Chapter Forty-Two:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                   I sat at my grandmother’s dining room table surrounded by the last people I really wanted to see on a Saturday morning as I stabbed my fork into my grandmother’s delicious pancakes. I honestly had thought that it was just Jongdae that had turned up today but somewhere along the line he had decided to invite our entire circle around. That included a sullen looking Chanyeol at the breakfast bar as my grandmother ed a bottle of ointment his way.

I didn’t fail to notice her whispering to him either.

“We thought you could use the support.” Ari smiled gently, her head resting on her boyfriends – yes, boyfriend – shoulder, Yixing.

“Which you do,” Luhan nodded “And Mrs Kim being the wonderful delight that she is allowed us brats into her beautiful home!”

“Oh Mira,” My grandmother moved away from Chanyeol with a giant smile on her face “You have so many wonderful people in your life.”

“Oh yeah they’re great,” I said sarcastically “Let’s not mention the attack I had this morning.”

“Nothing you’re not used to.” Jongdae smirked.

“You’re such a up,” Minseok murmured from under his breath at Luhan before lifting his fresh cup of coffee to his lips. His eyes rolled back and he let out a sound that had us all shudder at him “Oh my god this is the best coffee I have ever tasted!”

“What happened with your dad,” Baekhyun reached over and placed a hand on my arm “None of us were expecting it. We’re so sorry Mira. Your mother –”

“Doesn’t deserve a daughter like you,” Chanyeol finished from the breakfast bar and Baekhyun scowled over at him “It’s true.”

“This one,” My grandmother placed her hand on Chanyeol’s head, making him jump slightly “I like him very much. I approve.”

I dropped the fork so fast that Jongdae almost fell out of his chair as I groaned and lodged my hands into my hair “Oh god I just want to go back to bed!”

“That could – ow okay Jongdae!” Jongin had Jongdae’s hands lodged in his hair “Okay get off I get it!”

“You let go of that boy right now Jongdae otherwise I’m going to bend you over my knee and believe me you’re never old enough to get a good hiding.” My grandmother warned and Jongdae’s face went red, releasing Jongin immediately.

Sehun burst out laughing and literally almost fell out of his chair, clutching his sides “Mrs Kim if you do that I will go out there and mow your lawn.”

“Oh god it’s rare that he actually wants to do something useful.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

~

                   Unfortunately for Sehun, my grandmother had inspiration the second the idea had left his lips and now all of the guys were in the backyard, doing her yard work for her as Ari and myself sat on her patio set with my grandmother watching them so that they behave.

“Mrs Kim,” Ari set down her cup of tea and smiled at my grandmother “I have never been so glad to see someone put them all in their place so quickly in my entire life. I am in awe of you.”

“Oh honey you’ll learn when you have your own little boy someday,” My grandmother chuckled as Ari flared up “They’re a lot to handle but they have kind hearts. They’re just t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter