Maze of Horror

So Similar Yet so Different

[TAEYEON]

"Uuggghh" I wanted to stretch my body but something prenvented me to do so. I slowly gained consciousness when I felt a hairy ball laying on my half exposed stomach. "Prince." 

"Get off me." he jumped off and quickly ran in one of the numerous rooms. Rubbing my sleepy and puffy eyes I remembered how I started to cry in front of Tiffany. 'Omg I'm still here. Baekhyun is going to kill me.' I gathered my things and planned to flee when a familiar angelic voice stopped me. 

"Oh you are awake. Do you want to go already? I made breakfast." 

"No thanks, why didn't you wake me up I slept like...." I looked at the clock and did some calculating. "... 15 hours?" I continued. This was really odd. The last weeks I just slept 4 to 6 hours, even on weekends! how is it possible that I suddenly slept 15 hours?
She just ignored my question and persuaded me to eat her food.

"Oh come on, this time I did my best to not 'poison' you" she air quoted me. As she told me that she shoot me her sweet eyesmile while she zipped up her dress before I could see anything under her cloth 'oh dear lord.' She really knew how to sway me with that body of hers. The sweat was almost dripping so I quickly whipped it away, acting like I would tie me a ponytail.

I examined the things she cooked. Scrambled eggs, bacon and pancakes, typical American breakfast. Does she remember again? I didn't even know why she forgot us. Our friendship. Our time together in the past....me

When I first saw her last year again, I couldn't believe my eyes. A cute, lovely and caring caterpillar transformed into a smug, conceited and selfish butterfly. I really hated her at that time, but mr. Hwang recognized me in the application - I didn't know it was their company - He immediately hired me he told me. I didn't want to turn him off so I had no choice other than working there since I really needed the money what was paid very generous.

I grabbed the fork and began to pick in the scrambled eggs, still hesitating if I should eat or not. I slowly led the fork in my mouth and chewed slowly as well, expecting my tastebuds to go wild. 
And they really gone crazy but in the most positive sense. That was really tasty so I also tried the pancakes and the bacon. I turned to the expectant girl next to me and looked at her in disbelief. How can someone who couldn't even properly fry rice a week ago, now, cook like a 5 stars chef. I munched the food in my mouth, savoring the taste and gulping it down before I said to her: 

"You didn't cook that, didn't you?" 

"I had a little little little help from someone." 

"Just say that you didn't cook the whole thing. It's alright." 

"Okay yeah I didn't...but I cracked the eggs." I chuckled at her because it was different from what I expected from her. Stephanie Hwang actually made an effort and it's not for her benefit. It's no longer Stephanie hwang miyoung but just Tiffany hwang.

"Thanks anyway." I said shoving the rest of the pancakes in my mouth. She didn't say anything so I looked at her and met again that lovingly crescents in that beautiful face of hers. I broke out of my daydreaming when I remembered that I didn't come home, letting baekhyun wait. On cue Tiffany said to me:

"I sent him a message that you were sleeping here." I watched her slipping in the heels she got out from the room where I put my shoes last night, not knowing what to answer. But it was obvious that she was going out while I still sat there in pjs. 

"Where are yo- WHY DO I HAVE PJS ON??" 

"I changed you of course, you looked uncomfortable so one thing led to another." She looked in the mirror, straightened her dress and put on a coat. 

This conversation was like a deja vu and brought me back to when I had to bring her home. 'So this is how she felt when she thought I had seen her .'

"I'll be away for 1 or 2 hours. Just stay here. I already resolved the problem with your boyfriend so don't worry." She took her bag and checked herself in the mirror the last time. Opening the door I yelled "IMPRISONMENT TIFFANY IMPRISONMENT I SAID!!" But she slyly looked at me and responded:
"No witness, no crime and you, Kim Taeyeon, are doing this by choice, you can run away and fight me anytime but you don't." Then she winked at me and closed the door. The last noises I heard where the keys locking the door and her heels clicking while she stepped down the stairs.

I just sat there not knowing what to do since it was my second time here. The second time and alone. I felt like a student on the second day of elementary school. I thought that she must be trusting me that she just went out leaving a stranger, more or less, behind in her apartment.

In the meantime waiting for her I played with prince, looked numerous times in the empty fridge and observed the pictures of her and several people 'probably her friends' that were hanging in the whole apartment. One of the pictures gained my attention. It was a class picture of the 3rd grade. I remembered that it was our last picture together before we separated. We were standing in the 1st row hugging each other tightly and smiling not knowing that it would be our last time being so close together. 
When a tear escaped my eye I heard the lock of the door. I quickly wiped it away and ran to the couch and opening the magazine that was laying on the desk.

"Hey I'm back." 

"Yeah I heard, I have ears." 

"You have ears but no eyes, huh? You are holding the magazine wrong." I looked at the picture in front of me and realized that it was upside down. In embarrassment I let my head hung low. 

"Still tired?" I shook my head what she didn't see...fortunately.

"You can sleep in my bed if you want." 

"Oooh yeah I'm tired but I would like to go home and sleep there. The only problem was you ... who locked me in here preventing me from escaping."

"I know you like it here. You are always welcome. Let me change into something else so I can drive you home." She went in the shoe room and took mine out and comfortable ones for her. After that she started to pull the zipper of her dress down before she entered her room. I watched every step of her until she disappeared out of my sight. 

I wanted to go to the bathroom to refresh myself but I had to go to the one in Tiffany's room because the other one had a leak. I quietly opened the door when I got a glimpse of her before she put on a bra and an oversized t-shirt that she tucked in her skinny jeans in the front. I gulped down and clenched my jaw to behave myself. 

"I have a nice back huh?" In surprise I swung the door open and noticed that she could see me in the reflection of the window. 

"I-I ummmm yess um nooo... I just..."

"Don't answer, it was a rhetorical question. I know that I have a nice body." I saw her smirking at me over the reflection. I stepped in and made my way to the toilet.
-----
"Let's go I'm ready." I said slipping in my shoes. 

"Finally." She stood up with an annoyed face, rolling her eyes. 

"You don't need to bring me home. My house is just 20 min from here when I walk." 

"My father and your mother would kill me when they find out that something happened to you on your way home from me. The sun already set so it's better to give you a ride." Now that was odd. I felt warm inside how caring she actually was like I knew her. I thought that she still was the Tiffany from the past deep in her heart.

We made our way to the park house, sat in when Tiffany suddenly said "" looking at the smoking engine. 
"Wait a moment. Tae." I looked her with an fluttering heart because this was the first time after 17 years she called me that again. 
"Yeon...Taeyeon I mean." I was a little disappointed. Was she still unfamiliar and uncomfortable with me? I had a little hope but that was vanished when she continued. But I was sure she wanted to call me 'tae'. 
She got out of the car and opened the hood. I heard her cough hard. I opened my door and asked if she was alright. She just nodded and closed the hood and said that we can't take the car but she'll still walk me home. I actually wanted her to stay at home but as I knew her she would insist in bringing me home safe so I didn't say anymore.

It was dark and I thought of baekhyun, who was probably worried to death since I didn't contact him or anything, I will just trust Tiffany that she resolved the problem. 

We walked silently when out of the blue someone came and grabbed Tiffany's hand.. 
"AAH TAE-" the culprit pushed me to the ground and ran with her on his shoulder away down the street. I quickly stood up and ran after them. I watched from behind that she smacked him at the back and looked at me helplessly. It broke my heart when I saw him smacking her so she would stop. I ran faster to catch up when I saw them turning in a small alleyway. 
The dark alley was like a maze. I yelled out her name numerous times when I heard her calling my name. I ran to that direction where I heard her. I passed by a deadlock when I saw her struggling out of his grip while he tried to shift off her jeans, kneading her exposed s with the other hand. I became so angry that tears escaped my eyes. She just wanted to bring me home safe but instead she was in danger now. I ran to them and yelled "DONT TOUCH HER, YOU SON OF A B*TCH!!" When he heard me, he looked at me, got up and made his way over the wall jumping on the boxes that were stacked like a stairway. I wish I could've seen his face but it was covered with a black hood and a mask. 

I took off my sweater and immediately pulled it over her bruised and bare torso. I let her stand for a moment so I could pull her jeans again up. I was so angry that I didn't even noticed that she hugged me so tight that she scratched my back. At that moment I didn't care and hugged her too when I finished dressing her again. 

"Shh. I'm here now. Please don't cry." I her back up and down to calm her. 

"Tae- tae he almost r- me-e and h-he touched me e-every- everywhere" my heart fluttered for a moment when I heard her calling me taetae.
But I instantly became mad again when she told me crying what exactly he did to her. I couldn't think straight anymore. The only words that reached my brain were "choking...", " ...", "hitting...". 
I clenched my fists and let my anger out at the wall. I punched the wall multiple times until I saw Tiffany rolled together on the cold floor. I began to cry tears of sad- and madness. I hugged her again and told her to get on my back. She did and I walked out of the smelly maze of horror and walked in the direction where my apartment was located.

_________________

(a/n) Taeyeon being protective hehehe *heart flutter* who do you think kidnapped tiffany?