Chapter Forty-Four:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                I had no idea what to make over what Jongin had said but he was literally the only person who hadn’t lied to me or was keeping something from me and it wasn’t until Monday morning when I saw him sat down at the breakfast table with a sorry smile and a fat lip that I realised he was trying to look out for me in the same way that Jongdae should have.

“It’s not as bad as it looks.” Jongin pointed to his lip.

I rolled my eyes and sank down in the chair opposite him “I was more wondering about what the hell Saturday was about.”

“Isn’t that a little obvious by now?” He cocked his head to the side “I like you Mira. Maybe not in the same way that you like Chanyeol, I want to help you.”

“What do you mean not in the same way?”

“I knew they were going to follow us,” He shrugged as he leant back and I suddenly had to fight the urge to throttle him “All the stuff about Jongdae is true but I didn’t want him to step in like he always does. I wanted to wind Chanyeol up because no matter how many times one of us asks him he never gives us an answer when it comes down to you.”

“So what is this plan of yours?” I asked, intrigued as he smirked like an idiot.

“I’m going to flirt with you as much as I can to see how he reacts. I’ll let you know the verdict the second I figure it out.”

“You’re playing a dangerous game Jongin.”

“Well aware Mira but by now I’m kind of sick of seeing you unhappy and figure it’s about time that you were.”

“You’re too good for me.”

“Oh not true,” He smiled softly “I just want what’s best for you.”

“Ugh hurry up so we can get to school. You’re going soft on me.”

“Always have been.”

~

                I was happy to see that no one had ambushed me in the corridor but I knew that was short lived because Sehun spun around in his chair in my first lesson of the day with an annoying grin on his face that told me someone was up to no good.

“So, you and Jongin?”

“Bite me Sehun.”

He picked up my ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter