To love and make love

So Similar Yet so Different

"Hey have you eaten yet?" I said to myself as I walked out of my office. 
I shook my head in disagreement.

"Tiff. Get a hold. You can do it. Just talk casually."

"Tiffany? Who are you talking to? Are you okay?"

"No I'm not okay. I think my brain is going to explode, help me Sooyoung." I said as I slumped down the couch in front of her desk.

"You are planning this for 2 weeks already and you still don't know how you're going to do it?" She said, raising an eyebrow.

"Actually I wanted it to be memorable and perfect but whenever I was with her the only thing I wanted to say was 'I love you. Please be my girlfriend.' And this is so unromantic. Ugh." 

"Just do it as simple as you said. Invite her to something casual but cute though. Like go in the park when the sun sets and confess to her. Simple but romantic. There don't have to be firework, gifts, music or anything of that kind." 

"I already fail with the invitation Sooyoung-ah. I can't talk to her without telling her what my intentions are behind that." I sat up and rested my cheeks in my palms thinking about Sooyoung's idea. Sooyoung was really smart, she solved problems in an easy way. In contrast I thought about a solution so hard even if the solution is right in front of me. The thing with the sunset is really romantic but I possibly couldn't do that because it would be unoriginal and I wanted to do something that I alone came up with. 

-------
[Taeyeon]
2 weeks later. "Taeyeon who is that?"  She asked pointing to the other end of the bar counter. 

"He asked for my number." I answered as I hold in my laugh, wiping the counter. 

"Did you...?" 

"Yes, why not? he looked genuine and kind." Actually I didn't but I liked it to because she always said to me to watch out with whom I get involved with since I don't know what will happen. Especially when someone approached me with ual intentions but he just asked me for a close gay club so I wrote down the address for him. 

"hm...Taeyeon, when do you finish work ? Do you want to sleep over my place tonight?" 

"I just started my shift Fany. When I finish you're probably dead tired and drunk, so don't wait for me and go home when you feel like it. Are you okay?" 

"I just don't want to be alone tonight. I feel like going home when you finish." Tiffany aimlessly stirred in her cocktail with the straw and picked on the lemon slice. She looked sad and in not time my amusement turned to concern. 

"Did something happen? You look out of it." I waited for an answer but something different came in my mind that I spoke up again without thinking further about my first question. "What's with that girl you met last week? She looked nice." '..And like someone who wouldn't leave just like me.' It made me sad that she had someone else but at least someone was there for her. My sadness disappeared when Tiffany denied the second statement and told me that she broke up with her. 
"She was stupid and she only wanted and my money." 

"But is good, or not?"

"In a relationship I want to love and be loved and not make love. Well not that is a no-go for me but I mean I prefer to be loved 24/7 than make love 24/7." 

Before I could answer, a group of hormone-driven college boys were slamming the bar counter, howling like wolves. 

"Hey cutie! Get me 6 tequila shots and your number." One of them excitedly yelled. He looked confident and proud. I thought of him as the alpha of the pack who lead the group with self-sufficiency.

In annoyance I walked over to them and got 6 glasses out to fill them with tequila without saying anything. I also got a note out and scribbled something down. 

-

08205off088195 :) <3

-

I smiled at him and passed the shots with the note over the counter. He happily accepted it and looked at the piece of paper. His hope vanished in no time and was replaced by anger. 

"Are you kidding me!?" I startled when he suddenly hit his fist on the table. He was no longer the man that tried to impress his friends but the man whose pride was hurt. His fellow pack members were trying to calm him down but his fierce gaze was fixed at me as he struggled to get out of the hold of the others. When he punched his friend in the face still looking at me the others were backing up in fear. I already was afraid when he yelled at me but now I was even more frightened. He looked like he would jump over the counter any second so I backed up too. I wanted to ignore him and just continue my shift but his gaze was so intense that it kept me in place like an invisible leash. 

Seconds were passing staring at each other that i didn't noticied that Tiffany sat down beside him. Our stare battle between fear and anger was broken when she spoke. 

"Calm down tiger, you just qualified for a fight with her girlfriend." She said before gulping down the rest of the alcoholic beverage. 

"I'm not her-"

"Psh Baby..." She cut me off as she held one finger up high looking at the man that was almost going to kill me. 

"...do you really want to fight? I actually don't want to dirty my hands but for the sake of her I'm willing to get blood on my pretty and pale hands." She said observing her hands and brushing the knuckles. This was a new side of her. I knew that Tiffany was a really protective friend but...she just threatened him to beat him up bloodily! That was really going out of my expectations, I wanted to end it because according to her voice she meant what she said. Like she really meant it. But fortunately the scene was ended by the man himself. 

"H-Hwang g-group. C-CEO. Y-you are her g-girlfriend?" I saw him nudging in fear the waist of his friend next to him with his elbow. 

"No-" I said but was cut off by Tiffany again. 

"Yes so would you please... Never ever show up in front of us? You really are a nuisance to her don't you see it?" All six of them were taking a few steps behind starting to bow 90 degrees multiple times. 

"We are- I'm. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." 

"Don't apologize..." She oddly smiled at me and then to them.

"Please just go and the problem is solved okay?" All of them nodded in unison and turned around.

"Wait!" Tiffany stopped them. They turned to us again and she started to approach them. 

*slap* "Tiffany!"

As he began to get angry again his face turned red, but his clenching jaw and fists were telling me that he held it in and took the slap in as if he knew that he deserved it. He then left the night club in defeat with his pack. 

"you wouldn't have to slap him."

"yes, I would've. He needs *hiccup* to realize that he shouldn't treat someone like that and certainly not *hiccup* you."

"Why did you say that I'm your girlfriend?" Even though I liked it, I wanted to ask nevertheless.

"Just did it to provoke them...Can *hiccup* I drink these?" she drunken pointed at the tequila shots that were still not touched. 

"No no no no." Distracted from my own question I took the tray and placed it in the sink where she couldn't reach them. She pouted cutely and let her head fall on the counter with a big thump. I watched her and waited that she'll lift her head up again in pain but she didn't. 

"Oh my...Tiffany?" I tapped her shoulder but no response so I shook her head. 

"Uuuuggh?"

-------

"Lift your arms so I can change you into this Tiffany." I said as I held up her pajamas. She sat on the edge of her bed with half closed eyes not able to balance herself. I supported her on the shoulder and ordered her again to lift the arms. She was not really sane so I had to say things repeatedly. When she finally lifted her arms after the third time I started to undress her torso. 

It happened often that I had to bring her home because she recently began drink a lot so it became a routine to bring her home, change her cloth and hug her to sleep. Although I have been through this almost daily it made me exhausted once more. From time to time it got harder for me to behave myself. Whenever I undressed her I was mesmerized by her flawless skin. It was pale and smooth, tempting to touch it. Sometimes I even dared to graze my fingers over her skin - but only when she was drunk. I liked to touch the side of her neck down to the collarbone and again up. It was my favorite spot because every time I my finger up and down she showed a reaction by smiling and her skin shivered under my touch... In a good way of course. 

"How many times did I say not to drink so often Fany, huh?" I asked even though I knew she wouldn't respond. I put on her pajamas in silence before I put her in the bed. I just wanted to get a glass of water for me but when I took one step out I heard her whining. I turned around when I saw her with closed eyes patting the space next to her that was not occupied by me. I subconsciously smiled and watched her for a few seconds as I leaned against the doorframe crossing my arms. 

When she reached my coat that lay there she tightly hugged it and snuggled her head as close as possible. I forgot that I was thirsty and just went to the bed again. I wanted to get rid of the coat by slowly pulling it out of her arms but she held it even tighter now that someone - that someone who owned that coat - tried to take it from her. Tiffany was a very determined and stubborn person so there was no need to try it until I got it off her because it won't happen. I let it be and watched her peacefully breathing. It was hard not to do anything, her skin was like a bag of chips, first you eat a few but then you can't get your hands off before it's not empty and the same is true of her to me. First I started with a few gentle touches but now I 'grabbed' more and more. I got addicted to feel her under my touch. 

"Why do you get drunk so often recently?" I whispered as I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. 

"I'm worried miyoung-ah. Are you having a hard time? I want to help you but how can I help you when you obviously don't want me to know your problem?" I asked again knowing that she won't answer. Then I turned around to distract myself from thinking further about it. Fortunately it worked but just because I got tired and fell asleep.

___________________

(a/n) oooh taeyeon is so caring and thoughtful :((( taeyeon changed a lot throughout the story, what do you think about taeyeon and this chapter?