Chapter Thirty-Six:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                   Honestly I don’t understand why they couldn’t leave me alone; I was ambushed at my locker at lunch time. Not just by Sehun but by Jongin and Yixing who had his hand firmly laced through Ari’s.

“Just come to lunch with us,” Jongin pleaded “It’ll be fine.”

“It’s beside the point;” I glared at them “I honestly don’t want to.”

“You know that you’re upsetting them right?” Yixing told me and Ari elbowed him in the side “No Ari. She needs to know.”

“You think it’s not hard for me?” I asked “I’ll be back before they know it –”

“They don’t care Mira,” Sehun interrupted “All they want is their friend back.”

“Just drop it okay?” I shut my locker and turned, almost stumbling into Baekhyun who had his arms crossed over his chest.

“You shouldn’t have left,” He told me “Jongdae is devastated. We’re devastated. We get that it’s not easy for you Mira but running away wasn’t solving a problem it was making one. You’re our friend; we care a lot for you. No matter how awkward it is we’ll be here for you. Don’t push us away because of this.”

“And that’s why I’m doing this,” I frowned at him “I’m doing this for the three of you, don’t you get that?” I moved past him and walked off, side stepping around Chanyeol who was hiding around a corner and heading towards the roof.

They needed to give me space.

~

                   I was half-way home when someone appeared at my side, my hand shot out in a self-defence sort of way before my hand was grabbed and Jongin stared at me with wide-eyes.

“What the hell are you doing?” I asked him as I retracted my hand “You scared me. I thought you were attacking me or something.”

“I’m walking home;” He cocked an eyebrow at me “My house is this way.”

“Seriously?” I raised an eyebrow back at him “Where about?”

“This small little Cal-de-sac a few roads over,” He explained as we continued walking “It’s nice, quiet but the people are friendly.”

“Wait,” I frowned at him “Do you happen to know a Mrs Kim?”

“Other than my mother?” He smirked and I shoved him “I know of a Mrs Kim. She’s a lovely, hilarious old woman next door, why?”

“That’s my grandmother,” I groaned loudly as we took the same turn “I moved to get away and now I’m stuck with you?!”

“Oh!” He beamed widely “You’re Mrs Kim’s grand-daughter! She always tells me about her grandkids that got her mischievous behaviour,” He winked at me “Hello neighbour.”

“Ugh,” I wanted to pull my hair out “I hate this already.”

“I’m coming over to say hello,” He said as we came to the start of the road “I love her cherry pie. She brings it over when she knows my mom’s having a bad day.”

“Yeah she’s a saint.” I narrowed my eyes at him as I opened the gate in the front yard, he followed me of course.

He beamed as I opened the door and took his shoes off “Well whilst Jongdae loses I gain.”

“The hell is that supposed to mean?” I narrowed my eyes at him.

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter