Helping

So Similar Yet so Different

"You always help me. Let me help you this time." I didn't say anything because I was pretty sure that she would insist so I just let her do. I took off my shirt to give her more access to the wounds on my back. 
Silence. I turned my head to her and saw that she examined my back. 'Was is that severe?' 

"I'm sorry." 

"I said it already and I'll say it again. Don't be sorry. I beg you." 

She traced my back with her fingertips that sent me shiver down my spine under her touch. I heard her applying sanitizer on the cotton wad and dabbing so gently on my scratches as if I would break anytime in 1000 pieces, that made me smile because of how careful she was. I twitched in pain nevertheless wherefore I earned a sorry again from her. 

"I'm sorry that I'm sorry." I chuckled and just responded: 

"Just. Don't say anything anymore okay?" She laughed too and continued in treating my back. 

Lastly she also sanitized my fingers and bandaged my hand.
-------- 
"Here, you can wear these shorts to sleep." 

"It's okay. I feel comfortable just in that oversized shirt." It made my heart flutter when she said that. I would like to see on all my cloth that were mostly oversized. 

I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts, thinking of my actually boyfriend whose shirts I often wear.

I got the dookong from the living room and placed it in the middle of us to prevent me from pouncing on her since I get clingy while sleeping.

"Is this your guitar? Can you play it?" 

"It's mine and Baekhyun's. He gave me this guitar as present when he confessed to me in a love song." Silence again. I found it odd. 'Did she slept in after asking the question?' 
"Are you sleeping?" I whispered so she wouldn't wake up if she was. 

"No no I was just thinking." She sounded different than when I asked the question. I became curious to know the reason for her sudden mood change. 

"Care to share your thoughts?" 

"I-I was...umm...I just wondered how you two met." 

"I was in the last year of high school, when I was looking for a possible college that teached business administration and music. I met him at the music department and he helped me to find my way in the college. And one thing led to another." 

"Aah. Does this mean you can sing?" 

"Yeah I can." 

"Do you want to sing something for me." I was a little overwhelmed by the sudden request but I thought about it and asked her what to sing.

"I don't know just sing whatever is on your mind right now." 

"I'm currently writing a song. I can sing a little part of it and you tell me what you think about it okay?" She hummed in agreement and I then took a breath and started to sing.

Today, somehow to me
You look very unfamiliar
Please, so you can know me
Make it so I’ll understand

That’s right, truthfully,
I Watched you today,
without you knowing
I need you.
Words that said to be well
Words that said thank you
What do I do,
I don’t know anything
I can't withstand,
the last farewell was a really disappointing Goodbye. 

"What do you think?" I waited for an answer but I was met by her quietly breathing. 

"Good night miyoung-ah" I turned sideways to look and hugged my dookong when I saw her sleeping peacefully. She was really a sleeping beauty I thought. I took a strand of her hair and tugged it behind her ear to give me more access to look at her face. 
"You are safe with me now. I'm going to protect you. I promise." I hooked her pinky with mine and said that I promise her to be her bodyguard. With our fingers still hooked together I watched her until my eyelids felt heavy and closed. 

---------
[TIFFANY] 
I woke up because of weird noises. It was dark outside. I assumed it was still night.
I rubbed my eyes open and let the pupils adjust to the darkness. I lifted up my head to have more access to the space around me. I saw nothing because it was so dark but Taeyeon next to me slept with her back facing to me and her shirt was shifted up so that half of her back was exposed. I gulped my saliva down. The gap in the middle of her back was so deep and showed of every muscle of it. To prevent me from doing inappropriate things I slowly took the hem and pulled it down. 

Taeyeon distracted me from the noises wherefore I woke up but I just returned to sleep. 
-----

Again I woke up. Still night. I heard crashing sounds if glasses were broken. I became frightened, hid under the blanket and moved closer to Taeyeon. When I did I almost touched her. She turned around and suddenly slumped her arms around me. 
"Baekhyun-aaah" she said in a drowsy husky voice. To hear his name i felt even more frightened 'is he going to payback? Does he still think that she cheat on him?'  When I heard him earlier saying that I'm a I cried and didn't want to hear more of their conversation so I hold my hands over my ears and cried quietly. When I calmed down I heard them still arguing, I didn't want that to continue so I wiped my tears away and walked to the kitchen. 

I am actually used to be called but that was because people were jealous and envious that I had a lot of fame at such young age but when baekhyun refered to me as , I could feel how sincere more or less he meant that. It broke my heart and at the same time to think I would be the person someone had cheat on. Cheating is a serious issue in a relationship. Trust and honesty are the base for a good relationship. Trust goes with honesty so if one of the bases breaks the other one will too, thus it's not possible to have a good relationship. 

"Taeyeon...." She groaned still having her arms around me. 

"Taeyeon. Wake up. I think someone is in your apartment." When I whisper-yelled to her she immediately woke up and took her arms off me -sadly- and looked at me in disbelief. 

"Do you hear this? I'm afraid Taeyeon." I began to cry because I felt the same angst as the moment the kidnapper slash slumped me to the ground. I began to cry out loud that was stopped by taeyeon's hand when she ordered me to stay quiet. The whole time she didn't look at me but instead to the door. When I calmed down she got up, walked to her closet to get something that I couldn't recognized since the room was as dark as the thing she had in her right hand. She locked the door and latched several locks. 
I began to cry again because I asked myself why she had so many locks stored in a box as if it was happening often. How can she live in such dangerous and poor neighborhood when she got paid by me fairly and got 2 or more other jobs too? I asked myself a ton of question that I would like to have answered. When she walked back to the bed I slowly realized what she got from the closet. It was a gun. 

"Don't get afraid. Please. This is just for our safety. Miyoung-ah you are safe if you are with me. Nothing will happen after that incident earlier." She was somehow calm. I couldn't make out what she was feeling from the tone of her voice. It was calm but in the same time, caring if we were the only ones on the planet but also a little frightened and insecure. Her voice was soothing. She was well equipped and apparently knew what she did therefore I trusted her and believe every word she had said. 

When the noises outside the bedroom were back to silence, she laid back with the gun on her chest. I snuggled closer to her because I was cold from the tears that were almost draining taeyeon's pullover I had on. She shifted away from me to get up again. I watched every step of her when she got something again out of her closet. 

"Here change into that. The pullover is all wet. You'll get sick." She threw the new navy blue hoodie I saw in the moon light to me and turned around. My heart fluttered when I realized how caring she is. I never felt like this around a woman other than my mother. As I pulled the pullover over my head I smelled her addicting scent. It was sweet vanilla. I could inhale that scent 24/7 without getting tired of it. I laid back down, thinking back to that smell I didn't notice that Taeyeon still stood there.

"Oh. Sorry. Come back here." I whispered, patting the space next to me as she turned her head to me. With her head her body turned too and made the way back to the bed. I snuggled closer to her and rested my head on the chest of the girl next to me. Since she was heteroual -unfortunately- I couldn't care less because she wouldn't cheat on her boyfriend with me. Taeyeon seemed like a trustworthy and loyal person. 

When I laid on her chest I heard her heart beating rapidly. 'Was it because she was still afraid?' I asked that myself but the beating was so soothing that my eyelids fell  and I began to sleep. 

------------

Morning. I woke up because the strong sunlight hit my closed eyes. I couldn't open my eyes that bright was the light that shone threw the windows. Out of habit did I start to pet the space next to me, searching for my phone. 

When I found nothing - even taeyeon - I remembered that I was still in taeyeon's apartment. When I rolled to the side of the bed where no sunlight shone I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. The room was a little messy. Not as tidy as mine but somehow I recognized a pattern like the books where not ordered neatly in the shelf but around it and at that corner. I got a glimpse in her closet that was half opened. Her cloth wasn't folded but I could see that tshirts had to be on the left in the front and trousers and jeans were distinguished in short and long. 

I sat up on the edge, breathing a few times since I was still drowsy. I deeply inhaled the scent of Taeyeon's detergent before I made my way out of the room. When I opened the door and took one step taeyeon yelled my name and came out of the kitchen with broom and dustpan. 

"Tiffany no!!" I felt very sharp things drilling in my right foot. It hurt so much that I couldn't move and fortunately taeyeon said that I shouldn't move. I looked down in pain and saw scattered fragments of glass.