Noona Look At Me

Take Me Inside Your Closet

 

Recording Studio, YG Building

 

            Jiyong is currently drowning himself into music. He was continuously writing and composing songs these past three days without even breathing, taking breaks just to eat. He didn’t come up back to the dorm since that day he saw Dara with Il Woo. TOP has been worried about him but Jiyong refused to get out of the recording studio.

 

            So far all the songs that he has made have a bitter ending and nothing seems to go out well. Jiyong is taking a break and sipping coffee that he extracted from the vending machine. It was 3am on a Saturday morning; his thoughts are wandering dangerously to Dara again.

 

 

            Jiyong saw Dara hail a cab and disappear from his sight.

 

            “Jung Il Woo?” Jiyong asked disbelievingly.

 

            “That’s strange.” TOP mumbled. “I didn’t know noona is friends with him.”

 

            Jiyong glared at TOP suddenly. “They don’t look like friends! Didn’t you see how sweet they were?!”

 

            “Yah, waegure?” TOP scratched his head. “Calm down.”

 

            “2ne1 has a dating ban!” Jiyong said furiously. “How can that rabbit date that pretty boy?”

 

            “Uh, ever heard of the word, secret relationship?” TOP asked.

 

            “Hyung!” Jiyong glared at him.

 

            TOP held up both his hands in surrender. “Arasso, arasso. I’m on your side.”

 

            “Aish~!” Jiyong stomped his feet.

 

            “But seriously, Ji.” TOP said. “She can have a secret relationship even if they’re on a dating ban.”

 

            “Wae?? “ Jiyong asked, frustrated.

 

            “Because she’s in love and we idols can’t really date in public that easily.” TOP explained.

 

            “She can’t be in love with that pretty boy.” Jiyong said firmly.

 

            “Wae?” TOP asked.

 

            “Because I’m here!” Jiyong jabbed himself in the chest.

 

            TOP looked sorry. “She can’t remember you either. How can you blame her?”

            “Andwae! Maldo andwae!!” Jiyog shouted.

 

 

            Jiyong threw the coffee that he was drinking; suddenly it doesn’t taste good anymore. Remembering his conversation with TOP about Dara is just as frustrating as it can be.

 

            “Gaaah~” Jiyong slapped a hand on his face. “Stop it.”

 

            Jiyong pressed his forehead on the table and drummed his fingers in the table to drown the frustrating sound that his heart has been making all day long. His phone ringed and he reluctantly answered it.

 

            “YAH Kwon Jiyong!” a girl’s voice screamed over the phone.

 

            Jiyong sit up straight and checked the caller id, it was Kwon Mina his sister. “Oh noona, why are you calling?”

 

            “Yah, what do you mean why am I calling?” Mina asked. “Did you forget what it is today?”

 

            “Uhmm…” Jiyong racked his brain. What date is today?

 

            “You forgot?” Mina asked her voice seems to crack. “Today is my birthday, you punk!”

 

            Jiyong checked the date on his laptop; it is indeed Mina’s birthday. “Aniya~ of course I didn’t forget. It’s still early… so, I didn’t greet you yet.”

 

            “Geojitmal~” Mina accused.

 

            “Seangil chukkahae, noona.” Jiyong greeted her.

 

            “Yah, you better come here at the pension so we can celebrate.” Mina threatened Jiyong. “Or I will never forgive you.”

 

            “Arasso.” Jiyong sounded defeated. “I’ll be there later.”

 

            Jiyong was about to hang up when Mina shouted, “Don’t forget to bring your girlfriend; I’m dying to meet her.”

 

            “Mou?!” Jiyong asked. “I don’t have a girlfriend.”

 

            “TOP said your heart is not in the right place right now because you’re worrying over a girl.” Mina said happily. “So, I assume you’re in love.”

 

            Aish~ that hyung! Jiyong thought. “Yah! That doesn’t mean I have a girlfriend.”

 

            “Just bring her!” Mina said happily.

 

            “Whatever.” Jiyong hung up.

 

 

YG Building, Parking Lot

 

 

            Jiyong was trying to locate his car in the huge parking lot of YG building when he saw Dara standing over next to a red convertible. She seems to be going somewhere and she’s talking sweetly over the phone. Jiyong sneaked closer to her and tried to listen to her conversation.

 

            “Il Woo-ah, eodiya?” Dara asked over the phone and Jiyong glared behind her upon realizing whom Dara is talking to.

 

            “Eh?? I thought you’re free today?” Dara pouted and took the car key out her bag.

 

            Dara’s shoulder slumped and she looked really disappointed. “Guere? Arasso~ I’ll see you some other time then. Be safe.”

 

            Jiyong can’t help but feel really irritated. Dara seems to look really disappointed; she opened the car door and Jiyong appeared in front of her.

 

            “Oh, annyeong!” Jiyong said coolly. “What a coincidence.”

 

            Dara was startled by Jiyong’s presence. “What are you doing here?”

 

            “Nega?” Jiyong pointed at himself and smiled as innocently as he can. “I was just passing by and looking for my car.”

 

            Dara glanced at Jiyong’s backpack. “Arasso.”

 

            “Where are you going?” Jiyong asked, trying to look unconcerned.

 

            “I was just going for a little road trip.”  Dara replied and smiled.

 

            “Oh, you’re going to meet your namja chingu.” Jiyong nodded but deep inside him he hated that word.

 

            “Eh??” Dara flushed a deep red, the way she usually do when she’s caught red-handed. “Aniya~~”

 

            Jiyong stepped closer. “Tsk, tsk. You’re lying. It’s Il Woo, right?”

 

            Dara’s eyes went wide and Jiyong was caught off guard. “H-how did you know?”

 

            “We happen to see you with him, TOP hyung and I.” Jiyong shrugged and looked away.

 

            Dara took Jiyong’s hand and made her pleading eyes. “Don’t tell anyone. I’ll be dead.”

 

            Jiyong’s heart thumped louder, this is the first time she was holding him again. “Don’t worry, you’re safe.”

 

            “Gumawo, Jiyong-ssi!!” Dara jumped happily.

 

            Just then an idea formed in Jiyong’s mind. “Kaja!”

 

            “Eh??” Dara looked puzzled as Jiyong held her hand so tight and dragged her towards another car, this time a black sedan.

 

            “Come with me for today, neh?” Jiyong smiled happily.

 

            “Why are you kidnapping me again?” Dara whined.

 

            “I’m not kidnapping you; I’m borrowing you for today.” Jiyong smiled evilly. “Since you and I have a secret.”

 

            “Yah!” Dara slapped Jiyong’s shoulder. “You’re blackmailing me now.”

 

            “Ow!” Jiyong winced. “Yah, the last time you hit me I ended up unconscious.”

 

            Dara bit her lip when she remembered what she has done. “Mianhe~ Aigooyah~~”

 

            “Jebal, noona.” Jiyong smiled and made beautiful eyes. “Come with Ji for a while.”

 

            Dara blushed, it’s the first time she’s seeing Jiyong’s aegyo. “Arasso, but only if you call me noona from now on!”

 

            “Assa!” Jiyong punched the air in triumph.

 

           

            Dara went inside the car and Jiying drives swiftly, showing off how a man should drive his car but Dara doesn’t seem to notice because she keeps talking about how she wants to eat carrots all day. Jiyong happily listened to her because even though Dara can’t remember him, she definitely is the same Dara that love carrots and on the verge of wishing that she was a rabbit in her next life.

 

            “Jiyong-ah, where are we going?” Dara asked. She looked out of the window and they don’t seem to be in Seoul anymore.

 

            “Today is my sister’s birthday.” Jiyong explained. “We’re going to my parent’s pension house down in Jeju Island.”

 

            Dara seemed excited. “Jeju? Woah~ it’s been a while since I last went there.”

 

            “You’ll love it there.” Jiyong gave his boyish smile that reveals his carefree side and Dara can’t do nothing but stare, another first where she can see the new side of Jiyong.

 

            They were silent for the rest of the journey and the two of them just seem to regard each other’s presence. Dara brightened easily when she saw the pension house located near one of the beaches.

 

            “’Daebak!” Dara got out of the car and looked marvellously at the place. “Jiyong-ah, is this all yours?”

 

            “Neh, Da— noona.” Jiyong smiled.

 

            “It’s so beautiful…” Dara threw her arms up and felt the wind by her face.

 

            “JIYONG-ah~!!!!!” Mina came running towards Jiyong and engulfed her brother in a huge hug. “You came!”

 

            Jiyong entangled his sister from him and smirked. “Of course I did, I value my life.”

 

            “Where’s my present?” Mina inquired.

 

            “At the trunk.” Jiyong replied.

 

            “Good, good.” Mina laughed and them she spotted Dara who was looking at their sibling love. “OMO!”

 

            “Annyeonghaseyo~” Dara bowed. “Saengil chukkahamnida~”

 

            “Noona, meet Dara noona.” Jiyong introduced them. “This is my older sister, Kwon Mina.”

 

            “I didn’t know she’s your girlfriend!” Mina said her hands covering in shock.

 

            “Mou?!” Jiyong asked shocked. “Aniya~~”

 

            “Aniyo~~” Dara shook her head and was looking at Jiyong for help because Mina is now hugging her tightly like she’s welcoming her sister-in-law.

 

            “Aish~ I told you I don’t have a girlfriend.” Jiyong said exasperatedly.

 

            Mina is still smiling wide and was holding Dara’s hand. “But I told you bring your girlfriend today so I am expecting she’s your girlfriend.”

 

            “That doesn’t mean she’s my girlfriend. She’s not.” Jiyong said. Well, not yet. Not anymore.

 

            “But I like Dara.” Mina smiled. “Nice to meet you, sister-in-law.”

 

            Dara smiled awkwardly. “Nice to meet you but really, Jiyong and I are not what you’re thinking.”

 

            Mina’s face fell in disappointment. “Oh, I guess you already have a boyfriend.”

 

            “Aniyo~~” Dara panicked even more.

 

            “Jinjja?” Mina asked.

 

            “N-neh.” Dara lied.

 

            “Arasso, let’s pretend you’re my sister-in-law today, neh?” Mina clapped happily. “Kaja, the food is ready.”

 

            Mina led the way and Jiyong walked side by side with Dara towards the huge pension house.

 

            “Noona, mianhe.” Jiyong sighed. “My sister can be stubborn and childish at the same time. I’ll explain it to her late.”

 

            “Gwenchanna, she just… has a lot of energy.” Dara giggled despite herself.

 

            Jiyong smiled, happy that Dara is cheerful. “You should taste mom’s cooking.”

 

            After what seems like a decade of fussing over Dara, thanks to Mina, they have managed to eat a proper dinner with the whole Kwon Family. Dara seems awkward at first but then Mina’s character seems to be really compatible with her and soon enough they were laughing crazily. Jiyong’s mom has cooked dishes with lots of carrots and it was enjoyed by Dara.

 

            They were about to go back home when thunder resounded over the whole place followed by lighting and heavy rain.

 

            “Omo!” Dara closed her eyes and held on Jiyong.

 

            Jiyong almost jumped too, not because of the cold rain but because of the close proximity with Dara. “Gwenchanna, noona…”

 

            “Aigoo~ you can’t travel in this kind of weather.” Mina said.

 

            “You can stay here for the night.” Jiyong’s dad suggested.

 

            Dara was surprised. “Aniyo, I can’t impose myself like that.”

 

            “We have plenty of rooms.” Jiyong’s mom smiled. “Don’t worry dear.”

 

            “Plus, you can borrow my clothes.” Mina smiled.

 

            “Jiyong-ah, go show her the guest room.” Jiyong’s dad ordered.

 

            “Neh.” Jiyong nodded. “Kaja, noona.”

 

            Jiyong lead Dara on the second floor where the guest room is just next to his own room. It was huge with a pink princess interior, the princess bed filled with stuffed rabbit toys.

 

            “Rabbit paradise!” Dara jumped on the bed completely forgetting about the “imposing myself thing”.

 

            Jiyong stood frozen at the door seeing her happy in this room.

 

            “Jiyong-ah, can I really stay here?” Dara asked hugging a huge bunny stuffed toy holding a carrot.

 

            “Neh, you can.” Jiyong almost choked in his own words.

 

            “Kya~~ gumawo.” Dara lay down on the bed and rolled over. “It was like meant for me.”

 

            “It is…” Jiyong mumbled quietly, sadly.

 

            “Huh?” Dara asked.

 

            “Nothing, I’ll just get some warm clothes for you.” Jiyong said and exit the room immediately.

 

            Dara was left in the room, completely puzzled by Jiyong’s odd behaviour. She looked around and the room seems to be really fit for a princess. She likes all that she saw in the room; the decoration seems personal and well planned.

 

            She put on the bunny slippers and checked the room. The closet is oddly filled with clothes and some were even her style. She closed it and checked the vanity mirror.

 

            “Dara-ah~” Mina called from the door.

 

            “Oh, annyeong.” Dara smiled.

 

            “You like the room?” Mina asked by the door.

 

            Dara nodded eagerly. “Neh. It was awesome.”

 

            Mina looked at Dara and then around the room. “I didn’t know Jiyong will allow you here.”

 

            “Eh??” Dara asked.

 

            “No one was allowed here, not even me.” Mina laughed. “He gets angry when I step inside.”

 

            “Wae?” Dara blinked.

 

            “Hmmmm… something about it was for someone.” Mina said. “It was not on the building plan of the pension but he added this room and decorated himself. It was supposed to be a gift I guess for his girlfriend.”

 

            “That girl… where is she now?” Dara asked out of curiosity.

 

            “She left him.” Mina replied.

 

            “Oh.” Dara mumbled.

 

            “I’ll go now.” Mina smiled. “Jaljjayo.”

 

            Dara bowed again and the door closed. She looked around the room. What kind of girl will leave Jiyong? She must be lucky to be presented with a gift like this.

 

            She sat in front of the vanity mirror and combed her hair. Dara put out her phone and left a message on her friends, telling them that she’ll be spending the night somewhere else because of the heavy rain. She considered leaving a message for Il Woo too but then she changed her mind and switched off her phone.

 

            Dara opened the drawer on vanity mirror and saw a picture frame turned down. She took it out, flipped it over and almost dropped it at the same time.

 

            “Dara noona, here are the clothes… you can change into them…” Jiyong said by the door.

 

            “Mouya?” Dara asked her hand shaking as she shows the picture at Jiyong.

 

            Jiyong’s face drained with colour and looked at Dara’s confused expression.

 

            “Are you a stalker?” Dara asked. “Why do you have this photo? What is the meaning of this room?”

 

            Jiyong’s gaze was fixed on the photo Dara was holding. It was a picture of him and Dara, she was kissing him on the cheek and they were happy.

 

            “Yah!” Dara shouted.

 

            “I’m not a stalker, or obsessed. I’m not crazy.” Jiyong explained. “There’s a reason for all of this.”

 

            “Wae?” Dara asked towards the other side of the room and Jiyong’s heart is aching from the distance.

 

            “This room was meant for you… before you have forgotten about me.” Jiyong replied. “It was supposed to be a present because I was so sure that night that I will be able to save you. To turn you into a human.”

 

            “I’m not—“ Dara started to say.

 

            “I know! You’re not a doll.” Jiyong said tired and exhausted. “Right now you’re not. I managed to save you and now you have a new life without any memory of me or anything before that. It’s crazy. IT IS! But what can I do? This is the only way I can explain, without proof.”

 

            Dara was just staring at Jiyong, his desperate expression reaching over her.

 

            “I’m not crazy… I’m just in love.” Jiyong looked straight into her eyes.

 

            “I’m not obsessed or stalking you… I just can’t get over the fact that you used to love me but then you left for a new life and now with another love.” Jiyong looked down.

 

            “I’m not asking anything.” Jiyong held the door wide open. “I was just so DAMN happy that you’re human now just like the way you always wished for. You don’t need to be scared anymore. For now, that’s enough. So please, don’t hate me or look with those careful eyes.”

 

            He left Dara’s room, closed the door and stands outside of it for a long time, defeated. It was too much to bear.

 

            “Jiyong-ah~” Dara called from the other side of the door. She turned the door knob but Jiyong was pulling it close. “Are you still there?”

 

            Jiyong just stood there mutely, holding on the door knob like he would hold Dara’s hand so that she won’t get away.

 

            “Jiyong-ah~” Dara called again.

 

            He let go of the door and ran out the hallway before she can even see the tears that was starting to fall.

 

 

 

A/N:

 

Update~

 

Hmmm... it's a little sad that some of the readers thinks

the story was dragging..

I have seen the end of it.

So, I'll end the story in a few chapters.

Thanks for the new subscribers.

 

Out.