Stay away

So Similar Yet so Different

"Don't move." Taeyeon said. She swept the glasses around my foot away and leaned her upper body down to lift me over her shoulder. 

I began to cry because it hurt so much. 

"Tae it hurts." 

"I know. I should've been faster, I'm sorry." 

"W-why was there glass on t-the floor?" I asked when she sat me down on the chair that was still there from last night. She sat me slowly down as if I would break in pieces like the glass if she would drop me. 
I noticed her flexing, firm muscular arm under my hand. I wanted to hold on her more but the veins were almost popping out because I held her so tight that I blocked the blood flow. Taeyeon looked so fragile and weak but inside she was like a humble bodybuilder. 

"*ahem* you can take your hands off now" she said coughing awkwardly. 

"Ah yeah I just... I was about to do it when you said that." I said to her as we tried to hide our blushed faces. I fumbled me hands on my lap in the moment of silence but when she started to take the pieces of broken glass out of my foot forcefully. 

"Fany I'm sorry but this has to be finished fast. Believe me I'm sorry." 

'Fany?'

"It's better this way." I answered. I looked down from my foot to the floor. The blood was flowing freely and dripping from my heel to the floor where the single blood drops formed a puddle.

Taeyeon continued to take out the pieces that made me twitch in pain. 

"I'm sorry." she mumbled and looked down in guilt. 

"It's not your *ah* fault." 

"It is. I shouldn't have dawdle." 

"Dawdle? You couldn't know when I would wake up. Stop blaming yourself." I slowly got annoyed. When she said that she finished sanitizing and bandaging the wounds. I got up and limped to the bedroom to get my - now ripped - jeans and put them on. She followed behind and put on my feet pink slippers that had ears and the face of a bunny without saying anything. I just let her do and went to my shoes that were beside the front door. When I took another step out of the room I stepped on the little pile of glasses where I stepped in earlier but this time I didn't hurt myself since I got the slippers on. I turned around and saw her corner of the lips twitching upwards but her eyes were saying the opposite. It made me sad too but I just continued to find my shoes. When I carefully slipped my injured foot in the shoe Taeyeon behind me asked "Are you going?" 

"Yeah I don't want to be here anymore."  

"But why? I'm sorry if I made you upset." 

"Stop apologizing would you?! I already said that it is not your fault!" 

"But it was, if I didn't argue with baek I wouldn't have kick him out and make him angry." 

"So you are saying that it was him huh?? This wouldn't have happened when I didn't get between you and yubin and put your desk in my office. I heard your stomach grumble in hunger and I had to take you to my home! So there is it... It's my fault you see? and now, bye I'm going. Thank you for everything. See you at work tomorrow." I almost yelled at her but it was so annoying that she insisted that it was her fault when it wasn't. I trusted her but she didn't believe in what I said so she obviously didn't trust me.

When I slowly limped my way down the stairway I heard someone coming down so I made myself ready to go the side so the person can pass by easily. When I heard the steps coming closer a familiar scent invaded my nose and someone swept my feet away from floor and walked down the remaining stairs carrying me bridal style. It was Taeyeon and her flexing arms got me again. I looked at her arms and than her face. She looked so concentrated to hold me tight and in the same time to go one step after another trying not to fall. Even though she looked wary I trusted her 100%. I was sure that she wouldn't fall. 

When we arrived at the bottom she put me down and told me to get on her back. I did as she said since my foot hurt and I couldn't walk properly. I took the opportunity to let her bring me home. 

--

"Just tell me when I'm too heavy." 

"I'm not going to let you walk." 

"It's not that I can't walk you know.."

"Yeah but...never mind. Just 5 min and we are there." 
----- 
She brought me up to my apartment and let me down in front of the door. When I got my key out I noticed that she left...without saying bye to me. I couldn't even say thank you. I would have contact her but I didn't know her number and I'm busy now with work. When i see her at work I'll just speak with her. 

------ 

9.30 am. I made my usual way to my office and limped the way where I pass by Taeyeon's desk that was put back to it's place since yubin left the company after my little tantrum and my father who didn't want that Taeyeon works in my room because he knew how easily distracted I get. 

But she wasn't at her seat. Her desk was as tidy as always so I couldn't tell if she was not at work at all or was just doing something else.  

When I looked around I found her chatting happily with another employee. He was one of the best looking male worker here and I knew that he just hit on girls to make them fall for him and then their heart apart -literally-. Thanks to Siwon many left their work here so I routinely had to hire new people. I couldn't fire him since my father really likes him and his work, to satisfy my dad I just let Siwon. It's not really my problem what he does to them so why would I even do something against him? 

When I hired people I preferred male ones in order that it wouldn't be a loss for us in the future. The company had an outstanding amount of male workers but there were still woman. Either ugly ones who he is not interested in, woman who didn't give a about him or lesbians, but there still was Taeyeon..

I walked to the coffee machine were I got the perfect view to watch them. Neither did it look like I would stare at them nor did I have to turn my head around. It was just in between. I psuhed the button for black coffe and the cup slowly started to fill. Glancing back and forth I saw Siwon making a lot of skinship. That was a natural sign he did to get closer. Taeyeon didn't shifted away. It was the opposite. She rubbed his corner of his lip as if there was something but I could see clearly that there wasn't anything. I had no reason to feel jealous but I was. It's not like she would start something with Siwon because she had Baekhyun. Besides i didn't have any feeling for Taeyeon so why was I feeling like that? 

My brain said 'go back to the office and stop the staring' but my heart said to rip Siwon's head off. I decided to do something in between. With my full cup I walked to my office and said to sooyoung - my secretary - that she would bring Taeyeon in my office. I had to speak with her under 4 eyes. 
----
"You called me?" She opened the door but didn't come in. 

"Yeah you may come in." She came in and sat down. 

"Who told you to sit down?" 

"You would have offered me to sit down and I would have said yes so I just shorten that question answer thing." 

"Hm ok so let's get straight to the point if you want it short. Why did you leave without saying anything?" 

"Aaah that, I noticed that you were mad so I thought it would be better this way." 

"I was mad yeah... But you should say bye nevertheless." 

"Why do you even care? It's not like you died when I didn't say bye." 

"You say bye out of politeness ms. Kim!" 

"Ms Kim?" She said as she laughed mockingly. 

"So ms hwang... Bye I'm going." She stood up from her seat and looked at me with a questioning gaze. "satisfied?"

"Yes I am and Kim..." She opened the door and locked eyes with me again. I just stayed like this to let this moment last as long as possible but she interrupted our stare contest. 

"Yes?"

"Stay away from mr choi." I continued looking at the reports from the last days. I heard her closing the door again thinking that she went out.

"Why? Playing the boss role again huh?"

"Playing the boss role? You know that I am actually your boss, do you? I saw you doing inappropriate with him, that don't belong here when it's time to work." 

"I just chatted with him and we got close. Is this a problem for you?"

"No it's-" she cut me off and took a step forward every sentence she began.

"Do you think I will cheat on Baekhyun? There is no need to think that because I broke up with him." She turned around after 2 steps and walked out, leaving me surprised. 

I needed to process to what she just said and instantly began to think of reasons and questions building up in my mind. Right after she broke up she is searching for someone new? Did she broke up because Baekhyun he spread the glasses? Did she broke up because he did something bad? Another reason could be that she had feelings for someone else...Siwon... 

I stood up and in no time I was at the door and swung it open. Sooyoung looked at me questioned and shocked why I was like that. I didn't pay attention to her further after she asked me what I'm doing  and searched her threw the glass wall that was separating the waiting room and office hall. I roamed my eyes from left to right when I saw them in the left corner. Taeyeon's office.

 He leaned against her desk and I saw him taking a strand of her hair tucking it behind the ear. I couldn't believe that she disobeyed me. I was so angry and just went back in my spacious office all alone when Taeyeon sat with Siwon in that little office of hers.

--------

We didn't talk to each other for 4 days already. Every once in awhile I watched her from the waiting room like now. 

"Do you want a coffee Tiffany?"

"No thanks sooyoung, I had a cup 15 min ago."

"Yeah what am I even asking? You had 5 cups today. I think it's enough." I didn't respond anymore because I saw her walking towards Siwon's desk already smiling but then someone sat in front of me and blocked my view. 

"Aaish sooyoung get out of the way, would you!?" I tried to get a glimpse and stuck my head to the side but Sooyoung's body  wandered with my gaze and stopped me from looking. I wanted to stand up but was invaded with the pain of my still not healed wounds under my foot when I tread hard on the floor and just sat down again.

"Tiffany, why do you always sit here and watch her? Yuri and Jessica are right. You changed. And what's with that painful expression? Are you hurt somewhere?" She leaned over to me and roam around my body with her hands as she looked in my face to get a reaction since she knew that I wouldn't tell her if something is hurting me. But she got nothing other than a distracted expression. When she unblocked my view I searched for her again and found her sitting all alone at her place where she belongs. I was relived that she was back but I was curious what she did with Siwon. 

I noticed that they became not closer it was just like the first time I saw them. Not more not less. That's the only good thing between them. Taeyeon probably did as I said. That made me happy, so on my happy day I wanted to approach her but I felt Sooyoung sitting next to me and watching with me Taeyeon. 

"You like her, don't you?" I saw in the corner of my eye that she turned to me. 

"Me? Liking her? What the hell sooyoung. Everyone likes me but it takes some time for me because i need to know them first and I don't know her at all."

"So you just wanna her?"

"Ye- nooo um well, I would lie if I told you that I didn't thought about it but actually no." 

"So why do you watch her all the time?" 

"I watch everyone. Just to see what's going on."

"Yeah that's why you knew who I was talking about when I said 'her' huh?" I looked at her in disbelief. 

"Uh I think I have to go." I stood up and unnoticed limped one step forward when sooyoung held my wrist. I tried to get out of her grip when

"Ah Yuri stop it!" The stare between me and sooyoung broke when we both heard Jessica yelling. 

_____________________

(a/n) please take a little time and comment what you think about this chapter! :)