Chapter Twenty-Three:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

In Disbelief;

                   When I thought that things had gone back to normal I was overly glad that I didn’t hold my breath because it hadn’t. The argument yesterday had created a split so wide that I was scared it would never close back up.

                   I avoided Jongdae but it wasn’t difficult because he avoided me, not to mention the fact that he wasn’t talking to my dad but the feeling was mutual there too. I had every intention of staying well away from the soccer team, maybe with the exception of Yixing.

Baekhyun was the first to talk when I grabbed a slice of toast that Monday, after having being utterly shunned by Jongdae “Mira, I’m so sorry.”

“Baekhyun don’t,” I waved my hand as I bit into my toast “It’s not your fault so don’t apologize.”

“Have you spoken to Jongdae?” Chanyeol asked.

I shook my head “I have no intentions of doing so to be perfectly honest.”

“And he hasn’t even tried?” Baekhyun shared a look with Chanyeol as I moved past them, ready to leave the house.

“Nope.” I opened the front door and hopped off the front step into the cold morning, I wasn’t in the mood to talk about it to be honest.

Baekhyun grabbed my arm and made me stop before I even reached the end of the foot path leading up to my house “Mira, he’s your brother. You two have never not spoken for more than twenty-four hours. Don’t let someone else come between your own family.”

I frowned at him, my eyes darting to his hand which was slowly removed as he reached up to run his fingers through his fading pink hair “That’s exactly my point Baekhyun he is my brother,” As if I needed to remind them of that “His best friend got tackled in a friendly game by two people who have had it out for him for weeks. He should have stood up for his best friend and then he pushed me over. He didn’t even apologize and now it’s like it’s my fault? I’m not letting anyone come between my relationships Baekhyun, he is.” I turned around again and continued walking.

“That’s what I mean though,” Baekhyun let out a huff “Chanyeol let me go I have a point to make. Listen Mira, Jongdae is stubborn he’s not going to let up unless you go first.”

“And apologize for what?” I frowned at him “For the soccer team hurting his best friend? I’m not apologizing Baekhyun.”

“I don’t think Yifan and Zitao had anything malicious in mind though.” Baekhyun own

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter