Chapter 12 Ready To Love Again (Only You My Exception)

Ready To Love Again (Only You My Exception)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I still can’t believe you won the competition last night, Tae…” Sunny joyfully spoke, when Taeyeon met the others inside the ballroom, where all the competitors, judges, and some of important people gathered with them.

 

 

The room was indeed filled with the competitors’ great art, especially Taeyeon, Yuri and Kevin’s drawing that were placed at the very front of the room.

 

 

“Seriously, me too…” Taeyeon looked to them one by one with a big smile on her face. “I can’t do this without you girls support… thank you so much for your contribution in ‘pray for Taeyeon success’ all this time…”

 

 

The others chuckled with her words, as Hyoyeon said, “It’s my pleasure to be one of your list, Tae…”

 

 

They continued again with their happy mood.

 

 

Not long after that, Yuri and Soon Shin approaching their group, “Hye, girls…”

 

 

“Owh… hye Yuri… hye, uncle…” greeted them politely.

 

 

“It’s been a long while, isn’t it, girls…?” Soon Shin retorted.

 

 

Sunny, Hyoyeon and Seo Hyun nodded, agreed with his words, as Taeyeon just kept quiet, because she’s not part of the ‘family reunion’ conversation.

 

 

“Anyway, dad… let me introduce you to my friend, Kim Taeyeon…”

 

 

“Yeah, we’ve met…” Soon Shin dorkily said, as he shook hand once again with Taeyeon.

 

 

“Y-yeah…” Taeyeon uttered, added an awkward chuckle.

 

 

“You know what, Taeyeon…? This my daughter over here, always kept talking about you to me.”

 

 

“Dad…” Yuri tried to stop her father, her face full of redness, as the others chuckled with them.

 

 

“She kept on telling me, I need to see and meet you one day. You know that her late mother always being a storyteller for her before she went to sleep,”

 

 

Both Soon Shin and Taeyeon looked to Yuri who’s already wanted to explode her head, too much discomfit with her father telling her secret towards Taeyeon one by one.

 

 

“But as her mother passed away when she’s still too young, I’m the one doing the job… and that’s not for long when one day she met you…”

 

 

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows, but still impatiently waiting for Soon Shin’s next words.

 

 

“Okay, dad… Stop it~” she sounded like singing. She once again tried to stop her father, because she knows the next words from him, probably will makes her more embarrassed.

 

 

“She’s the one who’s being my storyteller, and almost every night she will tell me about you…”

 

 

“Owh, really…” Hyoyeon dorkily said, interrupted the teasing-for-Yuri moment.

 

 

It’s not just Yuri who’s in embarrassment right now, someone joined her already, it’s Taeyeon.

 

 

“Whew… that’s really one of a big secret ♪ ” Sunny said, playfully bumped her elbow with Yuri.

 

 

Soon Shin can’t hold it, as he’s laughing towards both of the girls in front of her, shyly lowered their head.

 

 

When there’s a bunch of violist consist of three people playing a soft music at one of the corner inside the room, they’re went to silent.

 

 

But not for the rest of the guest of course.

 

 

Suddenly, when everything back to calm again, Soon Shin said something to Taeyeon, “Taeyeon, I’ve heard about your mother… I’m sorry for you…”

 

 

“Oh well… it’s okay. I am really grateful to have a bunch of people surrounding me who really can took care of me, just like what my mom did before, especially your daughter and her friends…”

 

 

Soon Shin smiled with how thoughtful and solicitous Taeyeon are.

 

 

“What’s your mother’s name…?” Soon Shin suddenly thought of that question, and he just blurtered it for his unstoppable curiousity.

 

 

“Do Yeon.”

 

 

Soon Shin almost felt like the room spinning round.

 

 

“Kim Do Yeon…”

 

 

Now he felt like he just got clubbed on the head with a Louisville Slugger. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing comes out.

 

 

“Soon Shin ah…” someone went to their space, as Soon Shin take a look at his back. One of his college friends approaching him, with the G4 that Taeyeon and her other friends know.

 

 

“Owh, Henry yah…!” Soon Shin called out his name, as both of them hugging towards each other.

 

 

“How are you, chinggu ah…?” asked Soon Shin.

 

 

“Not too bad, not too bad…” Henry answered, as they released from their hug.

 

 

“Come on, we need to go further from these girls here…” Soon Shin spoke, makes the girls laughing awkwardly, then made his way with Soon Shin a little bit far away from them.

 

 

“So, seems like your business becoming more successful than before, huh?” Henry started their conversation, while patted softly to Soon Shin’s shoulder.

 

 

“Did you still meet with Min Jung…?” Soon Shin suddenly asked him, with serious face.

 

 

“Ah…? N-no, I don’t… it’s been a long while since I met her.” Henry lowered his head, stir the wine inside his glass with spinning the glass.

 

 

“So, that’s mean, you didn’t know what happened to her… I mean, Kim Do Yeon…”

 

 

Henry looked again to Soon Shin, he looked like in the merge of getting tears or something.

 

 

“I-I don’t…”

 

 

“I’m scared, Henry… I’m so scared…”

 

 

“What is it…?”

 

 

“I think, I’ve met her… my daughter.”

 

 

“Y-you mean, your daughter, with her, Do Yeonie…?”

 

 

Soon Shin nodded, then he kept quite.

 

 

“Why? At last, you finally met her, after a long while. You should meet them, clear all these things that what actually happened to you. For god sake, it’s been more than 20 years, Soon Shin ah…” Henry sternly said.

 

 

“Henry ah… when I ask her about her mother, she said, she’s already… gone.”

 

 

“Oh my god… Soon Shin ah… I-I… I’m so sorry…”

 

 

“What have I done to them…?” Soon Shin said, already with his teary eyes, as Henry pulled him to the emergency staircase.

 

 

“Listen here, Soon Shin ah… you’ve done nothing wrong towards them. You’re just being the victim of those propaganda…”

 

 

“I don’t know, Henry… I really don’t know what to do.”

 

 

“Okay, I will help you to investigate this matter. I will meet her to ask about everything for what happened, even if I have to search for Min Jung around South Korea… I promise you.”

 

 

“Henry ah… you don’t understand… it’s really her, she’s my daughter. I can see through her eyes. I can feels something when I touched her. Her hand, just like how I touched it when she’s still a baby. And, her eyes, really like her mother’s…”

 

 

Henry squat in front of Soon Shin who’s already took his sit at the stair.

 

 

“Soon Shin ah… let’s just tell her about this, your daughter. You should meet with her again, just both of you.”

 

 

“But, what if she knows the truth, and she didn’t want to accept me…?”

 

 

“She’s your only heir for your marriage with Do Yeon, Soon Shin…”

 

 

“…”

 

 

“Talk to her, slowly, but clearly… she’s your daughter… if you can’t fix your mistakes towards Do Yeon, surely you can fix it with accepting her to your new family.”

 

 

Soon Shin just sat still, clutching to both of his hands tightly.

 

 

When both of them still in the emergency stair, the other nine girls that gathered around still awkwardly silent, looking towards each other.

 

 

“So,” Yoona started, makes the rest of them payed attention to her.

 

 

“Yuri unnie, Taeyeon unnie, congratulations for your award-winning in this big Asian Art Competition… moreover, both of you bring proud of our country…”

 

 

“Thank you…” Yuri and Taeyeon said, almost unison.

 

 

“Seems like you will be not working at the restaurant anymore, right Taeyeon…?” asked Soo Young.

 

 

“About that, maybe… maybe not… I don’t know, still didn’t make any decision for now.” Taeyeon honestly told them.

 

 

“You should pay attention more to your new career now, Taeyeon ah… remember? You’re now an artist for one of a big company in Asia…” Hyoyeon dorkily said.

 

 

“I just need some times to think about it.” Taeyeon answered shortly.

 

 

“Anyway, what’s your girls’ relationship with uncle Henry…?” asked Sunny to Tiffany’s group.

 

 

“He’s my father…” Tiffany answered.

 

 

“W-what…? Your father? How come I didn’t know about it? I just know that uncle Henry is my father’s friend, that’s all…” Yuri interrupted, shocked with the old news that she finally just know that night.

 

 

“Actually, I just knew about it too…” Tiffany said, added an awkward chuckle.

 

 

“…” Yuri continued to keep quiet when there’s nothing anymore she wanna say or tell them. So do the others actually.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ricky… Table 4…” called Min Jung when she noticed there are more new customers went to their restaurant that morning.

 

 

She knows, today Taeyeon and her other best friends will make their comeback few moment more. She’s becoming more nervous. Min Jung really didn’t know how to face to face with Taeyeon, after what she’d told her.

 

 

She’s afraid, Taeyeon will never want to meet her again, because now, she’s already knew the truth.

 

 

She looked to the wall clock. There’s one thing Min Jung really hate. Waiting.

 

 

It’s bad enough waiting around for everyday stuff. But when she’s waiting for something really important? That’s what she called atrocious, aka brutal for youngster. Everything moves in super slow motion. Too freaking out inside her.

 

 

“Mom…?” called one of her son, Hoya that roll up there for a while, before going to his tuition class.

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

“You looks so, what can I say, uncomfortable? Uneasy? Why, mom?” Hoya leaning his body to the desk counter.

 

 

Min Jung didn’t know what should she tell him, so she just decided to go with Old Reliable. “N-nothing…” she smiled assuringly.

 

 

“Is it, about Taeyeon noona…?”

 

 

Hoya’s words, makes Min Jung more obviously showed her nervous and freeze at her sit.

 

 

“Yeah, that’s pretty obvious…” Hoya’s teasingly said.

 

 

“It’s okay… Everything will be fine, mom. You’ve told her, what you should tell her. She will understand it, mom…” Hoya kept told her mom to feels a little bit confident.

 

 

But the freaking scared Min Jung just kept shrugged her shoulders.

 

 

“Anyway, to remind you one of a fact about Kim Taeyeon noona, she’s a grown up lady. Probably she will take this with her strong heart, that we never thought how well she can handle this matter… you know how her behavior since back then, don’t you…?”

 

 

Min Jung just nodded, as she giving another fake assuring smile to her son.

 

 

She still didn’t know what and how she’s going to face with Taeyeon.

 

 

Hopefully, everything will be fine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Morning, oppa…” Sunny picked up the phone from In Guk that morning, when they’re already in the airport, waiting for about an hour before they’re all going to take their flight.

 

 

“Hye, my Sunny bunny…” In Guk playfully said.

 

 

“I can’t wait to meet you back, oppa…”

 

 

In Guk thankful that Sunny didn’t make a video call with him, because now he’s too scared, for how he’s going to tell the truth about Luhan to her, and also to Hyoyeon. He doubt that Sunny will wanna meet him again if she knows the truth.

 

 

“M-me too, babe… So, how’s Singapore…?” In Guk tried to changed the topic.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter