Nothing More than You

So Similar Yet so Different

"Let's be together for the rest of our lives. Let me be together with you until I die. I want to promise you my eternal love..."

"Taeyeon, I can't..." My smile vanished away along with all my feelings. I immediately felt the cold wind hitting against my face. Drops of sweat were running down my temple as well as I made the saliva run down my dry throat in a slow . Why did it take so long for answering? Why didn't she say anything after that? The silence of mere seconds felt like minutes, hours, days. The silence killed me from the inside starting from my heart. It started to beat harder and faster than usual, my limbs were kind of losing their strength, especially my arms felt like two heavy bags of rice. I tried to keep my eyes open but I couldn't help it but let them move closer to my lower eyelid.

I watched her staring at the ring. I found it weird that she looked at it because the ring wasn't really special, it had a jewel but a very small one and was made out of gold.

In addition to my heavy eyelids, my sight got blurry, my knee started to hurt and my arms couldn't keep up anymore. My insides were boiling. I wanted to die, I wanted to shut down and forget every feeling, memory and thought of this event. 

"Tae? Tae?!"
-

"TAEYEON! TAEYEON! Open your eyes, please!" I groaned and slowly opened my eyes, feeling a stinging pain on the left side of my hip. 

"Tae ... Finally. Why? Why did you faint?" Tiffany said as she hugged me tight. It took me a moment to answer her question for myself, so many things were going through my mind that it had to processed them one after another. I looked around and noticed that I didn't lie on the cold soil ground anymore but covered with a blanket on the mattress inside the van. As I slowly came back to me senses, Tiffany's warmth and her distinctive smell made it even harder to realize and accept that she rejected my proposal. But what was she even doing though? 

"The rest is already on their way here..." I bobbed up with some difficulties and leaned against the backside of the driver's seat, thinking about who she meant with 'the rest'. Then I remembered again that Yuri, Jessica, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were monitoring us from afar through several cameras which were set around us, in case something happened. I bent my legs and put my elbows on the knees, resting my forehead in the palms. 

"Are you okay, Taetae?" Tiffany sat in front of me and bent down to look at me. 

Why was she still calling me Taetae?  My dejected gaze met her worried eyes until I closed mine. Not even in a tenth of a second, I shoot up my eyelids up and widened my eyes when I noticed something sparkling on her hand. Her finger to be exact, her ring finger. I wasn't sure at first if I had seen it right but staring at it for a while I became aware that the ring, which I let craft only for her, was on her finger. 

Noticing that I stared at it, she lifted up her hand and turned the ring a few times from left to right before she spoke up again. 

"Does it look good on me?" She asked casually as if nothing happened. 

"Fany?" 

"I can't believe this is really happening." Tiffany brightly smiled at the ring and then at me. 

"Do you want to marry me?" Butterflies were in my stomach when she showed off her lovely crescents of happiness. It couldn't be less romantic that I, not fully by my senses, asked her in such state to marry me. The question was actually meant to make sure if I understood it right. The ring on her finger and what she said earlier didn't add up, leaving me in confusion. The confusion was soon replaced by enlightenment when she squealed in the highest pitch, making me almost deaf, as she hugged me tight. 

"Yes! Yes! Yes! I want to marry you!" She yelled in my ear. 

"Tiffany, it's night already, why are you being so loud?" I hugged her back and couldn't contain my excitement when the huge burden fell from my heart. 

"I won't be the only one who will be loud this night." I cupped her cheeks and was about to lock our hungry lips but 4 unwanted but expected people invaded our heated space, interrupting the moment of intimate togetherness. 

We just ended up with a short yet sensual smooch before Tiffany turned around to them as well as me who leaned to the side. 

"You are alive again." Yuri said. 

"I wasn't dead..." I blinked a few times at the latter and awaited an answer when she opened to say something but she was cut of by Tiffany's secretary.

"Are you hurt somewhere?" Sooyoung crawled inside and kneeled next to my soon-to-be wife. 

"My hip hurts." 

"Tiffany caught you when you fell to the side but your hip probably hit the ground." I smiled at Tiffany and intertwined our fingers, letting her feel the love I felt for her caring side.

"What ha- we- why did you faint?" Hyoyeon asked from the outside. 

"I want to know it too. Why did you faint, baby? Are you possibly sick?"

"I don't know, the last thing I remember is that Tiffany said 'Taeyeon, I can't...' And then, then everything went black."

"You told her you can't? So you are not...?" Jessica asked Tiffany with a frown on her face. 

In respond Tiffany held her hand up  as she moved it so that the moonlight could be reflected on the smooth surface of the diamond. 

"Oh my god! You! her! she said yes!" Sooyoung threw herself at me and slung her arms around my neck, almost choking me. 

"Congrats! We are invited, right? We will sit in the first row, right?" Since Sooyoung still hugged me tight I couldn't answer Hyoyeon's question. Luckily, Tiffany didn't really like it when other people were hugging or touching me for too long and too much, respectively, so she rescued me from the shikshin who was almost eating me up and scolded her. Even though she was our friend and Tiffany actually knew that she shouldn't be afraid of me leaving her for another person, it was unpreventable nonetheless.

"Soo! Whose wife will she be soon? Mine and not yours. You almost choked her, I might rethink to let you sit in the first row." Tiffany pushed Sooyoung aside and gained scared looks from all of us. Everyone was scared when the jealous Tiffany appeared. Despite being the one who was 'protected' by her, I felt as scared as them but dared to encounter her. 

"Fany, it's alright." I adjusted her bangs and then caressed her cheek, giving her a kind smile. 

"So everything is okay now? Shall we go back there?" 

"Well, someone has to do it right?" I answered, Yuri.

"There? Has to do what?" Tiffany asked flickering her eyes between our friends and me. The moment when she didn't look at me I shook my head slightly but stopped again when her gaze swayed back. 

"Let's go, guys." Leading the group, Yuri took her girlfriend's hand and intertwined their fingers. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon followed behind laughing at the girls at the front, making fun of them. They left me with my confused girlfriend so that I was obligated to answer her question ... Or not. Of course I did not answer her question since I wanted it to stay a surprise and thank god she stopped asking after the third time. My patience would've been exploded soon before my actual surprise but I was able to hold it because Tiffany wasn't actually a stubborn person after all. 

"I'm tired. Let's lie down." I pulled at the sweater which I forced her to wear earlier and laid down on the mattress. 

"Here." I said patting the space next to me as I provided my arm for her to rest on. 

"You are so warm." Tiffany snuggled closer and slipped her icy hand under my shirt. 

"You are so cold." I grabbed her leg and put it over me, rubbing the cold off. Tiffany felt cold, earlier the wind was hitting against her bare legs every now and then,  she didn't shiver at all. Earlier when she sat there I watched her and followed every movements she made but she didn't move a bit, indicating that she shivered of coldness. I was worried about her because she didn't even tell me that she was cold, I just gave her my sweater, that she really liked to wear, to at least feel less guilty of an unresponsible girlfriend. I couldn't possibly take of my trousers or else I would've gave them to her too. 

Tiffany insisted that she didn't mind the chilly weather but actually feeling her cold skin against my warm body proved it otherwise. 

I could feel her goosebumps on her legs and even little vibrations that I didn't see earlier. Her strong nature was still there like day 1.

-----
Flashback

"You are wearing this for the trip?!" When I came out of the bathroom, rubbing my hair, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My gaze immediately fixed at her bare legs and the skirt didn't even cover one third  of them which gave me the creeps. 

"Is something wrong with it?" Tiffany watched herself in the mirror as she straightened the little piece of clothes. My eyes widened as soon as I heard her question. Was she seriously asking that?

"Uh- I- you- HWANG! It's still winter and you are- ugh! You are going to change into something else! Now!" I stumped towards Tiffany and stopped right before her, eyeing her from head to toe. A huge whiff of her perfume hit against me that I already felt like floating in it, literally. My mind was going elsewhere when I invaded the smell which I loved the second best. Tiffany, my girlfriend, was self-evidently at the top. 

"Even though we are by ourselves, I want use my whole body to cover you." I tried to hold my composure as I tried to pull the skirt a little bit lower so that she can go out like that if she really wanted to. Tiffany was a grown up woman and I didn't want to interfere in her decisions but sometimes I felt like she really tried me and my patience. 

"But you like it, don't you?" My girlfriend said, slowly pulling me closer for a kiss.

"Well, *mhm* I would lie if say that I do not like it ... But *mmmhm*" 

"But what?" Tiffany smirked at me as my hands automatically wandered from her thigh up to her bare . 

"Don't tell me you haven't put on underwear yet..." I closed my eyes and tried to stay by my senses. Tiffany could be effortlessly y at times that I couldn't help it but gush over her. 

"What will happen if I didn't put something on?" Our foreheads leaned against each other, we hugged one another tight and locked eyes.

Both my hands were going down her thigh again so that I had the perfect grip to lift her up. 

Tiffany cupped my cheeks and crashed her lips into mine. Having a passionate kissing session, I held her against the wall and let my tongue enter the concave of hers. Following with uncovering our bodies, I brought her over the edge many times after that until she was sore  because of my numerous pumping of my fingers and the magic of my flexible and fast pink muscle. 

