Chapter Forty-Seven:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                I was right, today was weird and stupidly long. Not only did Ari choke over the news at lunch but even Yixing was surprised. Half of the soccer team were also shocked and whispering about us, but it didn’t stop there. Whispers fluttered through the halls and I was pretty sure they weren’t nice either.

I stepped out of the locker room at the end of the day and leant against the wall, waiting for everyone else to get out of class when I spotted a familiar car “Crap.” I hissed.

                Jongdae got out of the car, slamming the door loud enough to scare a group of girls that walked past. He shoved his hands in his pockets and walked towards me and dread settled in. One of the guys from the soccer team must have text him.

He stopped when he was stood in front of me “Is it true?” He questioned.

“You’ll have to give me more than that.” I felt a shiver run down my back, he didn’t look happy at all.

Jongdae removed his hands from his pockets and crossed them over his chest instead “About you and Chanyeol, Mira. Don’t beat around the bush.”

“What are you going to do?” I asked him “Keep me wrapped in bubble wrap? Even dad isn’t that bad Jongdae.”

“Yeah, I’m aware that dad’s not like that Mira but he should be,” He scoffed “I’ve been around these guys a lot longer. I know what they talk about when you’re not around. What they say about girls. I don’t want someone like that for you.”

“Chanyeol’s not like that.”

“Come home. Please.” He pleaded with me.

“I can’t do that.”

“Dad wants to talk to you Mira,” Jongdae heaved a long sigh “You need to work this out. You can come home. Please?”

“Why?” I asked him “So I can pretend like my whole life wasn’t a lie? So I can pretend that my brother didn’t warn all the guys to stay away from me and successfully making me live a sheltered life? Why Jongdae?”

“Because I miss you,” He frowned “You’re my sister. My best friend. When will you come home?”

“I don’t know.”

“Is something wrong?” Chanyeol’s voice startled us both and we both turned to look at him “Hey Jongdae.”

Jongdae’s jaw flexed and I knew he was gritting his teeth “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Tell you what?” Chanyeol questioned.

“That you’re dating my sister.”

“Oh,” Chanyeol frowned “You mean Mira? T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter