Chapter Fifty:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Narrator

                The only thing that Chanyeol received that night was the email from Mira about Jongdae’s intervention with the words ‘I’m tired.’ Attached to it. He didn’t bother her at all that evening thinking that nothing was wrong.

                So the plan continued and Sunday came around, the whole plan to get everyone together was still happening and they all met up at Yixing’s house because it was the only place where Jongdae would turn up without things getting suspicious.

Half of the people who did the videos turned up and they all sat in Yixing’s living room waiting for Jongdae to arrive.

When he did, he kicked off.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Jongdae snapped as he glared at Chanyeol “What the hell is he doing here?!”

“Because we’re here to open your eyes,” Yixing said shoving Jongdae into the room before he locked the door behind him “And we’re not leaving until you watch what we made.”

Jongdae scoffed “What? No Mira?”

Jongin turned to Chanyeol “Did you call her?”

“She was tired after yesterday,” Chanyeol answered with a frown “She had something to do.”

“Great so you’ve all been conspiring against me for what exactly?” Jongdae asked.

“Just sit your god damn down,” Minseok said getting up to drag Jongdae to the other side of the room to sit him down “Because your sister and us have a few words to say to you and for once we want you to listen.”

“If you care about Mira,” Sehun said standing up “You’ll do this.”

“Of course I care about her.”

“Then you really need to see what we have to say,” Yixing said picking up the remote before shutting the lights off “Some of the people who made the video today couldn’t be here but we compiled this together.”

The video started off with Baekhyun who covered his face with his hands on the sofa as Luhan frowned at the boy before rolling his eyes “Do I really have to admit this again because I’m still not over the last load of embarrassment.” Baekhyun said looking directly into the camera.

“For gods sake Baek just do it already.” Sehun snapped and a few chuckles rose in the room.

“Okay so I liked Mira back in middle school,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes “But because Jongdae kept telling people to stop liking his sister I asked him why. He said that he didn’t trust any of us to take care of her properly and honestly it hurt.”

Then it moved to Minseok who shifted uncomfortably “I spent a week trying to come up with the best Valentine’s Day gift for Mira. In the end I gave it to my sister because Jongdae said he wanted to go to university with us and I knew if we ended up rooming together I’d be shunned out. He made me feel like I wasn’t good enough for Mira and to be honest as his friends that really hurt. It felt like he couldn’t trust me.”

It went on like this until it reached Chanyeol and by this point a few people weren’t even paying attention anymore, the air was thick with disappointment.

“When I first saw Mira I knew I was going to like her,” Chanyeol smiled at the camera “I mean who wouldn’t right? She’s smart, funny, and gorgeous as hell and the girl can prank better than any of us. She had so much spark in her and… I just wanted the best for her.”

“But Jongdae is my best friend, one of my best friends and I didn’t want to hurt him,” He shook his head sullenly “It grew harder over the years but I still tried my best to be there for them both. I pushed away my own feelings because I knew Jongdae wouldn’t have liked it. I watched him tell people not to like his sister, deterring them from her and making her seem unlikable basically. I saw how it affected her and I had no idea how I was supposed to tell her that the brother she loved did this.”

Yixing paused the TV and turned to look at Jongdae “Do you understand yet?”

“Is there anymore?” Jongdae asked as he looked at the screen, refusing to look at anyone else.

Yixing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter