Chapter Thirty-Seven:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Morning!”

I literally jumped about a foot in the air as I stared at Jongin in shock who was fully dressed for school and sat at my grandmothers kitchen table “Jongin what the hell?!”

“Mira,” My grandmother scolded from the stove “Be nice to Jongin. He’s here to walk you to school.”

I narrowed my eyes at Jongin “Are you sure it’s not to steal my grandmothers breakfast?”

“Okay you caught me;” Jongin winked at my grandmother and she actually giggled “Sue me for loving a woman with good culinary skills Mira.”

“Oh Jongin,” My grandmother ran her fingers through his hair and I fought back the urge to vomit “I wish you were my grandson.” She turned to shoot me a look and my face flared up.

“Could be arranged Mrs Kim.” Jongin then winked at me.

I shuddered uncontrollably “Great. Now I’m going to have nightmares. Go marry Jongdae.”

“Oh Mira,” My grandmother laughed “Your brother is already married to soccer, there’s no time for romance with that boy. You’re my only hope at being a great grandmother.”

I choked on the orange juice I had picked up from the Kitchen table and stared at her with surprise and shock as well as a little bit of disgust “Grandma!”

“Speaking of being my only hope,” She set down a plate of pancakes in front of me and Jongin; then turned to settle her hands on the back of his chair “Could you both possibly do me a favour after school sometime this week?”

“Sure Mrs Kim whatever you need.” Jongin said without missing a beat. I wanted to beat him over the head.

I sighed “Sure.”

“The attic needs sorting out. I’ve already ordered a skip to come by so you can put whatever you think is rubbish in it. Do you think you could do that? You said you wanted a distraction Mira and it’s the perfect opportunity.”

“Okay,” I nodded with the thought of finding lost treasure “Sounds good to me.”

~

“I think it’ll be fun,” Jongin aired as we walked towards my locker “We could be like pirates.”

“For once you actually make something sound fun,” I shoved my bag into my locker and shook my head “We’re going to find some weird stuff up there.”

“Oh man I hope so.” He bounced up and down excitedly.

“Operation obtain Mira is a go!” Baekhyun’s voice h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter