Not accepting

So Similar Yet so Different

"When will be your mother here?" 

"Why are you so nervous? it's not like we announce our engagement. Soon Fany, soon..."

"I don't know... Everything has to go well." 

"Let's take a break, baby. You are awake since dawn...You are way to stressed." Taeyeon took my hand and lead me to the couch. Once we were there we sat down and some music. I rested my head on her lap, listening to the soothing melody. 

"Close your eyes. Take a nap. I'll wake you up before my mother comes." I closed my eyes and soon drifted off to sleep.

------

"Wake up, Fany." Taeyeon whispered in my ear. I stirred up from my nap and stretched myself in her lap. With closed eyes I pursed my lips to indicate her to kiss me. She gave me a light peck but it was not enough for me so I searched for her face and once I found it I cupped her cheeks and pulled it down to me. 

"Fanyyiea stouap." She mumbled in between my passionate kiss. I gave her one last smooch and opened my eyes finally...just to see Mrs Kim smiling at me. I quickly got up, straightened my clothes and bowed. I bowed 90 degrees and apologized that I behaved like that in front of her. 

"Why didn't you wake me up before she came?" I whispered to Taeyeon as I nudged her waist with my elbow. 

"You wanted to sleep 5 minutes more, don't you remember?" I couldn't remember and quickly swayed my attention again to Taeyeon's mother. 

"So before my father comes we need to clear some things, Mrs Kim." I lead her to the fully laid dining table and started to speak as soon as we sat.

"We invited you to a special dinner at my place because we wanted to tell my father that we are together and we want you to act as if you don't know anything because my father would be sad if he knew that you knew that we are together. Act surprise, alright?" For a moment she looked happy but her delighted expression changed to a thoughtful one. 

"Call! This will add up to our promise." She winked at me and rubbed my hand. 

"What promise?" Taeyeon asked.

"Umm I will tell you another time, okay?" I kissed her cheek and smiled at Mrs Kim. 

*ring ding dong* "oh that must be my father, please excuse me." Walking to the door I took a quick look in the mirror and adjusted my tshirt before I opened the door. 

--

"This is really tasty Miyoung. Did you cook that?" 

"Yes, with a looooooot help of Taeyeon." 

"Oh yeah of course. How can I forget that? You can't cook." My father said. I felt a little bit hurt by his words. I was sure I improved in the last month, hearing him saying that made me feel not acknowledged. Or maybe I just thought I changed but it didn't really happen. 

Taeyeon beside me noticed my disappointment and reassured me as she openly rubbed my hand. I looked at her and smiled immediately. She was like a good luck charm to me and everything bad would vanish in just one second in which  I look at her. 

"Mh Taeyeon-ie what's with that Baekhyun guy?" He asked as he cut a piece of meat. He put it on Mrs Kim's plate and stared at my girlfriend afterwards. I was on the verge of tears, remembering back the pain he gave me, the numerous hits on my face and him saying "this is what you get when you hurt my Taeyeon-ie." The horrible memory flooded back in just a second even though I took a long time to repress it. 

I looked at Taeyeon and noticed that her hand tightly gripped the knife as if she tried hard not to stab my father. I coughed awkwardly and she immediately calmed down, more or less, before she answered.

"I broke up with him a long time ago." She didn't look at him and did the same what my father did just a moment ago. She angrily cut a piece of meat and put it on my plate. 

"Oh why? He is a nice guy, isn't he?" My father looked at Mrs Kim to search for her agreement but she didn't say anything instead she took a sip of water. 

"So do you think..." Taeyeon started as she took a tissue, dipping it in the glass of water. I knew what she wanted to do. I backed up a little and avoided the wet tissue. 

"No Taeyeon." I demanded but Taeyeon hooked my neck and pulled my over to her. I struggled to get out of her hold but she managed to wipe the makeup off  my eye.

"Do you think this would do a nice guy?" I closed my eyes to prevent myself from seeing their reactions but I shoot them open when I heard him hitting the table with a big thud.

"What is that, Miyoung? WHAT IS THAT I ASKED!!" 

"The nice guy beat up my girlfriend." Taeyeon said plainly not knowing what she just did. 

"What? I- you- what? First I have to learn that some bastard beat up my daughter and in the same time that my daughter is your girlfriend? This is really too much. Are you kidding me?" He said as he hit that table again. I startled and looked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon was shocked too at his sudden temper and didn't dare to speak further.

"Calm down please." Mrs Kim demanded. 

"Did you know about this? Did you? Why didn't you tell me?" 

"I- I didn't know this. This is the first time I hear that." Taeyeon's mother did like she was ordered from me to react but unfortunately I didn't allow to think of their long lasting friendship. 

"Why do you lie? I know when you are lying! I can't believe you dare to lie to me, do you think I'm that stupid!?" He almost yelled so we all kept out mouth shut. 

"Are you really kidding me? I'm so disappointed in you Miyoung. But in you and you too. I feel like a fool." He pointed at Taeyeon first who sat in front of him and then at Mrs Kim. 

"I don't approve you. When you couldn't protect my Miyoung then I'm assuming that you won't be able to do it in the future." He said cutting the meat again. The tears I tried to hold back were flowing now freely. I stood up from my seat and ran into my room like a teenager. 

"Tiffany!" I heard Taeyeon yelling before I shut my door. The thing I was most anxious about was my father not approving us and it just happened. All the time I had a little hope after he reacted so calmly about my feelings to Taeyeon that he will accept us but now I had to break up with her, leave her, leave the love of my life.

---

"Hey baby! It's just a dream! wake up!" I shoot my eyes open and saw Taeyeon leaning down. 

"You are so sweaty... What did you dream? I'm worried." She gently wiped my forehead with her sleeve and kissed the tip of my nose. My insides were boiling and I heavily breathed. 'It was just a dream.' I thought to myself. I was so relieved that it didn't really happen. My father didn't criticize my cooking, Taeyeon didn't wiped my eye, my father didn't lose it...and what was more important: my father didn't not approve us. I could finally breath up now. 

"I- I dreamt that my father did not approve us." I sat up and hugged her tightly. 

"I'm sure later he will. I mean he reacted positive to your feelings, don't you remember?" Taeyeon adjusted my hair and tucked a strand behind my ear. 

"I love you Taetae." I said snuggling in her neck. 

"I love you too. But now hurry, my mother will be there any second." We quickly got up and checked again the table , the food and our outfits. 

----

"So what did you want to tell me Miyoung?" My father asked. 

"Um, how do I begin?" I started and fidgeted my fingers in my lap. 

"I told you how I feel towards Taeyeon right?" I swayed my gaze to her and smiled when she smiled. He nodded and looked at Mrs Kim who smiled too.

"Haven't you seen my bracelet I'm wearing for the last months?" He shook his head, of course my father didn't because he doesn't pay attention to such small things and even if he noticed it, he wouldn't come up with the idea that the blue 'T' stands for Taeyeon. 

"Taeyeon has the same but in pink."   I took her hand and held it up so he could see the bracelet. His face said it all, he looked confused and needed some time to process in his brain what I meant so we waited a little bit but nothing came. I gave Mrs Kim a quick glance to help him.  Fortunately, she understood my sign and lend his thinking a hand.

"Do you mean you and Taeyeon are...a couple?" I had to admit that she makes a nice actress. Her facial expression was brilliant and the pause in between the sentence was a perfect match to make it more credible. Before she even ended her sentence I hastily nodded and intertwined my finger with Taeyeon's. 

"You said you are wearing the bracelet the last months already. Does this mean you didn't come together just now?" My father asked calmly. 

"Yes, Fany confessed to me 2 month ago." Taeyeon gripped my hand tighter because we both knew the moment we've waited for so long would arrive soon.

"She confessed to you?" We both nodded in unison and chuckled at each other. 

"You really like her, don't you?" Although Taeyeon knew about my feelings I shyly looked down and fidgeted with her fingers as I nodded again. 

"I love her appa, I really do." Answering him, I swayed my gaze to Taeyeon and stared at her. 

"What do you think?" My father asked Mrs Kim. 

"What what do you think? Isn't it obvious? As long as they are happy they can do whatever they want." 

"So you have no objection?" Mrs Kim hit his shoulder playfully and giggled.

"Look at them! Taeyeon and Miyoung are really cute together. Don't you think?" 

"Yeah I thought it already when I thought they were not a couple." 

"See? So let's celebrate." Taeyeon's mother said as she got the champagne bottle out of the bucket full of ice. We happily sipped on our glasses and talked...or more like I was the one who talked the whole time. I told them how I confessed to Taeyeon and stories what we experienced. Of course, I left the story with Baekhyun out. I didn't want to recall such dark memory for my but also Taeyeon's sake. Besides that my father would go berserk like in my dream and might change his mind. So I better shut my mouth about that. 

"Aren't you too old for that?" Mrs Kim asked us. I turned to Taeyeon to check if she was as confused as me... For a moment she was but then she giggled and put her hand in front of her face as if she was hiding her embarrassment. 

"What?" Mrs Kim tapped her shoulder but looked at mine so my I inverted my gaze there. 

"Um yeah kind of..." I said as I gave our parents an awkward but bright smile. The hickeys that I covered up by myself were very present and embarrassed me. As a result of my failed cover up we all laughed and made further jokes about it. I really felt like a family, it was great to eat and have fun with the people I loved at my home. 

----

"See? I said that he will accept us." I cleared up the dining table as Taeyeon began to wash the dishes. 

"You do know that we have a dish washer, right?" I said hugging her from behind. It was the first time after a while I gave her a back hug since I was always busy with work, besides that Taeyeon always gave me one to turn down my stress level. It really helped me a lot but my egoistic self just thought about myself and not Taeyeon who might be stressed as well. 

"Yes, I do know it but I like to do everything by myself... With my own hands, haven't I told you?" She ended the sentence rather alluring and lightly pushed her hip in my front. 

"You told me but it would save so much time and we could have more moments without any distraction." I put my hands under her shirt and rubbed her flat but muscular abdomen. I watched her putting the last plate in the dish drainer and drying her hands on the towel.

"It didn't take so long, why are you so impatient?" Taeyeon said as she turned around. She smiled at me,  squatted down a little bit before she  suddenly lifted me over her shoulder. I started to hit her and we both giggled as she carried  to the bedroom. Once we were there she gently threw me on the bed and tickled me. 

"Aaah stop it, Taetae!" I laughed, trying to hold her arms. But what was I thinking... when she was ten times stronger than me I had no choice but to endure it. 

"You are so cute, Fany." Taeyeon said as she threw herself next to me. When I turned to her I cupped her cheek and rubbed it with my thumb. We stared at each other for a while before I cuddled into her. 

"Can I come with you to hyo's?" 

"I don't know... I don't like it when somebody looks at you, taking off your clothes with their eyes." 

"Yeah just with their eyes however the only one who can see me for real are you. I'm only yours Taetae." I said as I tapped her chest with my index finger. Taeyeon doubtful thought about it but in the end she agreed and kissed me. 

"You are right. But if they touch you...I swear to god I won't hesitate to use my fists. So if you don't want anyone to get hurt pay attention! Alright?" 

"I like it when you are so possessive. It's hot." I trailed with my finger tips her collarbone as she hitched her breath, knowing what's going on inside her I started to leave wet kisses on her perfect defined jaw. Adding some to intensify the impact I gave her, she took my hand and lead it towards her south. When we reached the hem of her jeans I pulled back my hand and stopped the kissing.

"You are such a mood killer, Tiffany!" I sat up and giggled. 

"But still cute, right?" I put the back of my hands on my chin and wiggled with the fingers as i fluttered my lashes. 

"Smile again for me. I love seeing your eyesmile." Taeyeon seemed to have no weakness but as soon as she sees me smiling she melts like a scoop of sweet vanilla ice scream under the blazing sun. Since I was the only Stephanie Hwang Miyoung with such an eyesmile she knew, I felt special to be her soft spot. Also it showed me that she really loved me and cared about my wellbeing. 

"Do you want to choose my clothes for tonight? I want to wear something you like..." I said resting my chin on her chest.

"I like everything you wear but I'll do it nevertheless." After she kissed my forehead she jumped off the bed and immediately went to my changing room. 

---

"Are. You. Serious?" I looked at the clothes she chose and then at her. 

"What?" Taeyeon did that to 100% out of purpose so no one would want to talk to me. It was a mistake to give her such task.

"How can I wear sweatpants and a hoodie in a club?" 

"I thought I should choose something I like..." She said dissapointed. When I observed her a little bit more I caught the corners of her lips twitching upwards, trying hard not to laugh.

"I meant something appropriate for a club but okay... I'll wear this tonight and you won't see less than that for the next 7 days or .... you'll get something better and I'll rip that off as soon as we come home." I reached out for her waist and pulled her closer, blowing air against her neck and ear. 

"But...but I...noooooo!" She yanked herself away, quickly took the clothes and ran in the changing room. I chuckled and sat down on the edge of my bed, waiting for her to come out again. 

----

"Don't forget about what I said." Taeyeon turned off the engine and held up her fist as if she tried to threaten me. I laughed again and gave her a kiss. I opened the door but was stopped when she spoke up again.

"Fany?" I turned to her and waited for her to speak further as she adjusted my hair. 

"Huh?"

"You are so beautiful." Electric jolts were spreading through my whole body when she locked eyes with me. Her brown eyes were just as dark as a forest in the night...actually you wouldn't dare to go in such a dark place but Taeyeon's eyes made me go deeper and deeper not caring about the consequences and the hidden dangers that are awaiting. Her eyes were indeed like a scary forest but the more I went in I notice it's a fairy tail ... A beautiful fairy tail you don't need to be afraid of. 

"But not as beautiful as you." I looked further in her eyes but Taeyeon broke it when someone called her. 

"Hey." She smiled at her display for a moment so I wanted to check who it was but to my concern she answered the incoming call before I could even see the first letter.

"..."

"No, I'm not at home. What do you want oppa?" 'Oppa?' It must be Jiwoong, otherwise why would she smile when it was not me or her family who called?

"..."

"Oh you want to meet?"

"..."

"Let's do it another time... I- I can't right now." Why did she stutter? 

"..." Taeyeon smiled again and said her goodbyes before hanging up.

"Who was that? Jiwoong oppa?" I asked just to make sure if I was wrong or right. She shook her head and quickly put away her phone after she looked again at the display.

"Just a guy who is somehow interested in me but I told him already that I'm not." 

"What? Are you kidding me? You are smiling at your phone and it turned out to be a guy who is interested in you and you are still hanging out with him? Who is he? I will personally tell him to think before he is doing something what could hurt you, me or both of us..." 

"I'm just kidding, Fany. Yes, it was my brother. Why would I smile when it's not you...or my family who is calling?" Exactly what I was thinking. Taeyeon...Taeyeon you really did fool me. Time to payback now.

"Will he come too?" I said the most exciting I could be.

"Why? Why why?" I smirked at her and immediately got hit on my shoulder when she noticed what I was doing. 

"You are so mean. Come lets go in." 

"I'll stop being mean when you are going to stop loving me." 

__________________

(a/n) did i get you  with the dream? XDD