Near death experience

So Similar Yet so Different


"Taeyeon." I teared up suddenly against my will and took a step to come closer to her to bring Taeyeon in my embrace but instead I tripped forward and she slung her arms around to hold me. 

"Uuuagh" I groaned because I struggled to lift my arms and put them around her. But when I managed to do it I hugged her as tight as possible. The alcohol hit me like a truck at that moment and I really didn't care about anything. The only thing that mattered to me was me hugging her so that she won't leave me again. 

I let my head rest in the crook of her neck still hugging her as tight as ever. I suddenly felt someone yelling my name in anger. I still hugged her not caring what's happening around us. I missed Taeyeon so much. I wanted to feel her warmth that I craved for so long. I roamed my hands over her body to savor every inch to make it feel like she is really there. She smelled different than usually but it was still nice and I adapted quickly to the new scent.

Then I felt someone kicking me. I hugged Taeyeon even tighter and pressed her against the wall so she won't be hurt neither because of the kicking nor because of me. The person behind me tugged my shirt but I didn't move. Not even an inch. I tried so hard to protect her. I didn't mind how hard someone is hurting me as long as Taeyeon is safe. 

I was so drunk that I not listened to what the person said. When I noticed that the beating, kicking and tugging calmed down I could breath up and slowly release her from my protective hug. I was ready to flee or when the person was still there I would've fight with her. 

"Fight me ." I whispered as I turned around. 

When I was turned 180 degrees I met a mad, very mad Yuri,  whose head was so red of anger that I could see it in that dim light. Her fists were clenched as well as her jaw. Next to her: Taeyeon. I rubbed my eyes to get a better view. My blurry sight from the numerous drinks lessened. It was really Taeyeon. I was confused and turned my head to the person I was hugging and touching moments ago. I saw Jessica behind me leaning in fright at the wall with her hands over knowing what will happen next.

I woke up the beast in Yuri that I feared and tried to avoid every time jessica was with us. Everything could happen with me: beaten to death, strangled to death or maybe she'll just cut my throat so I will slowly bleed out. I made myself ready for the worst and closed my eyes. 

"Oaughw" Yuri punched me in the face. I looked up from the floor where I sat. I rubbed my cheek that was warm because of the blood that rushed there. 

"You are lucky hwang. Since you are my friend I'll let you live but..." She helped me up and pulled me closer to her by my hand. 

"Once more and I'll  rip your heart out of you alive with my nare hands." She whispered in my ear and distant herself to smile at me and pat my shoulder. What she said immediately sent shiver through my body and made me cry in fear. 

"I-I'm sorry.. I thought she was Tae-tae-" Yuri raised one brow until I continued to end my sentence with sobbing. 
"..yeon." 

"You...?" 
"What?" , yulsic said in unison. I saw Yuri smirking behind me knowing from her gaze why she did that. 

"Taeyeon." Jessica said as she intertwined fingers with her girlfriend and looked at Taeyeon. 

"Huh?" Taeyeon shook her head as if Jessica broke her out of daydreaming. Because the alcohol was flowing freely in my blood I just sat down on the floor when Yuri grabbed my arm to prevent it. 

"Hug her." 

"Wait what? Why shou-" the ice princess cut her off and ordered her to do it. 

To judge from Taeyeon's face she was afraid because both Yuri and Jessica looked at her intimidating. Still not sure if she should do it she slowly took a step forward to me before Yuri pushed her that made her trip and fall into me. I dashed backwards as Taeyeon tried to prevent me to get hurt by pushing her hands against the wall with the other hand supporting my back. When I successfully didn't hurt myself Taeyeon rested against my body with an arm behind me and we looked in each other's eyes feeling the warm breath against our lips. 

I wanted to feel more of her. Her tempting lips that were so close to mine got me addicted although they didn't even touch me. In my eyes her lips were looking so seductively plump and y. I put my hands on her waist to bring her closer not caring that Yulsic was still watching us. We were just a few centimeters away. I already pursed my lips as I looked at her welcoming but somehow uncomfortable gaze, Yuri slapped my hands away from her waist and pulled her back, she said: 

"Nuh uh." I followed with my eyes her finger that wiggled from one side to another. It started to put me in hypnosis again when Yuri stopped and told me: 

"No more than staring." I pouted and immediately made their fingers cringe at my sudden aegyo. I stomped my feet like a little kid on the floor and whined. 

"In the corner hwang." Jessica said as she pointed in the corner between the wall of the toilets and the wall of the vip room. I pouted even more and let my head hung low. As I protest I looked at Taeyeon who obviously was adoring me but in the same time felt pity. Yuri and Jessica waited until I dared to - it proved to be a mistake - slap Yuri and kick her girlfriend's shin. When I quickly ran behind Taeyeon to hide myself from angry Yuri and Jessica, Taeyeon spread her arms and told them to stop. 

I felt warm inside because she protected me like the time I was almost suddenly my heart took over my mind and I slung my arms around the girl's waist in front of me and merong-ed (A/N: outstretched tongue) at the couple.  Yuri feinted to beat me by raising her fist and gave me the you-are-so-dead look. I just shrugged it off so drunk was I that I didn't even was afraid of them. I turned my head sideways to rest on Taeyeon's back as I put my hands from behind in the pockets of her coat she had on. 

When Yuri calmed, Taeyeon said something what I couldn't understand as she placed her arms down. I peaked from behind her and saw the couple nodding. 'Huh?' I thought. I was curious what they talked about so I wanted to ask but before I could open my mouth Taeyeon put her hands in the pockets that were already occupied by mine. She intertwined them from above and  started to walk as she pulled me with her to the exit. 

"I don't want to go yet." I whined and struggled to get my hands out of her pocket but she kept them intertwined and tightened her hands around mine so I couldn't leave. 

"It's not about wanting. You have to." She pulled me outside and looked out for something. We waited and a cab came around the corner filling the lonely street. 

"I don't want to take a cab. I hate it." I pulled my hands out of her pockets and she didn't stopped me like in the club. But right when I had them out and wanted to go she held my wrist. In the meantime the cab stopped in front of us and Taeyeon opened the door with her other hand. 

She pushed me inside and then she sat next to me. We were greeted by a young man before he asked us where we want to go. 

"My home." Taeyeon answered as she leaned towards me and reached out for my seat belt. I caught my breath because she came so close. I tried to lean more in the seat to distant myself from her. I knew that I soon won't behave when she is so close. She fastened my belt and smiled at me. When I smiled at her too I lead my gaze to the rear view to look at the driver's eyes. As soon as he noticed that we put our seat belts on he started to drive. 

Then I remembered she has said 'my home' instead the name of the street where she lived. They obviously knew each other when the driver spoke up: 

"Taeyeon-ie, It hasn't been a long time since you broke up with that rascal and now- " she cut him off as if she knew what he will say next. I wanted to hear him out but - left....right.....left..- the swaying from one side to another of the car got me tired and my eyes just closed.

---------

I woke up when I felt someone lifting me up. Confused of what is happening I struggled to open my eyes but when they were open I was welcomed by a smiling Taeyeon. I wasn't heavy but it was quite long walk until her home so I was afraid that she will be exhausted.

 I was still drowsy from the alcohol but from the time being it lessened and I started to care again. When I looked again to her she had a poker face, she wasn't tired nor fully awake. Not showing any weakness or tiredness it reminded me of myself. Maybe my mother said the same to her when we were still young and not separated. 

She said to me that I can continue to sleep and she'll walk slower to make it it easier for me. But I didn't want to be a burden to her so the whole time I watched her until we reached the destination. She looked concentrated now and then, sometimes she smiled at me that showed off a single dimple on the left side of her chin. It was cute and I just poked the dimple when I saw it. The corner of her lips going even more upwards  and showed a toothy smile. 

"Why do you stare at me?" She asked as she looked back to the front. We were almost there. I already saw the house number shining that I remembered the first and last time I was there. I looked back to her and asked back if she doesn't like it. 

"I can stop if you feel uncomfortable under my stare." '...not' I said to her worriedly but in an undertone of denial. 

"No, it's okay. Actually it's more than okay, I like it to be honest. I like it when people stare at me." She said as she climbed with me in her hands the few steps before we arrived at the front door. 

"You have to go down now. I need to open the door." She slowly squatted to let me down gently. But I stopped her when I slightly hit her shoulder. 

"Huh?"

"Where are your keys? I don't want to go down. I want to stay in your arms." In my head it sounded better. I looked straight into her eyes but we both avoided immediately after I said that. It began to get awkward but she answered nevertheless.

"I-in my pockets." I reached behind me with my right hand. I couldn't remember that there were keys in the pockets since I had my hands in them so I woulde've felt them. And it proved when she said:

"Not these pockets." I looked at her questionable but she looked down on her and nodded her head at her chest. 

"I think it's better if I-" in the middle of the sentence I put my hand in her coat and searched for the pocket inside. Not caring what she would feel under my touch I searched for the keys. Now and then I brushed her clothed s. I looked at her and saw that she was really uncomfortable but when I wanted to stop I found the pocket with the keys. Reaching for them I felt my hand getting more and more sweaty not only because her coat was warm inside but also I wanted to get over it as fast as possible because it became more awkward from second to second. 

I opened the door and she pushed with a foot the door so we can enter and when we were one flight up she said that I began to get heavy. Instead of being hurt I ordered her to go the last meters. She instantly brought me down after what I said then she yanked her keys away from me and continued to walk up to her apartment leaving me alone. Confused I ran after her but somehow the alcohol hit me again and I began to wobble my way instead of running like I planned. 

"I'm so stupid." Taeyeon came down again and heaved me over her shoulder. 

---------

"Let me treat your injury." 

"What?" She caressed her own cheek to demonstrate what she meant. I lifted my hand to touch my face too and was surprised by a painful sting that I twitched. 

"Idiot." She whispered but still audible for me as she kneeled down. Now she was the same eye level as me and I just squinted at Taeyeon to signal her that I heard it. She winked at me playfully and smiled. Something came over me that my hand suddenly caressed her cheek what made her flinch at my sudden touch. Just for a second I felt her skin. I asked myself how it would feel like when my lips touch that beautiful skin of hers. It was smooth and tender not to forget pale - but not unhealthy pale - and clear. 

The first aid kit box was opened by her after my little touching session. It was all finished after she disinfected my wound and put on a square patch. To distract myself from the pain I tapped my outstretched legs in switch on the floor like a kid and played with my hands. 

"You are still a kid tiff." She said as she stood up ruffling my hair and kissing my forehead. Then Taeyeon just left the bathroom. Still processing what just happened I touched the spot where she kissed and mumbled by myself "tiff." I was overwhelmed at her sudden friendliness and her shy escape. Shy wasn't in my vocabulary because not only me but she too wasn't shy at all. To see her like this I smiled and stood up to follow her wherever she is. 

 

____________________

(a/n) taeyeon and tiffany are always treating each other lol what do you think about that?