Chapter Fifteen:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The Date;

                   I ended up spending a little more time than usual on my make-up the next morning, I had no idea how I felt about the captain of the soccer team but I knew that I was nervous and that I should make an effort. I also made sure to pack my make-up into my bag just in case anything happens and I have to touch it up.

It didn’t go unnoticed though.

“Did you do something different?” Jongdae asked as he dropped his spoon into his now empty bowl of cereal.

I scoffed at him as I made my own bowl “Do something different with what?”

“He’s right,” Baekhyun nodded as he also scanned by face “You look different.”

“It’s not your hair,” Chanyeol lifted a strand of my hair as to which I slapped his hand away for “It’s your make-up.”

“Get lost,” I shoved him away and he chuckled at me “I’m trying something new.”

“Any specific reason?” Baekhyun tilted his head to the side.

Jongdae nudged Baekhyun with his elbow “Or any specific someone?”

“No way,” The tall giant denied it immediately with a laugh “She’s around us all day.”

“True.” Baekhyun was quick to agree, earning a slap around the head by me.

“Oh shut up, you’re reading into things too much.” I dug into my bowl of cereal as they continued to throw jabs at me over how much effort I had put into my looks that morning.

                   I somehow had to figure out a way to get them off my back at the end of school too considering we walk home together. I think I had the perfect person for the job.

“Why me?” Ari asked as I waited by her locker.

I clasped my hands together with a pleading look on my face “Because you know what they’re like. If I asked Sehun or Jongin they’d want to know the real reason as to why I need their help. I don’t want them to know.”

“I can see the problem,” She closed her locker and clutched the books to her chest “But how can I help?”

I smiled widely at her, setting my hand onto her shoulder “You, my friend are going to play a damsel in distress.”

                   The look on her face said it all, that she wasn’t happy to be a part of an elaborate plan that would also turn into a prank. I was going to get Ari to pretend that she needed help with taking equipment back to the store room at the end of the day and hopefully, with any luck she manages to lock them two in there whilst I get to leave with Gongchan. It was going to be easy. Or so I had hoped.

~

                   It was a long day and the looks that I kept getting from Gongchan were enough for me to feel far too nervous. The others didn’t seem to catch onto anything and when the end of the day came around; Ari sent me a text to say that they were distracted.

Gongchan appeared next to me outside of school, leaning over my shoulder as I replied to Ari “Something wrong?”

I looked at him with shock and shoved my phone into my pocket “No, I was just making sure Ari was okay.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter