Back to the Daily Life

So Similar Yet so Different

5 days and 8 hours later. The doctors already reduced the amount of medication but there were still no signs of her waking up, besides that she was able to breath on her own. The mask was still on her face to insure that she got 100% of oxygen but sometimes when no one was around I secretly took it off and sneaked a kiss on her lips. I just did it once but one time I couldn't resist the temptation of her plump and pink lips that were asking for mine and ended up doing it not once, not twice but several times a day. The doctors didn't say anything negative regarding her health so I assumed it didn't effect her much or at all. 

 

"I'm so tired, baby. And here you are sleeping already 8 days. Give me some of your sleep." I whined cutely at her as I slightly hit her shoulder. 

"Just wake up already. I can't await your reaction when you actually see me." I laid down beside her motionless body and faced her as I lay on my stomach, supporting my head with my arms.

"Will you be mad? Happy? Puzzled? Surprised? Dumbfounded? You'll be happy, right? Well, I hope you'll be glad, Miyoung-ah. Give me your hand." Instead of giving her hand (a/n: lol? XD), I took it and enveloped it in my hands, leading it to my lips, I kissed her hand as I closed my eyes. 

"Let's pray that you'll be excited and happy to see me. Let's pray that we stay safe. We will stay safe because we are going to protect each other. Let's love each other for a long time, hopefully till we die and let's not hurt each other, my baby. I'll promise that I'll never leave you again and hurt you. Do you promise me too, Miyoung?" I shifted up and put my arm under her neck pulling her closer. It was a nice feeling to have her this close again. Even though she was under that gown I didn't have any intentions on touching her, having with her or anything. Being close to her and feeling her in my embrace and the warmth was enough to make me happy. 

"I'm...so..tired, princess..." I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep with her in my arms. 

-----

Mumbling and whispering were waking me up. Something was different ... The air was fresh and even though my eyes were still closed, I knew that the room was bright. I brought Tiffany closer and felt her snuggling in my neck which sent shiver down my spine. I shoot my eyes open when I realized that Tiffany snuggled closer. It was indeed Tiffany who had her arm around my waist. I looked up and squinted because the daylight was still too bright. We were in another room. An - more or less - ordinary hospital room I better say. We were in one of those solo VIP rooms with nice interior. The walls weren't painted in that sterile white like I was used to know but instead in a pleasant gray tone. In addition the red couch perfectly matched, giving off a classy vibe. It was obvious that this room was intended for rich people like Tiffany. 

"T-Tiffany????" I looked down to the person who clasped onto me and then to my friends and family who brightly smiled. 

"We didn't think that Tiffany would wake up before you." Sooyoung said which gained laughter from the other ones in the room. 

"You don't look so glad as we thought you would. Is everything alright?" Yuri asked. 

"I-I'm just ... Is she asleep?" I whispered in which all of them nodded. 

"She is a little bit confused. She might think that this is not real." Dr. Choi said. 

"You have to take one step after another. Miyoung probably needs to learn some things again. We will know after we took some tests what functions are necessary to be brushed up again." Dr. Oh explained. I slowly took her arm off me and got up from the bed. 'How embarrassing.' I thought. They must've been seeing that I was sleeping next to Tiffany when she woke up and quietly tranferred us to another department.

"It'll go fast. Don't worry." A nurse released the bed's brake and pushed it outside, following Dr. Oh and Dr. Choi. 

"Finally, huh? The doctors told us that the recovery went faster than they thought." 

"Yeah but I'm still afraid..." I said sitting next to Jessica. 

"Afraid of what?" Tiffany's father asked. I totally forgot that they were still present and didn't know about the incident between Tiffany and me. I had to make up another reason I was afraid of so that I didn't need to tell them about it. 

"Eh- um ... Maybe she got even more sick after all this." Mr. Hwang nodded in agreement before he spoke up again. 

"After Tiffany will be discharged I need to be in Japan for one week because of work." He didn't add anything and expectantly looked at me he awaited my answer but I didn't really know what his intentions were so I gave him a puzzled gaze. 

"What I'm saying is that I'll leave Miyoung to you. I'm sure you'll care for her." 

"Yeah, yes, of course I will." 

"Good, I'm glad that Miyoungie woke up again." My mother took a tissues and wiped the sweat off mr. Hwang's forehead. 

"We are, too. Aren't we, Taeng?" Yuri said, emphasizing my name. I nodded in response and brightly smiled. I was indeed happy that Tiffany woke up. Didn't expect it in such moment but who could even expect someone getting out of coma? 

-----

"Come here, baby." 

"Here is lava. You can't touch the lava otherwise you'll be dead." 

"I'll rescue you. The lava can't do anything to me. I'm your hero, remember?" Tiffany squealed and jumped right into my arms before she slung her legs around my waist. 

"Are we flying?" Tiffany asked me, just a few inches away from my face. 

"Yes, we are." I turned 3 times and imitated the sound of a plane. 

"Touchdown!!" I said, throwing her on the bed. 

"That was fun! Again!" She crawled towards me and was about to clung onto me again when I pushed her away lightly. 

"You have to rest, baby." Tiffany huffed on the bed as she pulled the hem of my shirt. 

"Baby..." She said, not looking at me. I hummed in respond but her answer was nothing other than silence. 

"What is it?" I asked whilst adjusting her bangs. 

"Taeyeon." Suddenly Tiffany's eyes got teary before she fell back on the bed. I asked her what the matter was but she started to cry and hid her face behind her hands. Laying down next to her, I asked again what her problem was. In a mere second later she slung her arms around my neck and cried into it. 

"I'm sorry, Tae. I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you. Please believe me! I didn't want to cheat on you but Jiyeon kissed me and I ... And you were standing there and ... I should've pushed her. I'm so sorry, please be mine again. I can't live without you. I-i hate the idea in the night that I won't be waking up next to you. Taeyeon, I love you ... Please don't leave me." Even though her words were mumbled against my neck, I could make out every single word in no uncertain manner. I didn't know what to say. I was a little overwhelmed and mad when I heard that name again. Tiffany continued crying as I felt my neck getting more wet as well as my shirt. 

"Tiffany. Stop crying." I said, hugging her back. The feeling of her in my arms was incredible. My heart thumped faster than usual, a familiar feeling invaded my stomach that I hugged her even tighter to savor the moment I've been craving since in the last 2 weeks. 

"Sit up." I demanded. 

"Sit up, Tiffany." I said again. As she followed my order I helped her sitting straight. 

"Look at me." Her head was hanging low but I saw her giving me a short glance. Obviously, she didn't want to look at me so I gently cupped her cheeks and lifted up her head, wiping away her tears with my thumbs. 

"I forgive you ... I just don't want to hear that name coming out of your mouth ever again, alright?" She obediently nodded and was about to lay down again but I stopped her to say one last thing. 

"And don't you dare to think of her when you look at me." Again she nodded before I got off the bed. 

"Where are you going?" She asked me sobbing.

"Shower." 

"Without me?" 

"Do you want me to go without you?" In the test the doctors did, it turned out that her motor abilities were a bit rusty and needed to be trained and practiced again. It wasn't that Tiffany wasn't able to walk but it was more slow and she really had to concentrate to move one foot after another and keep her balance that's why I walked back to her and held her when she got off the bed.

"Can't you just wait in the bed until I'm done?" I said, holding her waist. 

"But ... But I want to be with you." Tiffany let her head fall down again after she voiced out her wish. 

"No buts. I'll be back in 5 minutes. I promise." 

"You are not going anywhere other than the bathroom, right?" I took her hand and hooked my pinky with hers. 

"Yes, I'll not leave... Again." Patting her shoulder, I gave her a reassuring gaze before I turned around. But again I was stopped when she called out for me, pulling my shirt. 

"I want a kiss." 

"Later, alright?" I wanted to have a natural kiss like we always had, without being forced that's why I rejected her wish. When she let go of me I heard her going on the bed. I walked towards the bathroom and disappeared in there before I looked back at Tiffany who stared at the ceiling. 

---

As I dried my hair I watched Tiffany through the reflection of the mirror. Her gaze was calm but tensed. She was quiet unlike usual. Tiffany didn't say a lot since we've been back home. The atmosphere was weird. Usually, Tiffany spoke a lot, most times, it was some nonsense but at least she said anything. Instead she watched me rubbing my hair in between the folded towel. 

"Is anything?" I started to blow dry my hair when Tiffany shook her head. Minutes after that my hair was already dry so I proceeded to lay next to Tiffany whose mood was obviously down. 

"Come here." I said as I outstretched my arm, signaling her to place her head there. She did as I said and put her hand on my neck, looking up to me. I subconsciously cupped her neck and brought my head closer to her. The tingling sensation in my stomach and the shiver that was send down my spine was unmissable when I gave her a simple smooch on the lips. I backed up but her lips and the addictive feeling pulled me in, that I locked our lips again. This time it was more fierce and passionate. Following with our heads tilting, Tiffany slightly opened so I could enter my tongue. Even though I wanted more, it wasn't the perfect time for that so I rejected her invitation in her wet land which I craved to feel. 

"Mmh, why, Taetae?" Tiffany pouted as she caressed my neck. 

"Let's eat something." Before I started to say something she latched her lips onto my pulse point and started to kiss and it. 

"St- uh -p, baby." Trying hard to avoid her lips, she came closer once more and started to moan, synchronizing with my breathing pace. 

"Okay!" Tiffany voiced out pushing me away. I audibly groaned in displeasure and watched her getting off the bed. 

"What?" She asked.

"Nevermind!" I sat straight on the bed and looked in the mirror just to see a hickey on my neck. Tiffany then giggled and left behind the corner stumbling a few times over her on feet. I followed her in the kitchen and thought of something we could eat. 

"Ramen?" She asked. I smiled and searched for the box that stored the numerous and various kinds of ramen. 

"Oh just two left." With an unfamiliar and odd feeling, I took the two remaining packages out and gave her a puzzled look. It was the first time that I saw the box almost empty and in addition, a layer of dust was already covering the ramen which I blowed away. A moment later i found out what happened with all the packages. 

"Why are there just two-" I stopped and started at the content of her bin. The full bin was filled to capacity with empty packages of ramen. 'Did she only eat that?' I asked myself, throwing away the last two plastic bags. 
 
"I-I stored them, in hope, I would share my last two with you." Tiffany said as she twiddled her thumbs like a kid who was caught eating cookies without her mother's permission. Not thinking about an answer, I put the pieces of noodles in the boiling water. But when I thought about it, I found it adorable, realizing that the two, she had left, were our favorite ones. 

"Can't you be just for one moment not cute?" I said as I winked. It immediately made her laugh which showed off her sweet trademark eyesmile. Smiling brightly at her, she got up from her seat and walked towards me. A moment later I found her back hugging me and her breath hitting against my nape. 

"Tae?" I hummed in respond and stirred the ramen. 

"Do you know how much I love you?" I stopped the stiring and turned around before I turned off the stove. 

"I do, Miyoung. You don't have to send me 100 flowers per day just to show me how much you love me. Just be yourself that's enough for me. Your love is enough for me." 

"Did you like it at least?" Tiffany asked leaning sideways against my shoulder. 

"Who wouldn't?" I asked back her hair. Tiffany didn't say anything to my question but hugged me tighter. Her hair smelled nice, her skin against mine felt nice, that we were back together was nice. How could I torture myself - and her! - and be away from her by choice? Of course there were reasons but eventually, my feelings to her were winning. Why did it take so long for me to realize that my love was bigger than pride? But since I experienced it now I knew how to act in situations like that. Even though I was pretty sure that it won't happen again, at least I was prepared. 

"Let's eat, baby." I whispered in her ear before I kissed her temple. She immediately got off me and walked over to the dining table which she arranged already. But when I sat down I put away the bowls and placed the hot pot right in the middle. I looked up to her and met a puzzled gaze. Following with a keen look I gave her the chopsticks and pointed with mine at the pot.

"Eat." I told her but something was preventing her from eating. My gaze swayed to her challenged face and then to her hand which obviously had difficulties with holding and using the two wooden sticks. Her worsened motor abilities didn't just concern her legs but also her hands, I noticed. How was I going to teach and practice it with her? Do I just show her how to hold the chopsticks? Should I buy a pair of crutches so she could practice it by herself when I wasn't around? 

"Come here." I demanded her. 

"Let's cut the noodles. I'm gonna use a spoon." To get a scissor, she got up from her seat and walked with some troubles to the kitchen.

"No, seriously, come here." I patted the space on my lap and waved with my hand. Tiffany closed the drawer and came towards me without the sharp instrument she wanted to get. 

"And now?" She asked as she turned her head to me.

"And now you are going to take these..." I put the chopsticks in between her fingers and showed her how to hold them in the right way. With the help of my right hand I taught her the movement and what fingers she had to use to open them up and grab something. 

"Now try it by yourself" 

------

"You are getting better and better, baby!" Tiffany improved a lot the last few days. She was able to grab more heavy things like meatballs or rice cakes. At the same time Tiffany's motor ability concerning her legs was A+. It was as if the coma never happened. She was running through the apartment, jumping on the bed and much more.

"I'm very proud of you." I gave her a smooch on the lips and one last peck as I caressed her inner thigh. 

"Ew! I can't watch it!" Jessica said, hiding her face behind her hands. 

"Then don't look." I said, throwing a grape at her. 

"Didn't your mother teach you not to play with food?" Yuri asked, throwing a pillow at us. With the quick reflexes of mine I beat off the pillow before it hit Tiffany. 

"I-asdgjk asfh" I was about to answer Yuri's question but someone interrupted me by kissing the hell out of me. Of course it was Tiffany who sat on my lap, cupping my cheeks as my hand rested between her thighs. 

Soon I noticed that she nibbled my lower lip wherefore my mouth opened a little to let her enter with that pink muscle of hers. Having a passionate make out session I decided to straddle her legs on my lap before I got up and walked towards our bedroom. 

"You guys are some hormone driven teenagers!" Yuri yelled at us. As Tiffany showered me with kisses I chuckled and pushed the door open. 

"Lock the door, baby." Tiffany said, interrupting our kiss. 

"Let's leave it open. Isn't that hot?" 

"You are such a byuntae but you are right." I gently let her down on the bed and ed her blouse before I giggled. 

"Of course, I'm right." Tiffany was busy kissing my pulse point when I took of my shirt. 

"You are incredibly hot, being so cocky." She said as she crawled backwards, pulling me by the waistband of my sweatpants. My heart beat faster by every seducing look Tiffany gave me. Her gaze was alluring, sweet and loving at the same time in which I remembered again why I fell in love with her. Her eyes were addicting I would say. Hundredth of girls could be around me but my eyes would be fixed on Tiffany. Nothing made me sway my gaze to another direction other than to my girlfriend. Her scent, just her scent made my rationality go away. It was hard to resist it. Maybe it was just me but she had something that pulled me in again and again... Was it her voice? Her body? Her smell? The movements she did? Or was it just simply Miyoung? Miyoung who I still remembered from when we were kids. The little girl who was and still is my best friend. What a great feeling I had. The feeling of being in love and together with my best friend. I felt alive whenever I was with her. Not that I wasn't alive but the mere thought of her existence gave me a sense to breath and live. She was my happiness, I couldn't live without her. I thought I would never see her again but fate brought us together. Wasn't it fortunate? 

"Why did you stop, princess?" Tiffany, half and aroused, turned into a serious and worried one. I then found myself in between her legs, resting my head in her stomach and staring at her. 

"Because I was thinking about you..." I said to her, hopelessly in love. 

"Don't you already do that all day long?" Tiffany asked as she lead her hand towards my face. 

"It's an eyelash. Make a wish!" She said, bringing her finger with the single eyelash in front of my face. I quickly thought of a wish and was about to speak it out loud when Jessica wouldn't be so loud.

"I wish-"

"hello Mr. Hwang! Long time no see!" Jessica said with a tone of 'get your asses up asap'

"Tiffany, you ask? She is in the bedroom doing some chores." I quickly got off Tiffany and pulled her with me. Gathering her shattered pieces of clothes, I pushed them in her arms and told her to go in the bathroom, acting as if she was showering. She did as I said and I, on the other hand, put on my shirt and took some fresh clothes out of my closet, shattering them on my bed and pretending that I was folding them. 

"Miyoung, I'm back from Ja- ... oh, it's you Taeyeonie." Her father said peeking around the corner. 

"Oh, appa, you came? What a surprise." It was indeed a surprise but I bowed my head a little before I took a pink shirt, neatly folding it as if I was already doing it the whole time. In the corner of my I saw that he came closer.

"Where is my daughter?" Mr. Hwang asked, helping me with 'chores' by folding some clothes too. 

"She is in the shower." Both of us went silent and listened to the sound of falling and rippling water. 

"Don't let her order you around ... At times, Tiffany can be very dominant." Even though I knew what he meant I couldn't hide my smirk and nodded in agreement.

"I know..." But when he looked at me with a questioning gaze, I lightly shook my head to get rid of what was thinking when I heard that Tiffany was dominant at times. 

"I mean ... Since she is the CEO ... And I'm working under her supervision..." I awkwardly coughed and put the pile of folded clothes back in her closet. 

"Yeah, right ... CEO." He said giving me a suspicious look instead of a confused one.