Breakfast at Tiffany's

So Similar Yet so Different

Another week went by. I still couldn't believe how someone could behave that bad in front of me. I thought about it the whole week until I got interrupted when the bell suddenly rang. I stood up and saw yulsic making out in front of my apartment 
"Yah, get a room" I said in the speaker. 
On the display I can see how they startled, hearing my voice. I let them in and giggled. 

"Hey tiff" 

"What's up? What brings you two here?" 

"What do you think we are doing here? We are here to drag you out of your stash and go partying!" Yuri excitedly said.

"I never witnessed that you are this long in your apartment, it's time that you find your true love!" Jessica added. 

"In a club?" Jessica and yuri looked at each other and didn't know what to say. 

"Just go with us it will be fun!" Yulsic is right, I haven't gone out since I had spoken with Taeyeon.. I really needed a distraction. I asked myself repeatedly why I even thought of her all the time, she was a beautiful woman just like me and when I heard her speaking I felt like I spoke to myself. Is this how people see me? Conceited and narcissistic? This is what I thought about the whole time.


-----------------


Today we just sat at the bar counter chit chatting with hyoyeon. Many people in the club wanted to hit me up but I rejected them because I only thought about the thing with Taeyeon. Everyone gave me 100% love more or less but taeyeon crashed my expectation of people around me. It's no longer 100% but 99,99%. Why was she like this it made me want to change her. As I thought about her a familiar scent invaded my nose, I turned around and saw the one I always had in my mind. She laughed and chatted with another girl who whispered something in her ear. I stood up and both gazes met mine. 
"Go." A sternly voice hit the girl's ear who sat in front of Taeyeon. She immediately did and mouthed the bartender 'call me'. 

"You will not call her." 

"Who do you think you are to tell me this?" 

"I'm your boss, you do as I say" 

"Do you even know where we are? It's HYOYEON's club so my boss is currently hyoyeon!" 

"But you also work for me, I can fire you if you disobey me." 

"No you can't" she laughed out loud when she said that. 

"Yes I can, so don't call her and come with me home after you finish work. Let's resolve some problems." 

"No" Taeyeon just simply said 'no' without any reason and began to talk to another girl. I was so terrified by what she said because no one ever said no to me. Yulsic on the other hand chuckled because I was rejected. I was rejected. What is happening with me? Wasn't I  irresistible anymore? I looked in the mirror to check if I had something in my face but nothing...I was so confused about what just happened. I watched her shaking cocktails with a concentrated but cold expression. She barely laughed. Especially when I talked to her. She was so mean. I didn't do anything that could make her angry or did I? 

I scooted over to sit in front of her again. "Why are you being like this to your boss, don't you have any respect towards your employer?" 

She didn't even look at me and answered "I wasn't raised by bad parents, of course I have some respect towards you but you can't fire me so basically you are on the same level as me" 
 
"What made you think that I can't fire you?" I was confused. I just shrugged the first time she said, that I couldn't fire her, off but now I knew that she must had a valid reason for that statement.

"Just saying, moreover, I'm pretty sure you won't do that, so everything is alright, huh?" She finally looked me in the eyes which sent shiver down my spine. 

I was dumbfounded because she was right that I wouldn't fire her because I knew that she was a hardworking employee of mine. Everything she did in my company was excellent. Everyone liked her, neither she did mistakes nor rumors were floating in our company's air. She was a match of me. I acknowledged that I was a unique person and finding someone who was almost a blueprint of you is very unlikely or not? 

I stared at her the whole time that I didn't notice that Yuri snapped her fingers in front of me. 

"Why do you stare at her all the time? She rejected you so just accept it and move on!"  

"I can't, did you ever witnessed someone rejecting me? Me! Stephanie hwang?!" 

Jessica smirked "you are right but there is always a first time, you know." 

I felt how the alcohol was slowly taking over me so I excused myself and staggered in the restroom.
I looked in my reflection and told myself  "don't show any weakness, don't show any weakness". From second to second my sight became more blurry and my legs were losing strength until my vision turned black, collapsing on the dirty but white tiles.


----------------


I woke up again feeling a presence next to me like the day hyoyeon brought me home. I groaned so loud because my head ached like crazy.

"Hyoyeon, thanks again" I mumbled with closed eyes. 

"Took you a long time till the pills operated" 

I fell out of my bed again because it sure wasn't hyoyeon's voice nor yuri's nor Jessica's.
My body ached so much that I rested on the floor for approximately 10 minutes. I spoke up again "who are you and what pills" 
"Look at me and then you'll know who I am" I hear the person sipping a drink. It took me a great effort to open my eyes but as soon as I started to get a glimpse of the girl who sat in my chair I shot them open, asking her what she was doing in my apartment. Taeyeon...

"I found you on the bathroom floor so I brought you home." I got up from the floor and walked to the bathroom to look at me. 

"HOW ON EARTH DID I CHANGED INTO MY PJ'S!" 

"It's simple. I changed you." 

"I don't like to get my hands dirty but I think I had a good day yesterday" 

"W-wait so...you saw.. me ?"

"it's not like I don't know how a girl looks like " taking a sip from the drink she was holding in her left arm and the other one resting on the armrest, she continued: "But you wasn't , you still have your undergarments on".

I looked down under my shirt and saw my bra 'fortunately she didn't see me , me her boss' 
I slumped on my bed because of exhaustion. I never felt this bad before, in the night club I just had 2 drinks. How is this possible? 
And then it made click in my head. 

"Don't tell me these pills you were talking about were drugs" 

"It was. I changed my mind and decided to come with you home but my pride was and is to big to admit it to you but the pills were a little stronger than I thought they would be."  Her facial expression was so relaxed as it was the most natural thing to slip somebody drugs in the drink. 

"Do you even kn-" Taeyeon cut me off and gestured vaguely with her empty hand.

"Yeah you are the great Stephanie hwang miyoung, CEO of the rising company hwang groups'. I know, I know." I was sceptial when she made fun of me. There were different emotions mixed up in me. I didn't know how to react anymore. Should I be happy that she brought me home? ...angry because she undressed and slipped drugs in my drink or dumbfounded that she took it on the light shoulder. 

"well...nice underwear you have on by the way." I remembered that I had some nice lingerie on because I might have brought a girl home but instead a girl brought me home without any ual intentions. 

"Byuntae" I mumbled under my breath

"I gave you a compliment shouldn't you thank me?" 

"you are right, thank you" I said in a sarcastic tone and obviously fake smiled at her.

"I'm always right, and it's my pleasure ms. Hwang" she winked at me as a sarcastic respond. "Wanna eat breakfast?" She continued. 

"Actually yes" 

"I'm starving, what are you going to cook for us?" 

"Me? Going to cook for us??"

"I brought you home so it's my privilege that you at least make breakfast for me" I had to agree with her. Making breakfast was the least I could do to thank her. But the problem was... 

"So what are you sitting there any longer, let's go" a concerned look in my eyes met her pure brown orbs. I could literally see her empty stomach that craved for food. 


______________________

(a/n) what do you think about this chapter? Taeyeon is a little rude, isnt she?