Misunderstanding

So Similar Yet so Different

[TAEYEON]
"Am I not going to sleep with you?" Tiffany asked as she looked at the couch with the blanket and cushion on it. Judging from her tone I knew she was disappointed. I a little bit more by asking back if it would be a problem. She stood sideways to me in the living room as I leaned against the doorframe in amusement. I saw her lower lip slowly pushing forward but was interrupted when she responded that of course it wouldn't be a problem for her. Tiffany went to the couch began to unfold the blanket and adjusting the pillow. I tiptoed to her so she won't notice me. In surprise I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the room. 

"It was a joke. Chill tiff! ..-any. Of course you are going to sleep in my bed." I didn't turn round but I felt that she smiled in happiness and fortunately she didn't see my in shyness blushed face. 

"I slept on the couch the last nights because someone else slept in my bed." I thought she would ask who slept in my bed, because in the past I still remembered that she was really curious and always asked me about many things, but this time Tiffany didn't. I didn't bother to tell her without her asking so we just entered my room in silence. She laid down as if it was her own home. 

It made me flutter inside because she felt so comfortable around me. Because of my personality everybody thought of me as an awkward and introvert person so they didn't want to approach me. Sometimes people had the guts but just to get in my pants. I didn't really mind since I still had Baekhyun. And after I got closer to Tiffany I had more friends. I got to know YulSic and hyoyeon, sooyoung is still in process. Tiffany was really different from everyone else maybe because I knew her better. 
 ---
"Why are you standing there?" I shook my head to go back to the reality and walked over to my side of the bed. I laid on my back and stared at the ceiling. 

"Are you ok? Is something bothering you?" In the corner of my eye I saw her facing me as she supported her head on the arm. 
I turned to her too and smiled. 

"Everything is alright. Just thinking." 

"Care to share your thoughts?" She caressed my cheek and smiled reassuringly. 

"I like how you feel so comfortable around me. It's like we weren't separated and you... You are not angry at me apparently." I answered as I closed my eyes. Her gently touch made me feel tired and safe. 

"Why would I be angry?"

"You even remember what I like" She said nothing so I assumed that she must be thinking. She sighed and took her hand away from my face but I stopped her as I grabbed her hand and pressed it against that face of mine again. 

"Taeyeon, it was like 17 years ago. How would I still know?" She continued to caress my cheek.

"I don't know but... I want to know what you like nowadays." I opened my eyes and met a staring Tiffany who was surprised because I opened my eyes out of the blue. I leaned forward as I held her hand on my cheek her knuckles with my thumb. I felt her rigid breath against my face.

"Can I get to know you tiff?" I whispered seductively. She nodded but leaned a little backwards in denial. My hand that was earlier on her's cupped her neck now. I slowly brought my face towards as I saw her breath getting caught. The deep exhale of mine made her twitch in surprise but she instantly opened a little while she flickered eyes between mine and my lips. We were just millimeters away so that both of us were inhaling the other one's breath. Her breath was still minty and it felt cold so it sent shiver down my spine. When I closed my eyes, our lips-

---

"Tae! Are you okay?!" I struggled to opened my eyes but I got annoyed when - probably Tiffany - shook my whole body and I just shoot my eyes open to mimic her that she should stop. Only with my eyes I told her to stop and she did. I looked at her face  that was stained with tears as I asked what happened. Salty droplets were falling directly in my throat so I suddenly coughed and hit my chest. She said multiple times sorry and explained to me that I suddenly broke down for 2 min. As she told me this I wiped her face before I die because of her tears.

"Oh." I got up as if nothing happened and walked to the bed. I thought back to my dream or what ever it was and it made me feel uncomfortable somehow. I awkwardly laid down as Tiffany was still staring at me. 

"Don't you care about your health Taeyeon?" Whenever she said my name at the end of a sentence I knew that she was serious and it was no time for me to joke. I thought about an answer that won't blow up her head and ended up saying that it happens often and nothing serious I should worry about. 

"Not to worry about? Did you visit someone professional who told you about this?" 

"I think it's just because I lack sleep."

"So no?" I nodded and Tiffany asked how much I sleep at night. I told her that it can depend on what I did on that day. Mostly I worked since the broke up with Baekhyun. I already had troubles sleeping but it worsened after that. On average I slept 5 hours per night I ended my little story session. 

She just nodded and turned so that her back was facing me. I assumed she was tired because she really drank a lot and it was past midnight  so I couldn't possibly blame her, more or less. 

"Good night, miyoung-ah" I whispered after a few minutes thinking that she fell asleep. 

"Night." She responded. Obviously she was mad ...and still awake. I wanted to ask why but I knew she was tired and this will probably lead to an argument so I just closed my eyes in hope that her madness will settle down. 

------------

I stretched my body, what was odd because Tiffany is all clingy and I always woke up with her hugging me so I couldn't stretch but this wasn't the case.

