Chapter Thirty-One:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                   The sound of a plastic cup being dropped heavily from the other side of the room had torn my eyes away from Jongdae’s retreating figure. Chanyeol had dropped an empty plastic cup as he eyed me from head to toe, he had just come through the back door and Baekhyun followed behind him, bumping into the giant with a scowl.

“What the heck Chanyeol?” Baekhyun snapped before he followed his train of thought and almost choked “Holy crap.”

I felt exposed as I smiled awkwardly at them “I blame Ari.”

“What are you wearing?” Chanyeol came closer, forgetting about the plastic cup at his feet and eyed me again.

I snorted loudly “Clothes, I hope.”

“Wow Mira!” Baekhyun came to my other side and claimed my attention as I was aware that Chanyeol was still staring “You look great! Wow – whoa wait has Jongdae seen yet?”

“I swear to god I didn’t touch her!” Sehun’s loud voice filling the air was enough to have Baekhyun nodding.

“He didn’t right?” Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at me.

I shook my head, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear “Like I’d let him touch me. Have some faith.”

“Good,” Chanyeol cleared his throat and tore his eyes away from me “So I’m guessing that Ari is around here somewhere dressed similar?” He noticed me nodding and his eyes fell on me again “She’s not going to get into any trouble right?”

“No,” I shook my head “She’s with Yixing. I’m pretty sure he won’t let her that far from him anytime soon.”

“Oh that’s good,” Baekhyun nodded in admiration “Yixing has the biggest –”

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol snapped and slapped him upside the head “We promised we wouldn’t say anything.”

“That’s okay,” I looked down at my heeled feet “She likes him too.”

“Oh well that works out well then doesn’t it?” Baekhyun smirked before something caught his eye “Oh god,” He shoved his cup at me and wiped his hands on his ripped black jeans “Taeyeon’s here. I’ll see you both later, wish me luck.” He winked at us before disappearing towards the front door.

Chanyeol shook his head “Good kid. Heart in the right place but as dumb as a door nail.”

“He should just be himself,” I set his cup down on the counter behind me and sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter