Chapter Thirty-Five:

Change.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                   My grandmother was warm and welcoming the moment I stepped through the door. She promised me that she’d help me in any way possible to take my mind of whatever it was my dad had failed to mention to her.

                   I usually saw my grandmother every Sunday until I had started back on my last year of high school again. She showed me to my new room and left me so she could catch up with my dad. It didn’t take long to unpack and by the time I had gotten dressed and checked my phone, I had four missed calls off Jongdae, two from Baekhyun and a text from Chanyeol telling me I shouldn’t have left.

I ignored the messages and headed downstairs where my father was just about to leave.

He pulled me on for a hug and my back gently “You let me know if there’s anything you need okay? I love you. Be safe and don’t do anything stupid.”

“I love you too,” I sighed “Take care of them for me.”

He pulled back and frowned at me “And who’s going to take care of me?”

“You’re big enough!” My grandmother swatted him on the arm and he laughed.

My dad laughed at her and shook his head as he opened the front door “Okay. Take care of her for me okay?” He gave my grandmother a stern look “I mean it Mom.”

“I will,” She waved her hand in his direction “Get out so we can do something mischievous.”

“Mom –”

My grandmother shut the door on my dad’s face and winked at me “I figured it was about time you had a crush on one of those boys.” She moved into the Kitchen.

I followed her with a frown “What do you mean?”

“They’re polite, kind and they look after you well Mira,” My grandmother tells me as she opens the oven and produces her most famous cherry pie. She set her oven mits down and turned to look at me “Do they like you back?”

“No.”

“Okay let me rephrase that,” She rolled her eyes “Did they tell you?”

“They don’t have to,” I moved to the backdoor and looked over her beautiful garden “I already know it’s impossible. I’m not pursuing it. He’s Jongdae’s friend.”

“And you don’t want to make things awkward.”

“Exactly.”

“But what about you?”

I turned to look at her, she was wise and beautiful. I loved my grandmother so very much “What about me?” But I felt like she wasn’t getting the picture.

“Mira,” She laughed as she took my hand gently “You’re so selfless that you’re too busy worrying about Jongdae and his two friends that you’re not thinking of yourself,” She turned my hand over until my palm was facing on and set her other hand on top of it, looking at me sternly in the eye “How

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter