing that I got was Taeyeon yelling my name before my head hit the shelf. Everything went black at that moment.