The end

So Similar Yet so Different

[TIFFANY]
"Get off me... You are being clingy again." I heard Taeyeon saying as she tried to get out of my hold. 

"I'm sorry but you know that I need something in my arms when I sleep." I sighed and got my hands off her,  I slumped on my back and rubbed the sleep out of my eye. 

I really needed something to hold on but it wasn't that often actually. When I'm alone the next day I woke up with something but not always but when Taeyeon was sleeping here it happened like every time. Now she thinks I'm clingy and is annoyed of me. I should take a time away from her even though I didn't want to do it. I think that's the best for us. For her. Missing her and suffer alone is better than seeing her in pain. After we got closer and closer I feel how she acted different. I really thought that she had feelings for me. She probably had them when my friends noticed it but it's all my fault now that we are like this. My fault because I wouldn't have hesitated to ask her out for a real date and claim her mine by confessing. It's too late now. She recently looked really happy so I assumed that she saw someone else, someone better than me, someone who can offer her more than me. 

"I'm going now." The tone of her voice was rather cold.

"Now? So early?" She sat up and took her coat putting it on. 

"Yeah, I'm obviously here just to make you feel better by playing your teddy bear at night and the next day to cook for you as if I'm your maid." Huh? This was not true at least not fully. it was true that she cook for me but only because I can't cook, in contrast she could cook all kinds of food, from ramen to seafood dishes. so whenever I asked her to make something for us, she did it and when I wanted to cuddle or felt cold she cared ofr me and did something against it. So what I'm saying is that she did that all for her sake.

"If you don't want to hug me it's okay, it's not like I force you or so. I can't cook besides kimchi fried rice, I can order something anytime but why spend money when I can get something more delicious for free?"

"I feel used Tiffany. You are an adult! Get a real maid or learn how to cook! I'm not going to do it anymore. I have enough!" I couldn't say anything because I really felt hurt. Did she really think I use her on my purpose? Is this how she thought of me? Was I that bad of a person? 

Taeyeon apparently waited for an answer from my side but when she got nothing she turned around and walked to the door. At this moment I had so many thoughts that I didn't know what to say. 

"Stay. I love you." I whispered out but in the mid way I became more and more quiet realizing what I just said. I put my hands over my face in embarrassment. Out of all moments I had with her why did it have to be this moment to confess to her? I said 'I love you.' As we argued. That's not how I imagined It couldn't come worst but quite the opposite:

"What?" She said not angry anymore. She just stood in the middle of the room and asked again. 

"Stay. I said." 

"I know that you said another thing, repeat it." 

"It's the best if you go now." I stood up walked over to her and pushed her outside. I felt pressure against my hands as if she didn't want me to push her, as if she wanted to stay. 

"Tiffany stop." I didn't stop I pushed her further until the front door. When I wanted to open it. She suddenly turned around. 

*mhm* electric jolts were spreading through my whole body as her lips touched mine. We locked eyes for a second before her eyes closed. I couldn't close my eyes. I wanted to watch her, watch every move of her. She was so close that I didn't dare to close them. I needed to savor all of this, the feeling of her plump pinkish lips  that were as soft as clouds - at least how I imagined how clouds felt like, everything in me went crazy because of her. My heart beat so fast and loud that I heard it already. I inhaled through the nose multiple times to get more and more of her scent that was sweet vanilla but as much as I wanted to touch her I couldn't. I wanted to sling my arms around her waist and pull her closer but I couldn't, my body prevented myself from touching more than her lips. Actually... it was enough for me. The kiss with her was different than the numerous ones I had before. I could feel more love in one kiss with Taeyeon than in thousand kisses with other girls. The feeling was incredible, when I brought my hands up to cup her cheeks in the mid way she backed up. 

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." She apologized as she bowed as deep as she could. I just stood there still surprised by her sudden kiss and now even more because she broke our amazing kiss. My feet were glued at one spot as I watched her leaving my apartment. 

I touched my lips and looked blankly on the floor. Everything I thought just a moment ago took a turn. My insecurity and sadness turned to happiness. I was sure she felt the same as me not only while we kissed but the whole time. I unglued my feet and walked to the kitchen to poor myself a glass of water. 

"Don't say it's a dream." I said as I pinched my forearm.

"Oh my... It's real." I placed the cup down on the table but a little too hard that it shattered in little pieces. Still out of it I just grabbed the pieces. 

"Ouch. I'm so stupid." I quickly took something to gather the pieces as my blood dropped down, leaving the kitchen floor and counter with blood trails as if I murdered someone. 

"I'm home! I mean I'm here to vi- WHAT THE HAPPENED HWANG?!" I turned around and gave her an obvious fake smile. 

"HOW CAN SOMEONE BE SO STUPID?!" She took a roll of tissues and wrapped it around my hand to stop the blood from flooding my kitchen. 

"Good morning you too Hyuna." She patted my and smiled at me. She ordered me to put pressure on the wounds as she got a dustpan and sweeper. In the meanwhile I sat down at the dining table and watched her cleaning the mess I've done. 

"That's not not normal Tiff. Every ordinary human knows that you have to be careful with broken glass. Why did it happen actually?" Hyuna said reassuringly while she wiped the last trails of blood away. 

"Taeyeon and me kissed and I couldn't think straight and then I wanted to-" she cut me off and frowned.

"Wait what?"

"I wanted to-" I got cut off again at the same spot.

"No, no the first thing. Taeyeon and you...?" 

"SHE KISSED ME! CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT?!" I suddenly yelled out in happiness. 

"Yes I can and I'm happy for you Tiff. I said to you already like hundreds of times that she likes you. Are you finally going to confess and end this suffering?" 

"hmm I don't confess everyday so you have to help me." 

"Of course, what's your plan?" She said excitedly fidgeting on the chair. 

---------

[TAEYEON] 
1 week after our kiss I heard nothing from her. She was not at work and that was really odd because she loved it to work and be in her office. I came in the office hall of the 5th floor and put my bag on the table but instantly walked to her office in hope she would be there. I asked Sooyoung if she came already but she said to me that Tiffany is preparing for something so she did home-working. That made sense for me now. Tiffany wouldn't neglect her company for anything in the world especially her spot as CEO. When I turned around and was about to close the door Sooyoung called my name again. 

"I have something for you." She said as she wavered with an envelope in her hand. She smiled at me rather excitedly than in politeness. I asked her what that is and she just anwered that she didn't know what it is but her smile said otherwise. I didn't ask further and took the envelope before I walked back to my desk.

I was curious what it was because in a beautiful handwriting it said 'for Kim Taeyeon.' So I opened it already when I came out of the room. I felt something hard inside when I took the envelop from Sooyoung and it turned out to be a heart sticker. It was not the only thing in there, a pink letter got my attention too. I sat down on my chair and opened the letter. At the same time a familiar scent invaded my nose. I smelled the paper and indeed it was perfume that was sprayed on. Tiffany's perfume to be exact. 'Is this a love letter?' I asked myself but it turned out to be something different. 

Right at the top in the middle it said  'Invitation' in the most beautiful font. I observed the letter and everything was handwritten in black ink. After that I started to read. 
~
Invitation

Dear Kim Taeyeon,
you are invited to an unforgettable date in the xxx theater. The event will start today at 8 p.m so please be right on time. The heart sticker will be your invitation card so don't lose it and bring it with you. Additionally the event does not require evening attire so I request you to wear something you feel comfortable in. I will be pleased if you come. 

Sincerely yours, S.H.M.
~

'S.H.M.? Stephanie Hwang Miyoung?' Tiffany invited me to a date? I smiled subconsciously and smelled again at the paper. Then I leaned at my backrest and thought of what I will wear. She asked me for the first time for a date and she actually could've just give me a call but Tiffany had to go one better and wrote a letter. It was kind of cute because no one ever did that. It was something different that made me feel different. 

-----

7.51 pm. My friend drove me with his taxi right in front of the theater. Before I got out I checked my makeup and adjusted my fringe. I had a lot on my face but it looked simple as if I had a bare face. I put another layer of lipstick and smacked my lips together as finish.

"You look so simple yet so gorgeous Taeyeon-ie. Who is that special someone who has the honor to spend the evening with the amazing girl who sits next to me?" 

"I will tell you after my date. I'm so excited." I said as I got out of the car.

"Have fun. Shall I pick you up after that?" I shook my head. 

"I think this won't be the end here but thanks for offering and thanks for bringing me here." I winked at him and closed the door. I turned around and heard him driving away.  I looked through the door to see if Tiffany waited inside but nothing. Like really nothing. No one was there or at least I couldn't see someone else. Next to the front door someone in nice attire stood there. Our eyes locked but I broke it when I turned around. I looked left and right, then on my wristwatch '7.56 pm' I remembered the heart sticker so I took it out of my bag and pinned it on my cloth in the chest area. Then I turned around again to check if someone was there but nothing again. People were not even coming or going so it was really odd for me. When I turned around again I swayed my gaze to the man and witnessed that his face looked surprise. 

"Are you Kim Taeyeon?" I was confused but nodded nevertheless.

"Come with me." He said as he smiled and outstretched his hand to signal me the way. 

"Where are we going?" I asked following him. 

"You are going there now." He stopped in mid way and pointed to an office box. I was even more confused but did as he said. 

"Have fun." He winked at me and smiled. I smiled back and bowed in gratitude. 

"Hello,  I was ordered to come here." 

"We were expecting you. You-" I cut her off by asking where everyone is. 

"Just ask your host." She chuckled.

"You have to pay with your heart."

"Huh?" She pointed at her chest but looked with her eyes at mine.

"Oh yeah the invitation card." I unpinned the card and gave it to her. 

"Please follow the light way." Now she signaled me with her hand to the right side. I swayed my gaze along with her hand and saw a path that lead to a door. 

----

I arrived in the hall. In an empty hall. I looked around and observed the room although there wasn't much to look at but one seat gained my attention. It was right in the middle and had a placard on it that said 'reserved: Kim Taeyeon' . Obviously it was my assigned seat so I walked up the stairs and sat down. '8.00 pm' my watch said. The event should sta- 

The hall suddenly became pitch black dark and I heard the curtains opening. I looked around to see if Tiffany was there but she wasn't. She came late to the date she appointed with me. I was disappointed but nevertheless I waited a bit more for her. The film started but to my surprise it wasn't a film. 

Pictures were showing up along with texts. The first picture was me sleeping and in the background I could see her window. It was dark outside so I assumed it to be when I fell asleep. The text after the picture said 'sometimes I fall asleep next to you...' I gulped down in tension because I had a weird feeling in me knowing where this will go. Three other pictures were showing of me sleeping next to her. 'Wtf Tiffany.' I thought but chuckled at her cuteness. Another picture of me sleeping showed up that was taken at daylight. It was a series. The next pictures were me waking up annoyed but then I was laughing at her. I still remembered that moment well.

-----------
Flashback

"Look up Taeyeon. Look up." Tiffany said. 

"Ugh. Let me sleep." I said burying my face into the pillow. *click* 

"What are you doing?" I groaned.

"Pictures of you." I looked up to meet her phone that was directed at me. Then I noticed her wearing fake glasses that had a big nose and a mustache attached. Still drowsy I laughed at her silliness.

-----------

I was flabbergasted that she still had these pictures because they were taken like 2 week ago or so. I smiled again because of the text after the pictures '...and sometimes I wake up next to you. I want to change that sometimes to always...' Then it was silent, the only thing I could here was my heart beating.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend Taeyeon?"

 

 

This was finally the end of my suffering I've gone through the last weeks.