Eventually, I let her wear the skirt since I couldn't change her decision when I didn't bring up good reasons to justify my demand on the change of her clothes.

-----

"Why didn't you tell me you are cold? Why didn't you listen to me?" I kissed her temple and enjoyed the view in front of me. 

"Look! There are shooting stars! Make a wish!" 

"No matter how many shooting stars there are right now, my wish is already laying next to me. There is nothing else I wish for." I took her chin and lifted it. I stared at Tiffany and observed every facial feature of her. The brown eyes which sparkled and reflected the moonlight. Her orbs were so clear that I could see every shooting star passing by and small structures of clouds ... not just that though, I also saw how sincere she was. Tiffany was one of most beautiful people I knew. On the inside as well as outside. Through her eyes she could convey a lot of feelings you wouldn't just see in her body language or facial expression. A lot of people didn't know that you could find a trigger inside her eyes. Maybe it was just me but whenever she looked in my eyes I could feel her melt in an instant. Throwing away her strong aura and turning to a weakling right in front of me and just in front of me. 

"I love you, Miyoung and I'm happy that we will be-" 

"Wow! That's amazing!" She broke our intense stare and inverted her full attention towards the firework that finally went off. 

"Did you prepare this?" Tiffany looked up at me and tightened her grip around my waist. I nodded as answer and put a light kiss on the tip of her nose. 

Since it was night, the firework didn't last long but we, or at least Tiffany, enjoyed every second of it until it went off.

"I didn't expect you to do this." 

"To do what?" 

"All this. The trip, the firework and ... The proposal..." She started as I felt her hand moving beneath the blanket. 

"I didn't expect you to propose to me. You are not very good when it comes to keep secrets away from me ... I'm impressed that you managed it to keep such a big event by yourself. Now I understand what Jessica was telling me all the time..." 

"Dammit Jessica. I'll never tell her a secret again." I rolled my eyes and pulled Tiffany closer to me. 

"Well, maybe I didn't deserve all those rewards when I can't even get behind what she was saying." 

"You did deserve them. Just one thing does not change everything." 

"Do you think that the rest is already sleeping?" My girlfriend asked in curiosity.

"I don't know ... but we can just shut the door if you're thinking what I'm thinking." I smirked at her and let go in order to shut the door. 

"Uh it was so cold." Tiffany said.

"So you *mhm* are finally *mhm* admitting it?" I leaned towards Tiffany and gave her sweet but needy kisses all over her face. 

"Taetae, it tickles." My girlfriend giggled, trying to avoid my kisses on her neck as she lightly pushed me by my shoulders. 

"It will soon tickle somewhere else, baby," I seductively mumbled against her neck, immediately feeling her shiver. Inhaling the sweet scent which was sprayed on her neck, which I didn't like to taste actually - I slowly drowned in that addicting scent and even wanted to dive deeper. 

"Tae..." To my surprise, she called out for me in a tone I wouldn't expect in such intimate moment of ours. 

"Huh?" I propped up and supported my torso on the forearm, observing her not so amused looking mien. 

"What's wrong, Fany?" Tiffany brought up her hands from my chest and caressed my cheek after she brushed my hair out of my face. 

"I just wanted to cuddle with you. Nothing more. I like your kisses but now I just want you to be next to me." 

"Well, I can lie next to you when I-" 

"No, Taeyeon, let me be in your arms." Tiffany put her head in the crook of my arm, slipping her hand beneath my shirt again. 

"You are really cute ... Like a baby." I said as I gave her back a few . 

"I'm your baby." Tiffany cutely voiced out. Even though she was a little taller than me, she really was like a baby. Whenever Tiffany got tired her voice changed in an instant. It became more high pitched, not that annoying high pitch but the soothing one like a whining baby. Unlike trying to shut up an irritationg baby, I didn't want Tiffany to stop using that voice. I found it kind of cute and I felt like I had to protect a vulnerable and defenseless girl which craved for the love and warmth of her loved ones.

"Yeah, you are my baby." She automatically snuggled in the crook of my neck when I wrapped my arm around her waist and kissed my pulse point, making me shiver in the touch of her soft and luscious lips.

"I..." 

"Huh?" 

"I'm ... Really happy that-" Tiffany got more silent as the words left , she must've been really tired and now she even tried to get something out with the last strength she had.

"...I'll get to call you my fiancée" and then she immediately fell asleep so that I couldn't voice out my mind. 

"Sleep well, my fiancée." I whispered in her ear before I kissed her temple and drifted off to dream land by myself.