I looked at my left side to find an empty spot. 'Don't say you left.' I thought as I jerked up and put on my slippers. My arms especially the biceps were hurting because I carried approximately 50 kg 20 minutes. I applied some liquid pain reliever and quickly ran to the door. I swung it open and called "Tiffany?" No answer. I searched in the bathroom that was empty. I became more nervous. Walking to the living room I was smelling something burned. I leaned against the doorframe of the kitchen and watched Tiffany from behind wiggling her body to the beat of the music she listened to with headphones. I smiled because of her silliness and walked over after I remembered again the burnt smell. I peaked over her shoulder and rested my head on it as I unplugged one side. 

She twitched in surprise and turned her head to the side were my head was. Our faces were so close that she almost kissed me by accident. She took the other side out and nudged with her elbow in my stomach as she turned to the front again.

"What was that for?" I asked her rubbing my stomach. 

"For surprising me." She responded rather coldly. 'Was she still mad because of yesterday?' 

"Then you shouldn't surprise me as well ms. Hwang." I . 

"I thought you left without telling me." I said sadly. It wasn't unnoticed by her and she turned around to me. She turned back and put the recognizable kimchi fried rice from the turned off stove and turned 180. 

"Would you be mad if I did?" She took my hands after she lifted up my chin to face her. 

"Of course, who wouldn't?" I didn't really care if she left but I considered that it was rude to not inform me so I answered like that. She gave me a surprised expression, I think she misunderstood what my actual intention was behind my sadness. Tiffany let go of my hands turned around and took out 2 plates and silverware and put them on the table. We sat down in silence but I broke it when I spoke up. 

"This looks yummy." I took the fork and munched it down forgetting that she was actually a terrible cook.

"This is surprisingly yummy tiff." I remembered. 

"Of course." She responded, leaning behind as she looked at her nails. I reminded her that she couldn't do that 4 weeks ago and that she shouldn't act like she was born to be a cook.  After my statement I giggled and earned embarrassment from her side. 

"How come that you can cook suddenly?"

"How come that you lied to me?" Well that escalated quickly. Her face instantly turned to seriousness expecting a serious answer. But I couldn't give an answer because I didn't remember that I lied to her. She noticed me being confused and helped me to recall the memories. 

"You said you sleep 5 hours per night and here you sit, awake, sleeping as twice as you told me." I looked at the clock '10.34am' so it was true that I slept almost 10 hours but as well as true was that I lacked sleep so I was questioning myself why I slept for that long. I realized that I only sleep this long when Tiffany was with me. Was it because I was away from her for so long and now when she is with me I could sleep in peace? I saw her gulping down the last piece of kimchi and standing up. I still couldn't give a properly answer and watched her in silence as I thought about it real hard. She sponged the plate with soap and rinsed it afterwards with clear water. 

"I appreciate that you liked my food, but I don't appreciate my employees lying especially not you to me." I don't know why but I couldn't get a word out. Whenever I wanted to say something she spoke up again and left me confused or surprised. I tried to sort my numerous thoughts that I didn't know anymore what to say at that moment. Tiffany slipped in her high heels and left after waving me goodbye coldly. 

Is she mad? Just because of this simple 'lie'? I think she is overreacting especially when it's not even true that I lied about what I said last night. I didn't know that Tiffany was so sensitive when it came to lies. Obviously it was something that came throughout the years as she grew up. I asked myself why she ended up like that, how and who did it to her? When I thought about it more I imagined how she caught her former girlfriends cheating on her and take advantage of her trust. 

I scrubbed my plate so hard that it broke in 2 pieces. Right then someone came home. 

"Taeyeon-ie! I'm back." I turned to the door and saw him taking off his shoes. 

"Oppa, hi." Jiwoong came in the kitchen and gave me a kiss on the forehead. He always kisses me on the forehead. When he leaves, comes and sometimes because he just wants to. When he saw in my hands the broken plate he asked me what happened.

"Are you hurt yeon-ie? You are so clumsy." He said as he took my hands and roamed his eyes to find cuts. 

"Nothing happened, it just slipped out of my hand." I couldn't possibly tell him what I was thinking when I broke the plate so I lied to him. I hated it to lie but in the same time I thought that it wasn't a lie that could bring him in danger. 

"I have to tell you something Taeyeon." He said as he dragged me to the table. He sounded serious. I was afraid of what was coming next. 

"Yesterday, I was at the club and... I danced and then I approached someone. She turned while we were dancing and then she kissed me. From the taste of her lips I could tell that she was really drunk. The kiss went more wild. I pushed her to the VIP rooms. And she sat on my lap. When I saw her face-" 

"It was Tiffany, am I right?" I clenched my jaw as well as my fists. I was feeling something I couldn't describe but I knew it wasn't  happiness. Angry? Because he made out with my long lost best friend? Jealous? Because he got the privilege to make out with her? Or both at the same time? 

"H-how did you know?" 

"I was there too and when I saw her coming out of one of the vip rooms with smudged lipstick so I put 1 and 1 together." 

"Are you angry?" Jiwoong said as he took my hand and my knuckles 

"No, why would I, oppa?" I freed my hand when I heard the message tone of my phone. 

From: Tiffany [11:19am]
'Let's meet at 7 pm in front of your building' 

I was curious why she wanted to see me so I quickly agreed before I put my attention back to my brother.