Reunion

So Similar Yet so Different

Day 2 at Yoona's apartment. 

"My girlfriend will pick me up in a few...oh I'm sorry." Girlfriend. The word let me remind once more about Tiffany. I told Yoona about my girlfriend but didn't say the name, just in case something will happen if I did.

"Taeyeon, don't you want to get up and go out with us? You are laying in the bed since we entered my apartment." I turned myself to face the wall in disagreement.

"*sigh* okay, call m-"

", my phone." I instantly stood up and took my keys. I ran as fast as possible up the stairway to my apartment in pjs and slippers. I totally forgot that I threw my phone in the bin and that I had a family who regularly contacted me.

'I'm so dumb.' I suppressed my feelings regarding to Tiffany that I forgot my life before I got closer to Yoona. We didn't even know each other longer than a week but it felt like we are friends since toddler age. Somehow she knew what to do to cheer me up, her life was very interesting in contrast to mine. Yoona told me a lot of things that happened and mostly it was about her girlfriend. I knew about their relationship from the first meeting until now. It was as if I experienced it by myself, so much did Yoona tell me. Seohyun - Yoona's lover - seemed to be a nice person too so I would've been eager to meet her and make an new acquaintance but unfortunately I was not in the mood because I was dead inside and just wanted to see, hear and feel Tiffany.

I fidgeted to find the right key and put it in the hole as soon as I had it between my fingers. I opened the door and was immediately overwhelmed by an odd smell. Burned vegetables mixed with- 

"Tiffany."

"Tae. Finally." Tiffany had on my slipper I gave her when she stepped in the pile of glasses. Her clothes were stained with different liquids so I assumed that she didn't washed herself too. And her hair...it was shaggy and messy. 

I didn't know what to feel, happy? Confused? Relieved? Helpless? She came closer but I took a step back and signaled her with my hands to not come closer. The closer she came the more I could smell the alcohol. She was drunk. Drunk in the morning. I took a look in the living room and saw about 15 - empty - bottles of alcohol spread on the floor reflecting sunlight that shone through a little gap. Not only in the living room but the whole apartment was dark since the curtains were all closed and no light was switched on. 

"What are you doing here?" Again she came closer what made me take a step backwards. I craved for her warmth, her touch, the feeling of her soft brown hair between my fingers but here I was standing not able to let her be close to me and take her in my embrace to satisfy my needs. 

Suddenly Tiffany clung onto me and hugged me tight. I wanted to bring my arms up to respond to her love but I just couldn't. She broke our hug and looked at me hurt. 

"Why *hiccup* do you smell like another woman?" Tiffany asked before she broke down in tears. It broke my heart to see her like this. I felt how much she regretted throwing me out of her apartment on Christmas Eve. But in addition it made my heart flutter again to hear that she obviously was jealous. Did Tiffany still care about me? Did she still love me? of course she must have feelings for me unless she just used me however I could exclude this option since I didn't have anything that can be used besides my cooking but it's not like she had no money to go eat outside or order something. After that incident I questioned our whole relationship, what was real? What was fake? 

"Are you okay?" I looked to the front door and saw Yoona looking down to Tiffany. 

"Is that...?" I nodded and witnessed how her eyes widened because the fabulous and goddess like Stephanie Hwang, CEO of Hwang groups sat on my floor and cried. Yoona closed the door I had left open and walked over to me. 

"What happened?" She asked.

"I- I don't know. I don't know what I've done." Tiffany looked up and wiped her tears away. Her face looked neither amused nor sad... Rather angry I thought. She gripped the edge of the table and helped herself up. 

*slap* "Tiffany!" The drunkard  slapped Yoona on the cheek without a valid reason...wait, Tiffany must think that I cheated on her with Yoona since I smelled like her.  My girlfriend was on the brink of attacking her so I pushed her back. 

"I'm sorry, Yoona." I said to her as I held Tiffany.

"Does she think...?" Yoona laughed out loud while I struggled to keep my girlfriend back. 

"Apologize Tiffany!" I demanded. 

"Why would I apologize to that ?" 

"Yoona didn't do anything, what is wrong with you?" 

"That seduced you and you slept with her, right? That's her clothes and her smell you have on, right?" I looked at Yoona and gave her an intense glance, indicating her to help me.

"Ms. Hwang I have a girlfriend I'm very happy with and I didn't seduce your girl either. You are the one who hurt her and I'm the one who helped her. Of course not in a ual way." Tiffany broke down in tears again and held my hand with both of hers.

"I'm sorry Taeyeon. I'm so sorry. I regret that I let you go. Please forgive me. I always see you in my dreams and it kills me from the inside that you are not sleeping beside me. Does it kill you like it kills me? I'm sorry, Taetae. I miss you. Please come back. I love you. Do you still love me?" This was the first time that Tiffany said 'I love you' it wasn't the most beautiful moment to say it but it was sweet what she said. It must hurt her a lot what she did. In the same time it hurt me reminiscing again when she said 'get out' I couldn't forget how cold she demanded me to leave and that she didn't want me.

"I overreacted because I was worried about our parents and I would've needed less effort to convince them that I'm a good person if I had known that your mother knew it already. I'm sorry." 

"Tiffany you hurt me. Why don't you think before you say something? I'm not sure..." Now she kneed in front of me and intertwined her hands together. Begging for my forgiveness, I felt pity and Yoona obviously too when she nudged my waist. 

"Tiffany stop." Yoona and I took one arm and lifted her up. 

"Do you forgive me? Do you?" She sobbed and limped with us to the couch. I kicked the bottles away and cleared the couch from the numerous bags of chips. 

"Oh my... Her forehead is burning and what is that..?" Yoona opened a little bit the curtains to widen the gap and let fall more light in the room. 

"Her face is...?!" Tiffany's eye was bruised purple as well as her cheek. Her lip was split open and a blood stain dried on her chin. I wanted to treat her wounds but I remembered that Tiffany and I treated each other so often that my first aid box was empty. I told Yoona to get the one from her apartment and she did as I said. In the meantime I got a bucket of hot water and a towel. When I came back, Yoona was there and unpacked the necessary things to treat wounds: sanitizer, band-aids, and cotton pads. 

"I have to go, seohyun just came. Take care and I hope everything will go well with you two. Bye." Yoona left before she patted my shoulder. 

"Tiffany... What happened?" I was worried to death. Was she beaten up  on the way to my apartment..ah now that I remember, how did she even come in? The door didn't looked damaged so she didn't broke in and but there was no way to enter my home without a key. I thought about it a moment but this wasn't my biggest problem so I inverted my attention again to Tiffany.

Before I began to treat her I quickly got my phone wherefore I came up here. I turned it on and got 85 missed calls and 18 messages. All of them from Yuri and Jessica saying something like 'please come home!', 'something happened to Tiffany', 'Tiffany disappeared', 'where are you?' 

I immediately dialed Yuri's number and after one beep she answered my call.

-

Yuri: WHERE THE ARE YOU KIM TAEYEON?!?!

Tae: I'm at home with-

Yuri: WHY ARE YOU SO CALM? DID YOU READ MY MESSAGES? TIFFANY IS MISSING SINCE THE DAY YOU LEFT. AND WHY DID YOU LEAVE? YOU HAVE A LOT TO EXPLAIN.  

Tae: I'm calmed, more or less, because Tiffany was in my apartment the whole time. I wasn't there but she was. Please come here it's important.

Yuri: my goodness, I am relieved! Please message me your address and I will be there in a few with Sica. 

-

In the time as I called Yuri Tiffany fell asleep with my giant dookong in her arms. I had to wait a little until she deeply slept to get it off her. But then I took the towel and dipped it in the warm water. I gently dabbed her face and wiped away the blood. Her face was so swollen... I wasn't sure if it came from crying or because she was beaten up. A tear left my eye and rolled down my cheek. To see Tiffany in pain is the last thing I wish to happen equal to my mother's death. Why does such things always happen to her? First the kidnap and now this. I didn't want to imagine what will occur next, maybe someone will stab her or she will be for real. 

I was angry, mad and hurt at the same time because of what Tiffany did but as soon as I saw her in that vulnerable state of mind I couldn't resist and forgive her. She needed me right now so I had to forget everything what I felt the last 48 hours. Tiffany was someone who could change my mood in just one second. Wether it's from sad to happy or happy to sad everything was possible with her ability to make people cry, laugh, silent or scream(A/n: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  .

*ring ding dong* I dipped the towel again in the water and wrenched it to place it on Tiffany's forehead. After that I walked to the door and opened it for YulSic.

"Where is she?" Yuri asked worried with Jessica on her hand. I signaled them to be quiet and lead them to the living room. 

"Why didn't you pick up your phone earlier?" Jessica whispered. 

"I've met a girl and I stayed at her place while my phone was turned off in the bin."

"Huh? As soon as you left you found someone else?" YulSic frowned and waited eagerly for an answer.

"No! Not in that way...anyway, when I wanted to get my phone I found her here, drunk burning food and sick." 

"Sick?" Jessica kneed next to Tiffany, lifted the towel and felt her forehead.

"Oh my... She is burning." Jessica wrenched it again with water and put it down. I nodded worriedly. 

"Why is it so dark in here? Let's -" Yuri wanted to open the curtains but I stopped her when light fell on Tiffany's face.

". We didn't tell you what happened, am I right?"