Chapter Forty-Nine:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Are you sure you’re okay to do this by yourself?” Chanyeol asked over the phone the following weekend.

I sighed “I think it’s best if you involve yourself in the intervention.”

“Right,” He sighed “I’ll try my best to help the guys Mira.”

“I’ll do my own video when I get the chance,” I told him “And then I’ll email it to you okay?”

“If you need someone to talk to or you need any support please call me straight away.”

“I will,” I smiled as I swung my backpack onto my back “I’ll call you later with an update over how things went okay?”

“Okay,” He answered quietly “Don’t push yourself Mira.”

                After I hung up I heaved a long sigh, whilst a part of me wished I had asked Chanyeol to come with me I knew it would be best for me to do this on my own and with my bag on my back and my grandmothers address book in my hand I was ready to get going.

                It turned out that my mother’s family lived just on the outskirts of Seoul and had lived within a bus distance for a very long time. I was very upset to learn that I had another whole family I could have been involved in but apparently was never allowed to see.

The bus journey was long and the suspense was killing me but the second I reached the house I knew this was it.

                It was a pristine white house with a white picket fence, the entire garden was filled with flowers and… it was beautiful. Something I knew my mother would have loved, something that wasn’t me.

With an even bigger taste on the back of my tongue I headed up the foot path and with one deep inhale I knocked on the door.

The door swung open to reveal a woman who looked the spit of my mom and my knees buckled “Oh my god,” She whispered as she looked at me from head to toe “Miran.”

“Mira

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter