Chapter Forty-Three:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Honestly it was a little immature. Okay it was really immature but tying their entire shoe laces together, only opting to leave Yixing and Ari out of it who were still painfully sleeping on the one chair with each other. But the second that Chanyeol had managed to dig a horn out of the attic before anyone had even woken up was probably the best thing ever.

Chanyeol winked at me “Ready?” I nodded and he pressed his finger down on the horn.

                Everyone shot up and as if they were a bunch of domino’s they all toppled onto one another, except for Yixing and Ari who burst out laughing as Luhan had fallen straight into the open arms of Jongin.

“Ow!” Baekhyun groaned as he tried to shove Sehun off him who was cursing under his breath.

“What the hell?!” Minseok was also wedged beneath Jongdae.

Jongdae’s eyes landed on me and Chanyeol who were trying our hardest not to laugh “Oh I’m going to kill you both!”

“Ow Jongdae don’t move!” Luhan tried to stop him but as Jongdae tried to stand up he was back over again.

“Well that’s what you get for not taking your shoes off in the house.” My grandmother said from behind me, causing me and Chanyeol to burst out laughing.

“Mrs Kim!” Jongin clamped a hand to his chest “I’m hurt!”

“Come on,” My grandmother gestured to me and Chanyeol “Let’s leave them to unravel themselves. You too, love birds.” She waved her hand at Yixing and Ari who shot up like the recliner was on fire.

“Mrs Kim you’re not going to tell them off?” Yixing asked.

My grandmother moved towards the counters that were filled with shopping bags and turned to smile at him “Sweet heart, who do you think taught Mira?” Yixing’s jaw dropped.

“Grandma is the master.” I moved towards her and started unloading the shopping; Chanyeol wasn’t that far behind me.

Chanyeol nudged me with his hip “I think you’re very close to taking her title Mira.”

“I approve by the way,” My grandmother turned to face us, leaning against the counter as the others filed in “You two would make a great couple.”

                The realisation of what had happened in the last fifteen to twenty minutes hit me like a cold shower laced with bricks. I staggered back into the counter, almost hitting Chanyeol as everything and everyone came to a standstill. My grandmother had said the worst possible thing at the worst possible moment.

“Grandma I don’t –” Jongdae started, taking a step through the crowd of our friends.

But Chanyeol cut him off “Mira wait!”

                I was already out the back door before they realised I had escaped, grabbing my grandmothers old bike that I had dug out earlier and pushed it out the gate, swinging my legs over it and riding off with just my socks.

~

“Mira!”

                My head snapped around to see Jongin riding behind me on a bike that was a hell of a lot smaller than mine. I had no idea he had even followed me.

“Go away Jongin!” I shouted as I turned a corner.

He of course, followed me “Hell no! Now stop it, woman!”

                I rode into the park and the second the swing sets came into view I pushed myself from the bike, running my fingers through my hair as I sat down heavily on the swing and lodged both hands into my long locks with a long, annoyed groan.

“Mira,” Jongin pushed his own bike down onto mine and stumbled until he was stood in front of me, dropping to his knees with a sigh “Why the hell did you run off?”

“I was so stupid,” I shook my head as he pulled my hands from my hair “I just… I was so caught up in the idea of doing something fun that I forgot I’m not supposed to be doing this with him. It… it hurts too much Jongin.”

“Mira I –”

“Everything is changing but I’m still standing still,” I stood up and moved away from him “What do I do?! Nothing is the same anymore, nothing!”

                He stood up and I felt like I was about to cry, I looked up at the sky and reeled it back in as I noticed dark clouds descending over us.

“I didn’t want this to happen. I didn’t want any of this to happen. How do I make it stop?”

“You can’t stop the inevitable Mira it’s too late.” Jongin pulled me into his chest and my arms dropped at my side.

                Slowly my own world was beginning to crumble around me, I didn’t know what to do and I st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter