Where are we going?

So Similar Yet so Different

[Tiffany]
"Tae, hurry up!" 

"It's still early. Stop being so stressed." 

"You call afternoon early? I'm just too excited to meet your friends." I sat down next to Taeyeon and watched her eating a bowl of cereal. 

"I- uh- you don't have to worry." Taeyeon blinked a few times and glanced to the left while some milk spilled out of . I giggled and took a napkin when Taeyeon was about to wipe it away with her sleeve. 

"Tae, don't. Let me do it." Taking her chin, I turned her head and dabbed it with the napkin. 

She got back to her breakfast as I wiped away the little puddle of milk on the table. 

"Tae baby? I remember something again." 

"What is it?" 

"Siwon ... Choi Siwon, did you like him?" Being straightforward, I didn't want to waste time and prolong my actual point.

"Why? Why would you ask that?"

"Because you were very friendly with him." 

"I was just friendly because I am friendly." Taeyeon stirred a few times in her bowl and shoved the last pieces of lucky charms in that she found. 

"So friendly people wipe each other's faces even though there is nothing?" She chewed a few times and gulped it down with an audible sound, clearing at the same time.

"You remember that?" 

"Of course, I remember that." 

"Why would you still- so you liked me back then already?" My girlfriend smirked at me and rested her hand on my bare thigh. 

"Uh, oh, no, I was just worr-" 

"I knew it!" She got her phone out and started to text someone. 

"Tae, I'm confused." Right then, she put away her phone and explained it to me.

------
Flashback [TAEYEON]

"I'm bored. Siwon, do something." I said leaning against his desk. 

"Ouh, there is Ms. Hwang." Since I faced away the direction where he was looking at, I turned around for a moment and saw her walking in a natural y manner towards the coffee machine. 

"Didn't you say you like her?" Siwon asked out of the blue.

"Um ... I do like her. Who doesn't?" 

"I would love to fu- Taeyeon, she just looked at us." I glared at him until he swayed his gaze back to me. 

"Taeyeon, I mean like really liking her..." I thought about my feelings for Tiffany a little bit. Tiffany had something I hated about her but at the same time I was pulled in by her goddess-like aura. She was gracious and kind. Her body as well as her face made me dream about her every now and then. Especially her smile that took up her whole face. Her adorable yet y smile and the lovely crescents, that you could see whenever the corner of her lips moved upwards, were the most bewitching thing I've ever seen. Tiffany was the only star in my life that lightened up my plain dark sky. Thousand different stars could shine around Tiffany but my eyes would be still fixed at her.

"I have a boyfriend, Si-" 

"She glanced again to us. Let's try something ... Touch my face." I gave him a questioned expression and asked him why I would do that but soon I got behind his intentions when he rested his hand on my thigh, taking a few glances behind me. 

I chuckled at him and brought my hand up to graze my thumb over his lower lip, wiping nothing than air away. 

"Ms. Hwang saw it and she didn't look so amused." 

"Siwon, maybe it's because I'm hanging out with you instead of working." 

"But maybe it's because she likes you too." He smirked as I pushed his hand off me.

"I still have a boyfriend..."

"Even if you have a boyfriend doesn't mean you love him."

"That's ridiculous. I would break up if I don't love him."

"And why did you just play along? You knew what I wanted to do and apparently you wanted the same." Siwon was smart, I didn't know what to answer anymore and ended up stuttering. 

"S-so Wh-what? What if we like each other?" 

"Hm, it's possible that she was jealous because of you. I mean look at me, who wouldn't want to touch me like you just did." Siwon opened his desk's drawer and took out a hand mirror, adjusting his hair. 

"She would rather take me than you."

"I can make girls turn straight, you know." I laughed at him and sarcastically nodded. 

"I bet she likes me and not you, Taeyeon." 

"I bet she does not." We both turned around at the same time but met an empty spot where Tiffany just stood moments ago. 

"Someone wants to run away from my irresistible aura." As he smirked at Tiffany's office. 

"That would be me. I want to run away from your unavoidable annoying aura that everyone falls for." I got off his desk and flicked my fingers on his forehead before I left, leaving him in pain. 

-----
[TIFFANY]

"Wasn't it obvious that you were more likely to be right? I mean you are a girl and I like girls and you are Taetae. My Taetae." I put a kiss on her cheek and got up to bring her empty bowl away. 

"I know, right? I'm still confused about what he thought when he said that." 

"So ... Um ... Did you like me back then? When you were in a relationship with him?" 

"Why do you want to know that?" Taeyeon suspiciously asked as she got up from her seat. I turned back to the cup of hot chocolate I was stirring and put whipped cream on top of it afterwards. 

"Here..." I said, giving her the warm cup. 

"... Hm never mind. You are too cute with that cream mustache." Cupping her cheeks, I brought her closer to me and kissed away the sweet white substance. 

"Let's go. The car is waiting." Taeyeon said as she looked at her phone. 

Since we were already dressed, Taeyeon gulped down the rest of her warm chocolate while I went to the bedroom to get our coats. 

Coming back with them, Taeyeon was about to slip in her shoes, putting mine out. 

Taeyeon put her coat on as fast as a turtle takes for one step so I told her to be faster since I didn't want her friends to wait for so long and leave a bad first impression but she didn't move faster nor slower. 

-

"Do I look alright? Can I show up like this?" I asked Taeyeon as I held her hand. 

"Uh you have there something." I leaned forward so that she could wipe it away. Waiting for her, I looked outside and look for a car in front of the building with other people in it but no other car was there besides a magenta colored van.

"Me." Taeyeon said right before pecking my lips wherefore I giggled and hit her shoulder. 

-----
Flashback [TAEYEON]

"I'm so excited. I'm so excited." 

"Calm down. You are way more excited than me." I the tip of my middle finger and turned to the next page of the magazine I was reading. 

"Aren't you excited? Jessica is probably waiting for me to propose to her and yet Tiffany doesn't have an idea at all. I'm so happy for you two." My friends were really stressed about the whole proposing thing but somehow I didn't feel nervous at all. I had everthing under control, nothing would go wrong with my managment skills. Calmness was what you need in order to have a successful planing process.

"What makes you so sure that she'll say yes?" I asked her in the most casual way.

"Do you seriously think that she won't?" 

"The possibility is there." Yuri quietly sat in front of me and pushed the magazine down. 

"Then why do you even decide to propose?" I lifted the magazine up again in sync with Yuri's raising eyebrow.

"Because I love her and I want to spend my whole life with her." 

"And what happens if she says no?" Judging from the tone of her voice, it didn't go unnoticed that she was worried. She must be worried that Tiffany won't accept my propose and come back with a broken up relationship but to my luck I was quite sure about her answer. She did a lot of references and hints on our future life together such as finally moving in together, that I won't have an apartment anymore and that we will get another dog ... for me and Prince. So that wasn't the biggest problem I had. Since Yuri mentioned it, it kind of made me insecure and question if my senses did pranks on me.

"I don't know what happens if she says no."

-----

"Hello, Ms. Kim and Ms. Hwang." An unfamiliar guy in a nice black suit and shiny shoes came in to me surprise and bowed to us. He didn't even wait for our greeting and asked Taeyeon for the bags in her left hand. 

"Thank you. Let's- ugh- go." She suddenly lifted me up as a surprised squeak left my mouth. 

"You gained weight, didn't you?" Laughing at me mischievously, I hit her shoulder the 6th time since we woke up while she made her way to the Van ... an empty van? 

"Tae, where are your friends?" She let me down and didn't answer, pushing me to the passenger seat. 

"The key is already in. You can go now. Have a safe trip Ms. Kim and Ms. Hwang." The guy in the nice attire winked at me and hugged Taeyeon as if they were close even though he addressed her by the last name. 

I wasn't jealous at first but when I watched them hugging each other a little too long for my liking and rubbing their backs in long and slow , I couldn't help it but clear my throat in which Taeyeon let go of him and nodded. He must've said something to her and I was curious what it was but my attention swayed away from that thought when Jessica called me. 

"Hey, what's up?" I said in English. 

"I'm outside with Yuri..." 

"That would surprise me if not.." I cut her off and smiled by myself.

"What are you up to?" She asked.

"Guess what ... I'm with Tae. We are on our way to wherever we are going." 

"Ah right, her friends?" Jessica oddly emphasized the word 'friends' and asked what I was thinking about meeting them.

"I'm excited, I guess." 

"Yeah, you should be really excited ... I mean ... Um, because you are going to meet her friends." Despite not knowing what expression she did, Jessica nervously made a pause in between the sentence so I assumed that she thought about something, especially because she stuttered a lot.

"I- uh- we have to go now, Tiff. See you- I mean talk to you later, alright?" 

"Yeah, I guess. Bye." I hung up and looked to the side where Taeyeon was already seated, still confused about the conversation I just had with Jessica and her friends who didn't pick us up.

-----
Flashback [TAEYEON] 

I packed some things in a bag for the trip as I called Tiffany's secretary. It didn't take long until Sooyoung answered me just as fast as she cut me off.

"Hey, what-" 

"TAEYEON, WHY ARE YOU SO CALM?! I'm so stressed right now and I'm not even the one who spontaneously decided to propose!" 

"Anyway have you spoken to the owner of the field? Am I allowed do it?" 

"Let me breath for a moment. First I have to swallow how calm you are." After a little break Sooyoung spoke up again. 

"So yeah, I got the permission. You can do whatever you want unless it's destroying." 

"I have everything under control, don't worry. With you guys I wouldn't handle it so well."

"You must be really grateful because I've never seen you this relaxed before." 

-----

"Who was that?" Taeyeon asked as she fastened her seat belt. 

"Jessica ... She was weird." Looking at my display, I tried to get behind that but nothing came into my mind. 

"Buckle on the seat belt, we are going to drive a long time." I wasn't the biggest fan of wearing seat belts. I felt cramped and I couldn't freely move without unbuckling it. Moreover, Taeyeon is a quite safe driver unlike me. Whenever she was driving I didn't have to worry that we would get into a car accident so I never did it since we were just driving through Seoul.

"I don't want to touch more than I already did." I said, teasing her. 

"Very funny." Taeyeon leaned towards me and reached her hand out to get the seat belt on my right hand side. 

Since she was very close to my face I wanted to kiss her but she avoided me and said that I deserved it for making fun of her. 

"But, but Taetae." I pouted my lip as much as possible and wiggled my shoulders from left to right.

"You are really cute today. A little too cute as usual." Taeyeon said before she kissed my cheek. 

"Only for you, my love." I smiled at her as she started the engine. 

"Why did Jessica call you?" 

"I don't know. She told me that I should be excited to meet your friends who actually supposed to pick us up, Taeyeon, where are your friends?" She glanced at me and rested her hand on my thigh. 

"Um..." Taeyeon started, clearing .

"So I..." Again, she slightly coughed and closed the doors.

"Tae?" I suspiciously asked. 

"My friends didn't want to meet me." 

"So they canceled the meeting?" As she rubbed my thigh up and down, my confusion still remained since I didn't know what her point was but Taeyeon seemed to be uncomfortable about telling me so I put my hand on hers and intertwined my fingers. 

She must be nervous about that because I felt that her palm was rather sweaty and I didn't think it was due to the natural warming which came into being by our skin contact. 

"Taeyeon?" 

-----
Flashback [TAEYEON]

"Huh?" I shoot my head up when Jessica snapped her fingers in front of my face. 

"There is no time to space out. Let's get started. Have you bought the ring yet?" I nodded and took the box with the ring inside out of my pocket. 

"Rent the car?" I nodded again and rummaged in my chest pocket for the keys, putting them on the table. 

"Okay! I spoke to Jinho and he'll do it. He'll wait for you at the car in front of the building and he'll wait again there. Yuri did the entertainment part and Sooyoung got the permi- DID YOU GET THE PERMISSION FROM YOUR PARENTS?" 

"Why are you yelling, Sica? Yes, I did. It went better than I thought. They were really-" 

"Less story time and more planning time!"

-----

"You won't be mad when I tell you, alright?" 

"Just spill it, Taetae." 

"And you won't escape." My girlfriend gave me worried eyes and exhaled deeply before she finally started to tell me what she meant. 

"You lied to me, didn't you?" Right then, every puzzle piece fitted with one another, Taeyeon's nervousness, her sweaty hands and the several glances in different directions, avoiding my eyes. These were the signs whenever Taeyeon confessed something bad and most times it was because she lied to me so I assumed she lied again. 

"Taeyeon how often did I tell you just to tell me if you lied? I prefer it that way when you tell me right away, or it would be even better if you just tell me the truth. Why Taeyeon?" I let go of her hand and turned away from her, looking out of the window.

"Because, because I- you were beyond my control, I lied so that you will stop. Fany baby, please." 

"..." I didn't answer but when Taeyeon tried to intertwine her fingers with mine, I let her. 

I got used to her behavior that she lied every now and then but the fact that she didn't tell me sooner when she joked, knowing that I often took it literally made me a little more mad than I wanted to be even though I was a person who could manage her temper well but as time passed by she didn't really listen to me and my wants. 

"But eventually we make a trip, Fany. Just the two of us is better than having other people around who you don't even know, right? Aside from the fact that you actually know all my friends." I hummed in respond as my fixed gaze looked at the beautiful scenery. 

"I knew you would like it." Taeyeon said as she lightly squeezed my hand. 

"What?" I asked. 

"The landscape." Looking on the road, she gave me a sweet smile and rubbed our locked hands on my bare thigh. 

"What are you doing?" Taeyeon suddenly turned down the speed and drove to the side in the middle of the highway. 

"Let me get a blanket. You're freezing and my hands aren't big enough to cover your bare legs..." Since we had a van, Taeyeon just had to get up and walk to the back of the car to get something. Oddly enough, the driver's and passenger's section was separated from the back part with a black blanket so that I couldn't see what was behind it. When I tried to take a peek, right then Taeyeon came back, blocking my view. 

"What's behind that?" I asked as I pointed at the black blanket. 

"There are our things, what else would there be?" 

"Right but why didn't you just buy a van that has a door instead of - uh - this?" Taeyeon unfolded the blanket, her favorite blanket with the paws on it and in the color she actually hated, and put it on my legs. 

"So first, I rented it and second, it was cheap but still decent." 

"Why didn't you just take my card?" Taeyeon kissed my cheek before she sat back in her driver's seat.

"I probably have more money than you on the card because you are throwing your money around like pieces of bread at birds." 

"Why didn't you just buy it when you can afford it."

"Unlike you I save up my money. For our future life, you know? Imagine the Hwang groups' go bankrupt and I would be financially stable to keep our luxury life which you are enjoying too much right know."

"This won't happen to my company. Have you seen my degree? And the awards I got when I graduated from the university?" 

"I saw them at the wall when we had on the office's table." 

"Impressive, huh?" Tiffany proudly asked.

"That we managed it to have on the table without breaking anything?" 

"That too but I meant the awards." 

"Yup, you are really impressive, babe." 

"You are sweet, Taetae." Taeyeon was about to take my hand but I pushed it back to the wheel and told her to hold it with both since we were on the highway and she should concentrate before we get into an car accident.

"I couldn't concentrate starting from the point when a really amazing woman sat beside me." 

"Tell me about her." I smirked and waited for her answer. 

"She is my gorgeous girlfriend who I really love. She makes me laugh with the most simplest things. Whether it's her clumsiness or the way she looks at me or... Or her smile! Her smile is just, just captivating ... And the world automatically becomes a better place whenever she smiles. It gives me a lot of strength..." Listening to her sweet words I've never heard made my heart skip a beat several times that I was on the brink to get a heart attack. Even though I knew about Taeyeon's honest feelings towards me, it was something different to hear it all at once. The feelings were gushing through my whole body but the only thing I could do was sitting there and attentively listen to her angelic voice. 

"...her smile makes me fall in love with her again and again. The most amazing thing about her is that she is really caring and does think about the people she loves even though she looks like she doesn't. She is smart and funny too. Not many people can see this side of her. I wished more people would know and see what beautiful personality hides behind her also beautiful facade. But at the same time I'm glad that I'm one of the few who can actually see it. Especially since I'm her girlfriend. I'm Hwang Miyoung's girlfriend." She faced me fo a short time and smiled before she looked back to the road. 

"Impressive, huh?" Taeyeon glanced at me again and grinned.

"You are really impressive, Taetae. I love you, my princess." Feeling my cheeks getting heated, I looked away in order to hide my blushed face. 

"After all these months you still get shy? I'm disappointed, Stephanie Hwang, you are blushing even with your level of confidence?" 

"it always happens when I'm with you. You should feel special." 

"I do feel special, Fany." 

"Where are we actually going?" Remebering that I didn't know where we were going, I finally asked after 30 minutes of driving on the highway. But her answer didn't help my lack of knowledge but raised my curiosity when she told me that I must not know about the destination. 

"It's a surprise."

"I'm bored. I'm sure we would be there already if we took the helicopter." I sighed and made out various shapes of the clouds. 

"Don't you enjoy it to have a long drive with me in a small space, knowing that YulSic won't come in any minute?" 

"I do enjoy it. Just to be with you in silence makes me enjoy it but you can't do more than talking and holding my hand because you are driving." 

"Are you sure?" I swayed my gaze to Taeyeon whose hand slipped under the blanket, resting it in between my thighs right before my crotch. To her displeasure I took it away since Taeyeon was kind of distracted and intertwined our fingers instead. She didn't say anything after that because she probably noticed that I got tired. And thank god I got tired! I didn't really know when we would arrive, all I knew was in what direction we were driving but still no idea about the exact destination so sleeping was the right thing to avoid boredom and my curiosity.

I rested my head on the seat belt and watched the cars that were coming along in a very high speed. My eyelids got more heavier and fell a little deeper every time a car passed by. Even though it was very loud, my eyes shut and it felt like a tenth of a second until I went to dream land.