Chapter Two:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The First Of Many;

                Later that night, after everyone had gone home and my dad had asked why my clothes were drenched in the hamper and I was scolded for not putting them in the washing machine straight away after I had indeed told him that it was Chanyeol’s fault. I was in my bedroom, staring at the ceiling at the thought of starting the first day of my last year at High school tomorrow.

                Something hit my window and I knew who it was before I even looked – whilst Jongdae had his bedroom window literally opposite Baekhyun’s room; who had to spend weeks of begging his mom to let him have it just for that fact. I was fated to have Chanyeol facing my own, it’s not like I could beg my dad to let me swap rooms because either way, the choice was bad.

I stood up and opened the window, to reveal Chanyeol’s giant grin staring back at me as I sat down on the window seat “What’s up?”

“Something on your mind?” Chanyeol asked as he fiddled with a pen, doodling on the window sill, something that his mom had told him off for thousands of time but seems like he hadn’t learnt that lesson at all.

I raised an eyebrow at him, crossing my arms and resting my chin on the top as I watched him “First day of the last year of high school. How could it not be on my mind? Also you know your mom’s going to kill you for that right?”

“Doing it for the thrill,” The corner of his lips twisted up in a grin as his eyes met mine “What are you worried about?”

“Of course you are I have no idea why I asked,” I shrugged, watching as he continued doodling with a grin “I don’t know, one year closer to college maybe and having no idea what I should do with my life?”

“Mira if there is one thing I have learnt from you over the years is that you are one hell of a last minute person,” He stopped doodling, pressing down on the tip of the pen before chucking it behind him and matching my pose “You’re worrying over nothing and you know it.”

I smiled at him, a genuine smile that I gave him often because whilst he did play me up, when I truly needed reassurance he was there, sometimes even more than my own brother “Thanks, you’re not so bad for a tree.”

“And you’re not so bad for a scheming midget,” He sat up with a smug look on his face “Just think about it; we can play Baekhyun up as much as we want tomorrow.”

“You, my friend,” I stuck my hand out the window “Have one hell of a way of making me feel better.”

He clasped his hand in mine with a laugh “Of course. How else do you think I cheer myself up?”

“On the tears of others. I knew it.”

“Good night Mira.”

“Night Chanyeol.”

~

                It was hard seeing Jongdae go off to his first day of college, just as hard as it had been when he left middle school to go into high school but at the end of the day he was leaving without us and all on his own. I on the other hand was stuck with his two best friends who al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter