Too Late

I'm a NERD, but he loves me...

Taemin’s POV

 

My life is a mess.

 

I don’t think it still can be fixed.

 

Yesterday, I just graduated from High School and now, I’m marrying someone that I don’t love. This is totally a mess right? But what can I do? I don’t even have a choice. “I’m wondering what’s _____’s doing right now” I sighed. She probably knows that today is the wedding since it’s all over the news already. “Aissh! I really miss her.” I mumbled to myself. If only, ______ would be the one who will walk in the aisle then I don’t have to worry…but life is too cruel for me. I can’t have the woman that I’ve seriously love in my entire life.

 

I’m in my room, staring to nowhere. I can’t believe that I really have to do this. I’m going to marry Sulli for the sake of ______. I go to the bathroom and take a shower then prepare for my wedding.

 

I was busy fixing my tie when someone knocked on the door. “Taemin-ah, Can I come in?”

“Neh~ Eomma.”

Then she entered wearing a simple dress.  “Mianhne~ Taemin-ah.”

“Hmmm, for what?” I asked.

“Sorry if I can’t do anything to get you out of this mess. I even promise you that I’ll do everything to stop this wedding but look at yourself. You’re wearing a tuxedo and after a few more hours, you have to marry Sulli. A woman that you don’t love. I am your mother, and I feel sorry for that.”

“Eomma, this is my choice. I made this decision remember? I know, for now, I don’t love Sulli but I’m hoping that I’ll be able to love her someday.”

My Mom sighed. “Arasso. I just hope that things will be better after this.”

=========================

[WEDDING]

I’m at the altar and waiting for my bride to come. I’m not nervous or excited. My body feels numb right now. The marriage between Sulli and me will really happen…

 

A song started to play and Sulli walks in the aisle. She was indeed gorgeous with the wedding dress that she’s wearing. Well, she’s always beautiful and gorgeous with her own way but I never felt attracted to her. Sulli is the type of girl who gets what she wants since she’s an only child. Her parents spoiled her so much. Looking through Sulli’s face, I saw an expression that I’m not expecting. I was actually expecting that she would be happy since she’ll finally get what she wants but right now, she’s frowning and her eyes…I can see sadness.

 

-----

 

“Do you, Lee Taemin, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to cherish, to have and to hold; and do you promise, forsaking all others, to cleave to her and her alone, for as long as you both shall live?” The priest asked.

 

………………….

 

I….

 

“Wait Father!” Sulli blurted out.

“Mianhne~ to trouble you but we’re not going to continue the wedding. Jeongmal Mianhne~” Sulli said then faced me. “Oppa, Mianhne, I know I’m being childish but I really tried my best to stop this but Appa is so hard-headedand he kept insisting.”

“Sulli..” I ran out of words. I really don’t know what to say.

“Oppa, Sorry to trouble you, for all the things that my Appa has done to you. I’m really sorry. I hope letting you go and letting you not marry me will be enough to forgive me.”

“Omo. This is enough Sulli. Kamsahamnida!” I said and hug her. I was really thankful.

 

“I’m very sorry to bother you but this wedding can’t go on anymore. I can’t marry someone who don’t love me. I don’t want to see the one that I love having a hard time with me. Appa, I know you had given everything that I want but this time, I know that I couldn’t have Taemin. You always tell me that I’m beautiful, lovable and I’m easy to love but what can I do? Taemin wasn’t able to catch my charms. He clearly doesn’t love me and I think I deserve someone else better. Someone who can love me truly. I hope you’ll understand it. Again, I’m sorry everyone.” Sulli said and everyone clapped their hands.

 

“Waaa..my baby had really turn out to be a wonderful lady. I understand Sulli-ah. I respect your decision. I’m sorry if I’ve caused all this trouble. Taemin-ah, I’m sorry as well. I’ve given you a hard time. And to your family, I’m sorry.” Mr. Choi said.

 

“It’s okay, it has been done anyway. The important thing is, it’s over now. So if you don’t mind, I have to leave now. I still have to see ______.”

 

Then I left and went to _______’s house.

-----

[your house]

 

I pressed the doorbell and waited for someone to open the gate but nobody came out.

 

I pressed it again but still nothing.

 

I keep on pressing the doorbell but it seems that nobody’s at home. Then a car suddenly stop and someone came out from it.

 

It was ________’s Eomma.

 

“Eom—Mrs. Hwang, where’s _____?”

“Oh~ Taeminnie, it’s you. I thought today is your wedding?”

“Neh~ but luckily, it didn’t happen.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, Sulli just let go of me. She said that we can’t continue the wedding.”

“Chincha? That’s good for you then.”

“So, where’s _____?”

“________ just left.”

“To where? Is she coming back right away?”

“Anni~ She’ll be gone for your years. We just send her off to the airport.”

 

That’s it.

 

I felt my body weaken after hearing that. She left.

 

“Andwae. Tell me Mrs. Hwang that you’re just kidding me.” I said in disbelief. This can’t be happening.

“Ottokae? That’s the truth. I’m sorry Taemin.”   

“Why did she left so fast?! It’s still early before class starts!”

“Since it’s a new place for her, it will be better if she’ll be able to adapt it before class starts.”

Without knowing it, tears started to fall from my eyes. “Wae? Why does it have to be like this? Why does fate don’t want us to be together?”

 

“I’m really sorry Taemin but it will be better to just let her go. She’ll find a new path for her life and it will be better if you’ll do the same.”

 

 

“Ottokae? I really don’t know what to do.” I said and left.

-------

This is really cruel. All I wanted is to be with her. Is it really wrong to love her that’s why fate keeps pulling as apart? No matter who she is, I accepted her whole-heartedly even if many people are against it. That’s right, she’s a nerd just like what other people called her but what can I do? She’s the one that I love. But no matter how much I love her, it’s just not enough; I still can’t have her…

=====

THE END!

 

 

 

 

Just kidding.

 

 

Originally, I plan this story to have a sequel but I change my mind. I can’t make another story since class will start in two weeks time and besides I still have my Jaejoong fic. .. Just wait for this story to be finish.kekeke:))