I can't

I'm a NERD, but he loves me...

Taemin's POV

 

I am reading a book when I heard a knock on the door. "Taemin-ah, Can I come in?" I heard my Eomma said.

"Neh~ Eomma" I said and kept the book that I am reading.

"So...I assume you had found out the news already." She said and sat beside me on my bed.

"Neh~ and you know what, I found it out from ________."

"WHAT? Did she get mad at you?".

"Of course!! I thought she's going to leave and break up with me but luckily we were able to fix the misunderstanding before it get worst.

“That’s a relief. But we still need to stop the wedding. I haven’t talk to your Dad and he seems to avoid me. And one more thing, I think, we will be having another family dinner with the Choi’s. I’m sure.. the wedding preparations will be discuss there.”

“What?? I’m not going to attend that dinner. Eomma….I don’t want to marry someone that I don’t love.”

“You have to attend there Taemin..it will show disrespect to the Choi Family if you don’t attend. Don’t worry I’ll do everything just to stop the marriage. If we have to leave this house..we will. If I have to threaten your Dad that I’m going to remove all my stocks in the company, I will do it just to stop that stupid wedding that your Dad is planning.”

“Dad has really gone out of his mind. How can he be so selfish? So greedy?? He is selling me just to get what he wants.” I said.

“I really have to talk to your Dad. Oh~ I have an idea. Bring _____ to the dinner with the Choi Family. Let us show them that you have already someone you love. Then maybe they will be the one to cancel the wedding.”

“Arasso..I’ll tell ______. I just hope that this marriage thing will end soon.”

“Just wait a little longer Taemin-ah.. Everything will be fine and we’re going to win this battle.”

“I hope so Eomma..” I sighed.

================

 

Your POV

 

I am in my room..thinking..and being paranoid again. I just can’t help it, different thoughts keep flooding my mind. What if fate doesn’t want Taemin and I to be together?? What if we are really not meant to be?? We are still young and as time goes by, we will meet a lot of people. There are lots of what if’s and I don’t know what to believe. Only time can tell what will happen.

 

“______-ah, Can I come in?” I came back to my senses after hearing a knock and surprisingly it’s my Appa. Well, he usually doesn’t come into my room and talked. It is my Mom whom I always talk. It’s not that we’re not in good terms. It’s just that I’m more close to my Mom.

“Neh, Appa~” I said.

“I heard the news ____-ah. What happen?” My Appa asked.

“That’s all because of Taemin’s Dad. Since he doesn’t want me for his son, he looked for someone more suitable for him.”

“That’s a little bit harsh. So he’s forcing his son to marry someone he doesn’t know or love?” he asked.

“Yes. Taemin doesn’t even know what was reported on the news. It was actually me who told him.”

“Really?? Don’t you think his Dad is becoming so selfish?”

“Well..he is. I don’t know if he’s really concern about his son or he’s just using it as an excuse because he have other motives that’s why he’s setting Taemin to Sulli.”

“Oh~ So Sulli is the name of the girl?? Isn’t she the new transfer student in our school?”

“Yes she is. It’s also a part of Taemin’s Dad’s plan.”

“Does Taemin has to marry that girl?”

“Hmmm…Well, Taemin doesn’t want to marry her.”

“But still, his Dad wants it. What if he oblige or force Taemin to do that?”

“It’s just his Dad who wanted it. Her Mom likes me and she wanted Taemin to be with me.”

My Appa sighed. “Why does your love life has to be like this?? If you can give up this early, then just give up _____-ah. I don’t want you to be hurt in the end.”

 

“This is actually too much for a first timer to be in love. Cruel. But I just can’t easily give up Appa..seeing Taemin fighting for me ..for our relationship. I can’t be the weak type of person. I have to fight for him too.”

“Arasso. We are always here for you.”

“Komawo Appa.” I said and hug my Appa.

 

“Anyway, this is actually not the reason why I came here.”

“What is it Apaa?”

“Well, Remember..when you had submitted your application form for Harvard University?”

“Neh~ Wae?”

“They had sent me a letter telling that you are accepted. You just have to confirm it so they can reserve a slot.”My Appa said and gave me the letter.

“Chincha?? OMO. I didn’t expected it!. I just give it a try. I didn’t know that I will be accepted.”

“My God..______. How can they not accept you? You’re intelligent. You have won different academic competitions.”

 

I applied for Harvard University during the time when I haven’t met Taemin. It was my dream to be able to study in a famous and offers a good quality of education. And now that the opportunity is here..What should I do??

 

“Hmmm..It says here, there’s still less than a month before the deadline of confirming this. I’ll just tell you Appa, what my decision is before the deadline comes.” I said then fold the letter.

“If you accept this..you know you have some sacrifices to do ____-ah.”

“I know Appa. I will think about it carefully.”

“Arasso. No matter what your decision will be, Your Mom and I will always support you.” He said and patted my shoulder lightly.

“Neh Appa..Komawo~”

 

Then my Appa left.

----

 

If I accept it, I have to leave Korea, Taemin and of course my parents.

But then, I will be able to achieve my dream.

 

If I don’t accept it, I will let the biggest opportunity slip.

But then, I might be happily living with Taemin and my family.

 

It’s a matter of choice between my dream and my love ones.

 

I’m afraid that if I accept this opportunity, I’m going to lose Taemin. He might end up marrying Sulli. And that’s one thing that I can’t accept.

 

I can’t leave him.

 

I can’t lose him.

 

I just can’t afford to be without Taemin.

==

Sorry for not updating in a while..~

This chapter should be posted last night..but I think AFF crashed last night. Everything that I had type was lost. I had to retype EVERYTHING today..

 

Leave some comments!:)