Chapter Twenty-One:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Protest of Distaste;

                   Honestly I had no idea why I had even bothered trying to protest in their outing because I thought it’d be weeks later and I had time to plan an escape route but that weekend just turned out to be the next day where I was literally forced to go after giving the option of going of my own free will, with my hair, make-up and outfit of choice or carried to a car in what I had gone to sleep in.

                   The old me wouldn’t have cared, would have scoffed and in that moment I realised that I had changed. I did care if I was unkempt to meet the soccer team so I ended up caving in and now I was stood in the middle of the park field as they all gathered in their football kits.

Clearly my distaste was evident on my face because Luhan placed his hand on my shoulder and gave me an encouraging smile “I can see you’re not happy to be here. Care to share why?”

“For starters I’m not that into soccer,” I reminded him as he nodded, realising that I was right and I was puzzled as to why he had forgot when I protested at them for making me watch them practice for months on end “Secondly I’m not all that fond of some of the soccer team, they’ve been exceptionally rude as well as vindictive to Chanyeol at one point. Don’t say anything though.”

“And then there’s the stuff with Gongchan,” Luhan shrugged as I shot him a look “Jongdae told me. Tough break Mira, honestly they shouldn’t have done that to you but in the end they kind of did you a favour.”

“Why don’t we hang out more?” I asked suddenly, taking him by surprise “Jongdae always goes on about how he’s the mature one but you always seem to understand a lot more.”

“Because I’m an only child and it’s wired into Jongdae’s DNA to pick on his adorable little sister.”

“I’m not adorable.”

“No. You’re right. You’re gorgeous.”

“Oh shut up,” I shoved him and he burst out laughing “I take it back. You’re not mature at all.”

“Hey Luhan!” Zitao bound towards us, throwing an arm over Luhan who was a considerable height shorter than Zitao “Any hot girls you want to introduce me to at university?” I had to hold back the urge to scoff and throw a sarcastic comment at the idiot.

Luhan shrugged as he noticed me tense beside him “I don’t know if anyone is a good enough victim for you.”

“Harsh,” Zitao smirked before he noticed me “Oh hey Mira. I thought you’d be doing something else. Y’know, anti-social stuff.” He waved his free hand as if to shoo me away.

“Believe me I’d rather be doing much worse than standing here right now with your presence,” I said with a stoic expression on my face “But I didn’t really get a choice on that now did I?”

“Whoa what’s with the hostility?” Luhan asked, shrugg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter