Warmth

So Similar Yet so Different

The warm breath that hit my forehead let me stir up from my sleep. "Why didn't you answer my calls, miyoung-ah?" she whispered. She was saying some bunch of non sense things but this especially gained my interest. It was warm and I snuggled even closer bringing my arms around her waist. This dream was really nice. It felt so real even her addicting scent invaded my nose as if she was really there. I turned my face to the crook of her neck to get more access of the sweet honey. 

"Because I was hurt." I mumbled in her neck. 

*ahem* "why were you hurt? I didn't do anything." 

"Mmmhm, can I just enjoy my dream without having any stress?"

"What dream Tiffany?"

"This Dream. You feel so warm, I've missed you so much, I can't do this when I'm awake. Just let me savor this dream." I inhaled deeply and exhaled with a smile on my face.

"You idiot." She said as she flicked my forehead. Because it hurt I brought my hand up and rubbed the spot to ease the pain. 'How can I feel pain when this is not real?'

"You are awake and this is not a dream." Now that I put 1 and 1 together it made all sense to me. The warmth and pain I felt. Her saying that it wasn't a dream. It really wasn't. I shoot my eyes open to meet an annoyed Taeyeon who shoved me off as I felt the arm under my neck disappearing. In instant I pouted before asking why she is like that when I said nice things disracting from the embarassing things I said in my 'dream'.

"You are annoying." She voiced out. Never ever had someone said that to me. If it was a stranger I wouldn't care but it struck me right in the heart when I heard it coming out of her mouth. 

"I did nothing to annoy you Tae-ah" I mumbled almost crying. 

"That's the problem! You did nothing! You didn't answer my calls nor my messages! And now you say you were hurt instead of telling me why!" she was yelling at me. I hate it when people yell at me. My heart almost bursting out of my chest as I felt so afraid of her. I couldn't bring a word out whenever someone is screaming. I just watched her waiting for an answer but I curled up to a ball waiting for an end. A tear left my eye and slid down my temple. 

"You still don't like it huh? I'm sorry." She said as she came closer. 

"Don't be sorry. It's all my fault. I should be sorry for hurting you. I don't want to hurt you." I felt her coming from behind spooning me. I turned my head to see that she supported her head on the hand then I turned back. As much as I didn't want to do it I scooted forward to give her more space. But she followed and even put her arm around my waist pulling me closer. 

"Isn't this considered as cheating?" I asked her. Technically it is...at least for me. Cheating for me is keeping intimate moments with someone who is not your partner a secret from your lover. So if Baekhyun knew about this he would freak out and throw a big tantrum thus I'm assuming that she won't tell him. I looked down at her hand to take it away but then I saw the bracelet. My heart slowly broke in little pieces. I stopped and scooted forward again to get out of her hold. 

Taeyeon then sat up and rolled over me to the other side so that we faced each other. She looked me straight in the eyes with confusion. 

"What do you mean cheating? Who would I cheat on?"

"Baekhyun." 

"But... I'm not- Wait what? I'm confused." She slumped on her back and stared at the ceiling trying hard to understand what I meant. To help her thinking I grabbed her right hand, pulled the hem down and pointed at the expensive looking bracelet with a little shiny 'T' as chamber. It was probably much more expensive than mine. 'His money game is stronger, darn it.' I sadly thought as she slowly began to realize...

"You think...? Oh, I remember. Let me summarize what I'm thinking: you are hurt because two days ago when we wanted to meet up you saw Baekhyun and me as if I let you stand up. Indeed he gave me a bracelet but actually..."

-----------

Flashback [TAEYEON] 
"This is for you yeon-ie" he said as he handed me the big bunch of roses. I smiled at him because this was the sweetest he ever did since his confession song. I welcomed them in my arms and smelled them. 

"That's really nice of you. Thanks. But why are you here?" 

"What do you think why I am here?" He asked rhetorically as he rummaged in his jacket. 

"I want you back." He opened the box he took out and showed me a beautiful bracelet. A 'B' chamber was hanging down as he held it up in front of my face. He took my Hand without even waiting for an answer as if I agreed already. I yanked my hand away and shook my head.

"Baekhyun. No. I'm sorry." 

"I still love you Taeyeon. Don't you love me too?" 

"What made you think that? No I don't have any feelings for you left and now go." I looked at my phone '7.04pm' my gaze swayed down the street to find Tiffany in hope she'll arrive soon and rescue me.

"Why?" He asked as he was fidgeting with his finger in sadness. 

"Are you waiting for someone? Do you have another man?...or woman?" 

"Yes I'm waiting. And no I don't have a new lover but I love someone else. Please accept it and go before she comes." 

"So it's a she? Who is she? Do I know her?"

"There is no need for you to ask that because it's non of your business Baekhyun." 

"So I know her... I don't want to be a burden anymore, this is hurting me." He said and turned around. I held his wrist to turn him around. His eyes were glistening in hope but it vanished when I just apologized. 

'7.10pm where are you Tiffany.' I tried to call her but it just directed me to the mailbox. I was worried, why would she make an appointment with me and then not come. 5 minutes past after that, still no sign of Tiffany. I began to walk to the dumpster to throw my trash away because obviously Tiffany won't come anymore. Every once in a while I turned around in hope that Tiffany will show up. 

When I opened the lit and wanted to place the bag down I noticed something shining. I took the bag out again and then the Tiffany&co box with 2 bracelets in them. They were just like Baekhyun's but these were looking very expensive not to forget that I found them in a Tiffany&co box. Both had a 'T' chamber. One was light blue and the other one light pink. I immediately thought about Tiffany and Taeyeon. And our favorite colours. 'Did she throw them away? Was she there?' 

I took them with me maybe they were really her's. It broke my heart when I thought about it. Why would she do that? Then I texted her again but no reply. When I called again no one answered. Why can't she just tell me at least why she let me stand up and wait for her 15 minutes.Why couldn't she just tell me at least that she won't come. It would have save my worries and time.

I could visit her at her place but I think I'll just give her space. She will come to me when she is ready, I'm sure of it.

--------------

"So it's not his? And you are not back together with him?" As she told me the story my corners of my lips were twitching upward but I suppressed it to not show my happiness. 

"So please answer this honestly Tiffany... Is this yours?" She wiggledher wrist. I nodded and earned a toothy smile from her.  She stood up and took something out of her pocket. 

"And this is yours too." She said as she clipped the blue bracelet on my wrist. I was surprised because she wasn't mad anymore, quite the opposite she excitedly smiled and looked at our new accessoires

"Aren't you mad?" 

"I was but my prediction turned out to be right. Seeing that you threw away such expensive jewelry I don't want to waste that money you spend just for me. I'm touched. A worth wastage is that plastic thing Baekhyun wanted to give me." I was happy but in the same time afraid that she'll ask further why I threw them away. She was so mesmerized by the shining diamonds on the chamber that she didn't care anymore of the reasons. 

"Taeyeon-ah..." She looked up like a kid that got hundreds of sweets and hummed in respond. 

"Are you possibly..." She waited patiently until I finished my sentence. 

"...a gold digger?" I asked her straightforward. I just joked but a little truth was hiding. She didn't accept Baekhyun's 'plastic thing' and was totally excited whenever the word money left . 

"Tiff...damn." She said as she put her hand on the chest. 

"Now I'm really hurt." She continued plainly and vulnerable. I didn't want to hurt her so we ended up a few seconds in silence looking at each other. 

"I-I'm sorry." She laughed out loud. Her laugh was weird. It sounded like an ajumma but it was funny and cute. 

"You should have seen your face. I'm a better actress than I thought." She said as she wiped a tear away that fell from laughing.

"Yah." I voiced out.

"Don't yah me. I'm older than you." I huffed and closed my eyes. She on the other hand said calmly:

"Did no one teach you that you shouldn't ask that kind of questions?" I felt her hand on my face, caressing my cheekbone with her thumb. I loved her gentle touch. I smiled subconsciously and brought my hand up to hold her's. She wanted to take her hand back but I held it tight with that quick reflexes of mine.

"Don't stop." I demanded. When I was being straightforward I knew she felt uncomfortable especially when I was flirty. My egoistic self just took over me that I wanted to feel her warmth not caring what she felt in the meantime. 

My heart sunk into my pants and I was very uncomfortable with what she said next.

"Jiwoong told me everything what happened in the club." I gulped down. Actually there is no need to feel like that, we are not together or what is more important she didn't have any feelings for me. 

"I thought you were gay?"

"I am...but why do you even care? It's not like you are interested in me because you are straight." Her expression said something between confusion and happiness.

"I do love guys but I love girls too" she answered casually. That was really new for me. I never noticed that she wanted girls as much as guys. When I thought about it for a few seconds the memory truck came by and hit my brain. I remembered the numerous times when she worked in hyo's club that she was always talking, laughing and touching both genders equally. 

When I still was unaware of her real ual orientation I was being jealous when she talked to other girls although I thought she wouldn't begin something with them. It was in the past ubut nevertheless i felt even more jealous now that I know that she could've start something serious.

She smiled at me and asked if I want something to eat. I nodded in response. 

"You are going to cook. I want your kimchi fried rice." She said tapping my shoulder until I got up. 

------

"You still didn't answer my question." She said laying on the couch. 

"What question?" I asked as I stirred the rice. In the corner of my eye I saw her standing up and walking over to me. I looked at her for a second before I looked back at the pan, paying attention to the rice so it won't burn. Then I felt her arms sling around my waist giving me a back hug and resting her chin on my shoulder. 

'Why is she doing that to me?' I thought. I just wanted to turn around and kiss her. Her lips were so tempting but I didn't want to risk our friendship for something I didn't think about thoroughly. I let my head on spot and rolled my eyes to her. I caught her already looking at me before my attention immediately wandered to her pinkish glistening lips. 'Uuuaagh you really challenge me Tae.' 

I heard her inhaling the smell of the fried rice then she let out a quiet moan in satisfaction. 'One torture after another.' I closed my eyes and slowly breathed to steady my heart rate. 

"I asked how it came that you suddenly can cook." 

"You wanted me to still remember that?" We looked at each other and I playfully puffed in her face. She scrunched her nose cutely like a puppy. After I turned of the stove I turned around. I looked at closer because something was beginning to get suspicious. I stood between her arms that were holding the edge of the stove. 

"Did you use my lipgloss?" I said sternly. She backed up surprised at my sudden mood change. 

"Could you please answer my question because I asked first ms. Hwang." Taeyeon teased me not only with the name but mimicking the same pose and tone as me. 

"I answer when you answer my question." Taeyeon raised one eyebrow. I waited until she spoke again.

"Alright you stubborn kid. Yes I used your lipgloss do you have a problem with that?" She took a finger and touched her lips as she puckered them. 'She really asks for a kiss huh?' She came closer and closer each second. I would've take a step back but the kitchen table prevented me to do so.

"No not really but I would appreciate if you ask before you touch my things." I said as she took a step closer to me and put a finger in the hem of my neck. Taeyeon ran her finger from one side to another. I gulped down in tension. I saw a smirk building up in her face. My eyes were flickering between her eyes full of desire and her lips that craved for the warmth of mine.

"I have a new question for you Fany..." I hastily nodded and patiently waited for her to continue.

 

"Can I touch you?"

_________________

(a/n) lol the end....... i hate baekhyun lmao  but just in the story of course ;) what do you think about taeyeon being drunk? XDD