A Trap

So Similar Yet so Different

"YAH WHERE ARE YOU BRINGING MY DESK!" I chuckled as I heard her yelling at the security.

"Where should we place it Ms Hwang?"

"Here" I pointed in front of my desk. "right there." Taeyeon behind them, looking all confused. 

"What are you doing?" I ignored her. The security brought her chair in and placed it neatly at the spot where it belonged. 
"Thank you guys." 

"No problem Ms Hwang, that's our job." 

"Remind me later to treat you to beer, you may leave now." 

"Thank you ms. Hwang. It's not necessary but if you insist then we are not going to stop you." I gave them a reassuring smile until they left.

"Are you going to stand there for the rest of the day? Sit."

"Do I have to work here now? Forever?" 

"Yeah forever. You looked relieved when she gave you your book back."

"It's not a book, it's a photo album."

"Yeah whatever. I thought by the expression of yours that you really appreciate it. Therefore I transferred your desk in my office where it is safe from thieves, me included of course." 

"I could've just bring it home." 

"But I want you here." What did I just say? I was out of control. What was happening with me. was she really the reason for my different behavior? I was as amazed as Taeyeon was. a gap, mine closed but I knew we felt the same at this moment. I quickly looked down in order to prevent her from seeing my blushing face. She quietly sat down, still looking at me but returned to work when I gave her a sternly glance. 
--------
"It's already 11 pm what are you still doing here?" I knew that she was really diligently employee of mine but I never saw her at this hour still working. 

"I'm working." 

"you don't say. Let me see what you've done today." I took the paperwork from her desk and quickly went through them. It was impressive, in 13 hours she managed to write 6 reports, each of them 4 sites. I didnt pay attention to what she wrote but from her past reports i knew, it must've been good. 

"I'll take this home and read through it. Is it okay?" 

"Of course, what are you asking, you are the great Stephanie hwang miyoung that stands above all people that work here." 

"Very funny." But the real fun was that I heard some grumbling and it wasn't me. "Now that is funny. When did you eat the last time? You sound veeeeeery hungry." 

"Last time? Hmmm I think this morning." 

"You THINK this MORNING????" I actually didn't care about my employees if they ate already or not but there was some connection between her and me, an instict that made me naturally act like that.

"Yeah I don't feel like eating when I work." 

"You. Come with me. Now." I dragged her on the hem of her blouse with her bag in the other hand. I don't know what got into me that I acted so impulsive not thinking of the consequences. 

"But I'm tired, I just want to go home and sleep, my boyfriend is waiting for me." She yanked her body away from me that lead her body fall to the ground but thanks to my quick reflexes I quickly slung my arm around her waist pulling her closer to me so she wouldn't fall. 
She was so close to me that I felt her warm breath against my lips what immediately sent shiver down my spine. Because she was so close I whispered:
"Your boyfriend is waiting? Then you should have eaten something." She lifted her arms and shoved me away from her by pushing my chest. 
"You come home with me now and we eat together, just tell him that you need to work more. I'm willing to pay you the time you spend with me." 

"Why would I? You can't even cook and I can eat home without poisoning myself." 

"Who said I'm going to cook? We are going to get some fried chicken and eat them at my home." I slowly walked towards the door. She had to come with me since I still had her bag. 

She followed behind me and as I knew her she won't touch the door of my car so I opened it for her and gestured with my hand that she can enter. She did as I said. I quickly sat in the car, threw her bag to the back and closed the doors so she can't flee. 

"This is imprisonment, do you know this?" I looked at the girl next to me whose arms are crossed with her gaze on the road. 

"Yeah but what are you going to do? no one is outside anymore, no witness, no crime." I winked at her mischievously. I heard her chuckle, it was like golden liquid to my ears. This was the first time she laughed, even if it's not a real laugh but it's something, wasn't it?

"Well played Hwang, well played." I smirked.

"I'm going to get the fried chicken and you are going to stay here." I took her bag and turned off the engine.

"I'm not going anywhere. Don't worry." I didn't believe her and just got out of the car without responding. I heard her phone ringing in her bag as I looked threw the window if she's alright. 

I didn't look at the caller and answered her phone "Annyeonghaseyo?" 

"Who are you? Where is Taeyeon?" I smirked, I assumed that it was her boyfriend before looking at the name on the display. I bowed down again and showed her that Baekhyun called. Going a few steps away from the car I said: "I'm her boss and I ordered her to work more because she made a ruckus at work." 

"What ruckus, Taeyeon is a calm person. She wouldn't do such thing called 'ruckus' and why are you making her work overtime on Friday?" 

"But she did, so don't worry anymore." I hung up before he could even answer and turned off her phone. Again I looked through the window just to meet an angry Taeyeon for the first time.

I just laughed it off and entered the shop.
----------
"I'm back" 

"I have eyes, I can see it." 

"I just said it to make sure that you don't want to dirty your eyes by looking at me." I mockingly said to her. 

"You are so funny tiff." She mumbled in a monotone voice. 

"I know that I'm funny but thanks nevertheless." When taeyeon wanted to speak up I interrupted her by asking: 
"So we are back to tiff now huh?" I liked it when she called me tiff it brought me back to the past where we had a lot of fun. Still not remembering her laugh.

"I said ms hwang." 

"No you didn't, I heard you clearly, so stop pretending. You can do it furthermore, I prefer tiff to ms. Hwang. I feel old when the employees address me like that."

The rest time on the way to my home we didn't say anything. I didn't feel like speaking because I was so tired. I didn't even want to eat but I wanted to find out about her more and she was hungry so I just endured it. 

I parked the car in the park house and made my way to her side, again with her bag. 

"I don't even need to request it. Nice. You are learning quick ms. hwang." I knew she teased me by saying ms. hwang but I just acted like I didn't care and smiled at her. 
She took a step out and inhaled the fresh air before speaking up again. 
"I know that you care and you have to improve your fake smiling. it's very obvious. You told me not to pretend but you also do it. You are just the same as me." It's like she read my mind. I really admired her, if I would meet myself I wouldn't behave myself and immediately pounce on me, doing everything to be loved by me but she, on the other hand, brushed me easily off and told me her honest opinion. 

"This way ms Kim" I pointed in the direction where my apartment was but was dumbfounded when she said that already knows the way to me. I then remembered that she brought me home and .... Cuddled with me. At that thought I instantly shivered and gained a weird look from her.

I opened the door and Taeyeon was welcomed by my tail wiggling dog prince fluffy. 
"He welcomed you before me. This is odd." 

"Maybe he likes me more than you." 

"Nah, he is just being friendly." I came in, put my shoes in the room next to the front door and told Taeyeon to do the same. I put the bag with the fried chicken on the desk in front of the TV and the TV. 

"Sit. I already had to request it two times today. You are learning really slow." I mocked her because she said something similar to me. She jumped from behind on the couch as if it was her own home and started to unwrap the food. 

"Don't you eat?" 

"I'm okay, just eat." 

"Wait I thought we are going to eat together?" 

"Yeah I'm sitting here with you so we are together. And you are eating so we are eating together." 

"I don't want to eat." I looked at her confused, I knew she was hungry so I took one wing and started to eat. She finally ate too but I ate so slowly that I waited until she finished them. 'She doesn't even notice it. Cute.... did I just call her cute? Wait, there are a lot of things cute, like dogs or babies so it's okay that I called her that. It's okay Stephanie. It's nothing.' 

I really felt like she can read my mind because at the last piece, that was half eaten, she looked at me and my wing that I started 10 minutes ago and said "it was a trap."Out of the blue she began to cry. I didn't know what to do so I just patted her back but that made her cry even more. 'What have I done?' 

I wanted her to shut up by saying that she should shut up but she cried so loud that it made me almost deaf. I just wanted her to calm down because my ears began to ache, I took her in my embrace and lessened the noises that were blocked by my body. I felt her getting quiet still hugging her. I looked at the clock that showed 1.26 am.I immediately became tired again and slowly drifted off to dream land.