Chapter Thirty-Nine:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                   I had never been so angry in my entire life, never had I ever been so disappointed in an adult I thought I could trust with everything but he had lied to me for almost my entire life. I stormed to the front door and was happy to see that it was on the catch as I booted it, it swung open as the tears rolled down my cheeks and I breathed in heavily, exhaling just the same as the door whacked into the wall with a loud thud.

“Holy !” I heard Jongdae’s voice from upstairs.

“What the hell was that?!” Baekhyun added.

“Did the wind blow the door open?” It was Chanyeol’s this time.

                   But they weren’t going to distract me as I saw them on the landing from my peripheral just as my dad wondered out of the Kitchen with a frown on his face.

“Mira.” Several voices at once said.

I jabbed a finger at my dad, my hand shaking uncontrollably and he flinched “You lied to me.”

“What are you talking about?” He threw the cloth he was using to dry his hands on over his shoulders and frowned at me.

A broken sob left my throat as I saw Jongdae running down the stairs “You’ve lied to me for most of my life! You should have told me! I can’t believe you kept this from me!” I shrugged off Jongdae’s hands as I moved towards my father “I trusted you!”

“Mira what are you talking about?!” My father snapped.

Two large arms secured themselves around my waist as I thrashed against them “She wanted to die because of me!” I snarled with tears sliding down my cheeks, hiccupping at how worked up I was “I was supposed to die with her! Why didn’t you tell me that it was my fault?!” My father paled, his arms dropping to his side and he knew what I meant.

“Mira stop please,” Jongdae moved in front of me and confirmed my suspicions of Chanyeol being the one that was holding me back. He cupped my face and frowned as he scanned my eyes “What happened? Why are you so worked up?”

“Get off of me,” I told him coldly “How could you?” My eyes moved to my father again “She hated me. She chose between me and Jongdae and decided that you wouldn’t have been able to cope with me like I was disease. She jumped off a bridge and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter