CHAPTER 92: LUNCH

Summer Breeze

 

The next day Yoona got a message from Siwon’s halmoni, she was inviting her to have lunch with them.

YOONA:                                      unnie what do you think I should wear? This one or this one?

SUNNY:                                      either of them you look good on them, so don’t worry much..

YURI:                                           right! So you were invited over lunch, you think they’re going to arrange your marriage??

YOONA:                                      (stop looking at the dresses) I dunno know, why did you ask?

YURI:                                           well, it just pops in my mind; you think they invite you for no reason?

SUNNY:                                      she’s right and in fact we all looking forward to that ring finger of yours wearing a diamond ring. (smile)

YURI:                                           yeah, so enough with the talking and let’s make you pretty ok?

Yoona just smiled at her unnies, while they were helping her prepare for the lunch, the thought of having Siwon putting a ring on her excites her, but the uneasy feeling she was having for a few day keep on bothering her.

SUNNY:                                      there you’re ready!

YURI:                                           come on let’s go down stairs.

The girls wish her good luck before she left the house. She arrived at the Choi’s residence on time, the maid opened the gate for her and then she escorted her to the front door, when she got inside she overheard Siwon and his mother talking so she stop on her tracks.

Ms. CHOI:                                  son, how’s the wedding preparation going?

SIWON:                                      it’s going well Mom, but there’s so many thing to do.

Ms. CHOI:                                  do you need help? Just ask, were glad to help you out.

SIWON:                                      no, it’s ok and i had a help from her she’s helping me out with the preparation and I was thankful that she was there all I need to wait now is for the wedding dress to be finished and we are all set for the wedding.

Yoona could hear then clearly. She couldn’t believe what she heard sadness and hurt fill her heart.

“wedding? Her? Wedding dress? What is going on here?”

She was about to turn around and leave but halmeoni came at her back.

HALMONI:                                 oh! My dear you’re here already!

YOONA:                                      annyeong halmeoni!

HALMONI:                                 what are you doing here? Come let’s go inside they are waiting now.

Yoona has no choice but to follow halmoni.

HALMONI:                                 my dear, why the gloomy face? You look lovely today, smile then you will look more beautiful.

YOONA:                                      deh, (smile)

Yoona force herself to smile, she doesn’t want to ruin the lunch, so she put aside her hurt feelings, when they reach the dining room Siwon welcomed her with a kiss on the forehead.

HALMONI:                                 alright, you sit next to him my dear.

Yoona sat next to Siwon and then Halmoni sat at the other end of the table. Then they begin to eat, Siwon was paying so much attention to Yoona, that his parents could only look at them and smile. On the other hand Yoona was being quiet while Siwon was putting foods on her plate.

Mr. CHOI:                                  what’s the matter my dear? You don’t like the food?

YOONA:                                      ow, not at all the food was great, but (look at the food) I’m full already and Siwon here keeps on putting food on my plate.

SIWON:                                      (look at Yoona’s plate) oopss, sorry..(smile)

YOONA:                                      (smile)  it’s ok but don’t put food on my plate anymore or I’ll end up like Shindong-sshi..

SIWON:                                      ok,ok…sorry..

Ms. CHOI:                                  forgive my son,.

YOONA:                                      it’s alright ma’am..(smile)

Ms. CHOI:                                  don’t call me “ma’am” just call me ommoni.

YOONA:                                      (look at Ms. Choi)ommoni??

Ms. CHOI:                                  yes, I really want to have a lovely daughter but I couldn’t anymore so please..

Yoona look at Siwon then to Halmoni and Mr. Choi they all have the same looks on their faces.

YOONA:                                      ahmm, ok then eom-eomeo—eomeoni

HALMONI:                                 there,(clap her hands) Yoona dear after lunch come with me to the library I want to show you the photo album of Siwon when he was still cute little boy.

SIWON:                                      (almost choke ) halmoni!!

HALMEONI:                              what?? I bet Yoona would love to see them.

SIWON:                                      no she doesn’t, come on Halmeoni..

YOONA:                                      no, I’d love to see them..

Siwon turned to Yoona with shock impression.

Mr.  CHOI:                                 son, no use arguing, halmoni won’t listen anyway..she’ll insist on showing it to Yoona.

SIWON:                                      fine, (lose expression) she’ll see everything..

Halmoni could only laugh at Siwon’s face but Yoona deep inside her was hurting the more she spent with his family the more she was getting hurt.

“ is this right? His getting married, with… with other girl but why this?”

They finished eating and head to the garden to have tea.

Mr. CHOI:                                  Yoona-sshi, it was nice having you for lunch but I have to go now.

YOONA:                                      it was an honor sir..

Mr. CHOI:                                  sir?

YOONA:                                      sorry, abeoji..

Mr. Choi smiled at her then said his good bye to Ms. Choi , Halmeoni and Siwon.

HALMEONI;                              my dear, come let’s take a look at the photos..

SIWON:                                      halmeoni, please not those photos??(pleading)

HALMEONI:                              why not, come on Yoona..

Ms. CHOI:                                  son, let eomeoni..she’s just excited to show it to her.

SIWON:                                      but..

HALMEONI:                              there, there grandson there’s nothing to be ashamed off.

Then they went inside of the house to the library, and Ms. Choi went with Siwon. At the library halmeoni excitedly took the photo albums from the book shelf.

HALMEONI:                              here, this was when Siwon was born..

Yoona looked at the photos of Siwon she could only look at hem lovingly she flip the pages of the album, she was daydreaming.

“ angel… I wish I could have a child who looks like you’

Yoona continue admiring the photos , she even touches the photos as if she was touching Siwon’s face for real.

HALMONI:                                 you really love him.

Yoona was awaken by what Halmeoni said, then she turned to her she forgot that she was there beside her all she could so was smile at her and then back to the photos.