Leaving.

I'm a NERD, but he loves me...

Your POV

 

A week had passed and all I can feel is pain. I go to school then go home. I always see Taemin in school and we just both pretend that we didn’t know each other. In fact, he’s always with Sulli and doing his role as her fiancé. I just ignore it. At least, there will be no more reason for me to stay.

 

Just wait a little longer ______.

 

A few more days and this will be over.

 

==

Thank God. Today is Saturday and I don’t have to go to school. Home is the only place where I find peace. I’m glad that I’m back to the old me. The me, who loves to study and not just someone who loves Taemin. I admit. I still love him. The feeling that I have for him cannot be easily erased. If only this feeling can be erased by sleeping then by the time I wake up, I already don’t love him. That will be great right? Loving won’t be so much painful when the time comes that you have to let go.

 

“______, do you really have to leave?” My mom asked then takes a sip from her coffee.

“Neh~ this is what I want before right? That’s why I applied for it.” I answered and bite the cookie that my Mom baked for me.

“But you can just study here. There are lots of schools that you can choose.”

“But none of those schools can be compared to Harvard and besides it will be a nice experience for me to go abroad, to meet new people and to adapt to a new place. I can experience to live independently. To be able to survive own my own. “

My Mom sighed. “It seems that your mind will not change anymore. Well, you have a point, you will learn to grow all by yourself but you can’t deny to me the fact that you just wanted to run away. Run away from the fact that Taemin is going to marry Sulli.”

“Maybe you’re right but it doesn’t matter to me. I know, I can be able to forget Taemin. It may take a lot of time but I know I will.”

“Arasso. I don’t want to see you hurt anymore maybe this is also a good thing for you. By the way, your passport and visa is already done. Your Dad had already booked a flight for you. After your graduation you can leave.”

I smiled. “Chincha? The graduation will be this coming Monday already. It also means that I can leave this coming Tuesday?”

“Neh~ If you want to.”

“Of course! I would love to.”

“You better start packing your things. You only had 3 days.”

“Neh~ Eomma!”

===================

Taemin’s POV

 

I am having a hard time. It was really hard for me. Pretending that you don’t know her while in fact, you are dying to go to her and just hug her like there’s tomorrow. We are happy before. But what happen now? I can no longer hold her in my arms.

It’s been a week since the Mr. Choi set me free from being his prison. My Mom knew that he’s the one who took me but the Choi’s are powerful enough for the authorities to be afraid from them. And with the fact that I was home safe, they can’t do anything to Mr. Choi and just let him slip off. It actually doesn’t matter to me whether he’ll be jail or not. My only concern is ________. Maybe she’s mad at me and I’ll never be forgiven. If she only knows that I’m doing this for her.

 

This is the only thing that I can do. It will be better if I’ll let go of her and just let her achieve her dreams. My Mom was actually against with my decision but I guess letting her go will be the best thing to do. Maybe we’re not just meant to be together. I know she’ll be able to find her happiness someday and if God will allow it, I hope I can find mine too. Whether it’s with Sulli or someone else, I just hope and pray that I can be happy someday because right now, my heart is in pain. I miss ______ so badly. I just want to run after her and hold her, making sure that she can’t go away from me.

=====

 

Your POV

[graduation day]

I was happy that I’ll be able to graduate, but at the same time I have to let go and leave. Although, I was bullied during my stay here, in my own school, I still felt happy. It was great a honor to be this year’s valedictorian. All my hard work was worth it. At least, I didn’t receive this award just because I’m the daughter of the owner of this school. They call me Nerd right? So this award just fits to me.

 

As I was called to the stage to have my valedictory speech, I suddenly felt nervous. Standing in front of more than a thousand students is not a joke. I cleared my throat and started my speech.

 

To my beloved teachers, students, and classmates as well my Mom and Dad, I want to say thank you for those times that we had spent together. The four years in this high school was great. You had made learning to be fun and memorable. I can’t think of any other words to say. I just felt so happy right now. I had made a lot of good and bad memories in this school. I know, many of you don’t like me but I still respect you. They say, you can’t please everybody. In this school, I finally learn to fall in love, although it doesn’t end to be a happy ending, I still don’t regret it. During those short periods of times, I felt happy and loved.

As we, students, leave the four corners of our classrooms, this school, I hope that each and every one of us will choose the right path. We are already more than a half way ‘till we finished studying and I hope all of us can be successful someday. Don’t let every opportunity slip away because it only comes once.

 

I’m on the verge of tears by the time I’ve finished my speech. It is true that everything has end.

 

It has to be ended.

 

After this day, I have leave and face life by myself.

 

The ceremony continued and each student was called to get his or her diploma. With more than a thousand students, giving and receiving diplomas took two hours and a half. There are some special performances made by non- graduating students. The principal who is my Dad and some teachers also gave their speech. And after more than four hours of sitting the ceremony finally ended.

 

“Congratulations! Sweetie! I’m so proud of you.” My Mom said and hug me.

“Komawo Eomma.”

“And this is for our Valedictorian of the Year.” My dad said and gave me a bouquet of flowers.

“Waaaaa..Thanks Appa. This is so beautiful.”

“You’re welcome ______-ah.” My dad said.

“So shall we go now?” My Mom asked.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Your graduation just ended; of course we have to celebrate! And a farewell celebration as well.” My mom said.

“Eomma, don’t talk like I’m going to die soon.”

“I’m not! I’m just sad that you have to leave tomorrow and besides, this is the first time that you’ll be gone far away from us.”

“I’ll be back Eomma. You can visit me if you want.  But one thing is for sure, I won’t let this opportunity go to waste. I’ll work hard and achieve my dreams. I’ll prove everybody that I’m not just a nerd.”

“Arasso. Arasso. Let’s go now. We’re going to be late for our reservations.” My Appa said.

 

 

The night was filled with laughter as well as tears. My Mom can’t stop herself from crying because it’s hard for her to accept to that I have to leave. I felt bad for her. But we laugh together remembering the times that we had spent together during my stay in our school.

==========

 

[the next day at the airport]

“Eomma,Appa, Take care of yourself ok? Don’t over work yourself.” I said to my parents.

“Yah! We are the one who should be saying that!.” My Mom said.

I grinned. “Wae? Don’t I have the rights to tell that?”

Then my Mom started to cry again. “My baby will leave us. Oh My god, I still can’t believe it.”

“Eomma, I’m leaving because of school duh. Don’t cry like you’ll never see me again.”

“You can’t blame me. You’re my one and only daughter. It’s hard for me to be away from you.”

My Dad sighed. “Yeobo, you’ll soon be used to it. This is for our daughter’s future. I know she will succeed with this.”

My Mom wiped her tears. “Arasso. Take Care of yourself okay? Eomma loves you so much.”

“I know Eomma. I love you too as well as you Dad.” I said and hug both my parents.

 

Calling all passengers going to Massachussets…

 

“Omo.That’s my flight. I have to go now Eomma and Appa.”

“Arasso. We’ll miss you”

“Me too” I said ang hug them again for the last time.

 

This is it.

 

I’m leaving…

 

At the same time, Taemin is…

 

 

 

 

 

marrying Sulli.

==========

 

I'm sorry for not updating in a while and to keep you waiting.kekeke.

I'm too lazy to write an update.hehe.

 

Anyway..I hope this is enough.

 

I really want to end this story. I think, it's too long already.hehehe

Comments are loved!:)

-sorry for any mistakes-