Do you believe me?

So Similar Yet so Different

[TAEYEON] 

"Bye baby." I said, patting her before I rushed out with Yuri and Jessica. 

We walked out of the apartment and left Tiffany there so that I had time to think and do my errands.

"Taeng, you seem to be spaced out." I shook my head in surprise and looked at them. 

"I think something big will happen soon." Turning left to the car garage, I couldn't hold the thought by myself. 

"What do you mean?" Jessica suspiciously asked.

"I think I'll hurt Tiffany." 

"Hold up. What?!" Yuri pulled me back by my coat's sleeve, now standing in the middle of the roadway. 

"I-I can't tell you." I couldn't tell them about it in detail. I didn't want to. It hurt my heart that they'll find out about it. Especially Tiffany. I didn't want to hurt her as well. Not able to know when it will happen I was even more in fear to lose Tiffany. Even though time has changed and Tiffany promised to believe everything I say, I couldn't even believe her or myself. Was it all acting? Were my feelings even sincere? What was it that I felt whenever I saw, heard or thought of her? They made me feel insecure. Doubtful about my relationship with Tiffany. Holding it back was difficult to handle but saying it out loud made it even more difficult especially in front of Jessica and Yuri. 

"What can't you tell us?" Both gave me an intense glare, making me feel intimidated.

"Do you trust me, guys?" Jessica looked at her girlfriend and eventually nodded in sync with her. 

"I love Tiffany with everything I have. I'm definitely not lying." 

"We know that you love her. We see that. There is no way you don't besides you are an excellent actress." Being in YulSic's embrace along with the nice words Yuri said, it gave me strength and in addition a generous chuckle. 

"But we both know that you are the worst actress." The latter gave me an reassuring smile, followed with Jessica's soothing back that I couldn't feel bad anymore but less stressed. 

"So tell us ... What happened? Why do you think you'll hurt her?" I thought about it for a moment whether I should tell them. YulSic seemed to be understanding and considered that I won't hurt her. But I couldn't help but think that it will end up like the last month. Tiffany won't talk to me and YulSic will consulate her instead of being there for me. As far as I know Yuri got a scolding for being like that from Jessica. Jessica was more understanding and rational when it came to problems and such, in contrast Yuri was more likely to be the delusional type who didn't think about the facts and couldn't really emphasize with other people but at the same time she was a caring person who you can really rely on as long as she was on your side. 

"There is a video..." 

---

"Do you guys want to eat something? I'll invite you." 

"You already spent way too much money today." Yuri said as we walked down the street. Stopping at a pedestrian light I looked around for a possible coffee shop  to eat something small like cake, gaining the carbs I needed.

"You know that I can afford it, right? There! Let's go there." I pushed them with my several shopping bags to the right side and proceeded to walk there without any opposition from YulSic. 

Yuri opened the door for us and I was immediately overwhelmed by the sweet scent of freshly brewed coffee, whose steam was noticeable from afar, mixed with the smell of cinnamon rolls which just came out of the oven. We sat inside and soon a waitress came and took our orders. 

"Taengoo, why are you so uneasy." Jessica said as she yanked the ripped napkin away from my hand. 

"You told us it happened before you guys had been a couple. Have you ever witnessed that Tiffany was resentful? ...No? we neither." Yuri said. 

"Please don't worry. Of course that what you said was dumb since you were drunk but I mean that's what I thought too to be honest, right Seobang?" 

"Yeah, right Jessica." Yuri didn't seem to be happy about that which I noticed when she glared at Jessica and called her by her actual name. As I watched the latter kissing Yuri, the waitress came and gave each of us our orders. 

"Here." She said smiling at me. 

"Thank you." Jessica said in my stead. 

"Being the girlfriend of South  Korea's youngest CEO is hard, isn't it?" 

"Not really, everything is the same besides that people recognize me as her girlfriend." Sipping my hot chocolate, I glanced around the store and noticed that people were talking and taking glances at me too. I didn't know the exact reason for that since there were hundreds of them. They could be looking at me because I was Tiffany's girlfriend, because I was so pretty or because I was just Taeyeon and not Tiffany and Taeyeon. 

I didn't often go out but when I did it was always with Tiffany. For me too, it was unusual and odd that I didn't have her by my side, that we couldn't hold hands or kiss each other. To go out alone or at least without my girlfriend was something I should do more often so that I won't be dependent on Tiffany. But what would Tiffany do and feel when I told her that I want to be alone? Nuh uh. I wanted to be with Tiffany forever and I wanted her to feel the same because I loved her. 

"We will support you. We will do something against them before it happens. This is unbelievable." Yuri sighed and rolled her eyes before she inhaled the rising steam of her coffee. 

"Taeng, it's already half past. You said you'll be out for an hour, 45 minutes past already." 

"We would have more time left if you had taken off your eyes from the jewelry sooner." I answered Jessica as we got up from our seats. 

"You don't need to drive us. Just go home already, Fany is probably longingly waiting for her Taetae." Using our pet names, Yuri lightly yet energetically hit my shoulder and giggled along with her girlfriend. 

I just ignored them and turned around to walk to my car but Jessica held my wrist to tell me one last thing before we went separate ways. 

"If something happens, call us, okay?" I gave them a calming but  nervous smile and nodded. 

-----

"Fany, I'm back!" I said as I took off my shoes. Since she didn't answer, I glanced at her, sitting in front of the turned off TV, and told her again that I was back in case she didn't hear me even though I said it loud enough that it would be still audible in the deepest corner of our apartment. 

"Baby?" As I slowly walked towards her, I was able to see more of her tensed posture. Hands with her phone on the lap, straight but leaned on back and face was directed at the TV. 

"Why didn't you answer my calls?" I looked back to the bags, I put down after I came in and then at my phone which was turned off. 

"Battery went off. I'm sorry. I-" 

"Did you get the money?" I was still standing there when she cut me off and asked me such a confusing question with a voice I didn't prefer to hear. 

"What money?" I asked as I walked around the couch to face her. 

Seeing her all serious, not even looking at me I knew something was definitely wrong and I also knew what exactly was wrong. 

"They sent you the video." I kneeled in front of her and took her hands which she immediately yanked away. 

"So you knew about it?" I looked at her furious but at the same time expressionless face that hurt my still beating heart with the laser beams which shoot out of her eyes straight into it.

"Why? Why Taeyeon? Stop touching me." Again, Tiffany pushed my hands off her and eagerly awaited an answer that I didn't have since I didn't know what to reason. 

"Do I misunderstand that? Taeyeon, did you just use me like the other girls?" Watching her talking, I noticed that tears were welling up. Tiffany tried hard to hold them back but as she spoke further, locking eyes with me every then and now, the warm salty liquid in the form of little drops were rolling down her cheek and eventually formed a big cold teardrop on her chin that fell seconds afterwards.

"Was that all acting? Please tell me if I'm wrong and what happened. I don't want to believe that this was all fake." 

"Miyoung. I tell you this for the last time so please listen carefully..." I sat next to her and Tiffany finally let me touch her without her refusal to do so. With the back of my hands, I wiped her face dry, took a strand of her hair and tucked it behind her ear. Adjusting her bangs, I spoke up again.

"I, Kim Taeyeon, don't take advantage of you, your money or any of your feelings. I'm sincere towards you. I love you with everything I have, with my whole heart and beyond..."

-----
Flashback

A few months after Taeyeon was hired at the company. The people at the company were really nice. They welcomed my presence in the company well and friendly received me in their friendship of colleagues. Maybe it was just because of my looks but at least I had some same-aged friends who shared with me same interests. Drinking and partying. 

"Let's hold our shots high and cheer on the newbie in our company, Taeyeon!" To Yeonwoo's order each of us got one shot from the tray and held them up in the middle of our circle. 

"Guys, that's not necessary but since I like you all, I don't want to be unpolite. Let's do it! Cheers!" And everyone in unison were yelling their cheers. The atmosphere was amazing. It was filled with joy and excitement. Even though I didn't like too many people around me it was different with them. They were so friendly and welcoming that I couldn't help it but enjoy their presence. It was even easier to bear the loud crowd 
since I already had a few due to the 5 soju shots moments ago. 

"Hey, Seok! I think our boss flirted with me today." Yeonwoo said to Miseok. Our boss was Stephanie Hwang. Also known as Tiffany Hwang Miyoung in my case. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first stepped into the building, seeing her in that tight black dress,  with unbelievable high heels that would kill me if I wore them and her straight black hair, it was nice but likewise a frightening feeling to see her in an attitude and such attire that I couldn't bear to see. But to look away wasn't an option either. Her looks were stunning and ... She was just gorgeous however it was very noticeable that she loved herself more than anything else. The walk, her expression and the way she spoke wasn't normal. I wasn't used to what I saw especially since it was Miyoung. My Miyoung had curly pigtails and smiled all the time, spreading love everywhere she went with her eyesmile. I wanted to approach her but when I noticed that she didn't even care about me when we passed by each other, I no longer wanted to approach that conceited and narcissistic woman but avoid her in every way possible but what was I thinking? Since I was an employee of hers it wasn't really possible to avoid her. 

"Have you seen yourself in the mirror? You are a guy. We know, and you too, that she likes girls ... Girls like Taeyeon." Even though my sight was a little blurry, I saw that Miseok pointed at me. 

"Thank you for reminding me that I'm a girl." I ironically said as I hiccuped a few times. 

"Don't you want to try it?"

"Try what?" I said, leaning against his shoulder. 

"What do you think about her?" 

"About whom?" 

"Taeyeon! Get a grip. I think she drank too much." Taking the next shot, I was about to gulp it down but Yeonwoo yanked it from my hands and gulped it down by himself. 

"Stop drinking! So tell us ... What do you think about Ms. Hwang?" I chuckled and hiccuped at the same time when he called her 'Ms. Hwang'. It was fun to hear other people call her that when I just called her Tiffany or Miyoung. 

"I guess she is hot." I voiced out.

"Since you know her a little bit longer than us, why don't you try it? You are a pretty girl, Taeyeon. No one of us couldn't even get to the first base" 

"But I have a boyfriend and who said that I'll have a bigger chance than you." 

"He won't get to know. Let's just bet. It's worth a try..." 

"Bet what?" I asked.

"Seduce her. 5$ from us each ... That makes 35$ just for seducing her. If you get her to with you we will give you 4 times more." 

"Seducing? Seducing would be possible ... Sleeping with her? Meh. I pass. I don't want to cheat on my Hyunie." As I leaned against the backrest, getting support from my friends from both sides so I won't break down, I agreed to the bet. 

"That Baekhyun is trash. If you can have her than take her." Even though it angered me that he called  my boyfriend trash, I couldn't really care when my body parts where just hanging free without any strength to do something I assigned them to.

"So if you get her to be in a relationship with you, you get ... Let me think about it ... If we all monthly get around 1.500 to 2.000$ minus apartment, insura... 100$ each. 700$!"

"Call!" Impulsively agreeing to the bet in my drunken state, I didn't think about the consequences but all that mattered was the easy-won money they had offered me. With the looks of mine and the motivation they gave me, I thought it couldn't be so hard to seduce her.

"But you have to give us 1000$ and tell your experiences as compensation when you get her." He and the rest were laughing out loud and giving him high five but right then my eyes shut, knnocking out in Yeonwoo's lap.

-----

"Because I was so drunk, I didn't know that they were filming me. All I was thinking was the money that I knew would get easy and see? I won the bet. I didn't plan to win. It was just the desire in that moment of vulnerability and the competitive side came out. But ... I didn't accept the money. I didn't accept the money because I really started to like you. To lurk on everything you were doing, follow you around without your knowledge, make use of every opportunity to see you. I didn't want their money nor yours. The only thing that I wanted was to make you love me like I did. I wanted your love and I still want it." I looked at the sobbing guise in front of me to make sure that she heard every word I said before I spoke up again. 

"And then they were forcing me to tell them about our , how we made love and how we touched each other but I refused to tell them and give them the money even though I didn't even to that part. So they started to threaten me at work. They threatened me to do their work that's why I was always overworking otherwise they would show you the video. I was afraid that you'll leave me so I tried to do everything to prevent that. Since the work constantly piled up I couldn't do the majority of their paperwork anymore. I told them that I'm unable to cope with it further but they didn't and wouldn't understand until I give them what they wanted." Her head lifted up with glistening eyes which were dark but shining bright at once. I wiped away the last teardrop and asked her the crucial question I feared as soon as they started to threaten me. 

"Do you believe me, Miyoung?"