Chapter Fifty-One:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                I couldn’t stop crying no matter how hard I tried because everything about whom I was or who I am is a lie. I’m not like my grandmother who I love dearly, I’m not like my quirky dad and I don’t even look like Jongdae so where did that leave me?

                The daughter of a psychotic woman who tried to get rid of me twice and failed, that’s who I was now and everything had changed to the point of no return. There was no backspace; there was no house between the two best friends.

There was nothing.

Just me, isolated.

                And as I looked down at the water that had taken the life of my mother I contemplated where it left me. Where I go from here because I no longer belonged in the Kim household, I was practically an orphan.

“You do anything rash and stupid I swear to god.”

I turned my head with shock to find Jongdae walking slowly towards me with Chanyeol not far behind him “Jongdae?”

“You stupid girl,” He said as he began to choke up and I was at a loss for words “You can’t do that to me Mira and you can’t do that to dad. You can’t do that to any of us do you understand how worried we were?!”

“You –”

“Yeah I know,” Jongdae nodded “I don’t understand but you should understand how they felt!”

“You should have told me,” Chanyeol said softly “If I had known. I’d have been there. You’re not alone Mira.”

“Not alone?” I replied with a broken sob “I’m not even sure who I even am anymore.”

“What the are you talking about?!” Jongdae snapped “You’re my ing sister I don’t care what mom did. I don’t care if you were just one per cent my sister, you’re always going to be my family. My ing home and you’re forgetting the biggest family of them all.”

                Behind Jongdae were the faces of people I didn’t expect to be panting up the bridge and I began to cry harder now.

“We’re your family,” Chanyeol said gesturing behind him “Even the ing stupid as hell ones.”

“Ah cramp!” Baekhyun whined “I can’t be dealing with anymore up hills!”

“You never stop complaining do you?” Jongin rolled his eyes.

“You know what the secret of change is Mira?” Jongdae said softly and I shook my head “It’s focusing your energy on building the new and not fighting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter