Sweet Surprise

Take Me Inside Your Closet

 

2ne1’s Dormitory

 

            Dara is sitting in front of the dining table with her both hands on her head. She was spacing out and thinking very deeply when CL entered the kitchen. CL waved a hand in front of Dara but she didn’t even blink.

 

            “Eonnie, Dara eonnie.” CL talked to her but Dara made no response.

 

            “Carrots!” CL shouted.

 

            Dara snapped out of her daze and muttered. “Where?”

 

            “Aigoo~ you’re such a rabbit, eonnie.” CL shakes her head. “What are you here?”

 

            “I was just thinking.” Dara laughed.

 

            “You look problematic.” CL commented.

 

            “CL-roo, what should a girl do when someone is mad at her?” Daraa asked innocently.

 

            CL blinked. “Apologize?”

 

            “But what if that person won’t even let her talk?” Dara asked again.

 

            “Is Jiyong oppa mad at you?” CL asked as she peels an orange.

 

            Dara was flustered by the question. “Eh?? How did you…?”

 

            CL smirked at her. “Eonnie, why else would you be so upset about it? Wae, did you fight?”

 

            “He’s kind of mad at me right now.” Dara mumbled sadly.

 

            “Just apologize then.” CL suggested.

 

            “He won’t talk to me.” Dara insisted.

 

            “Are you going to give up like that, eonnie?” CL raised her eyebrows before leaving.

 

            “Aniya…” Dara mumbled.

 

            “Eottoke??” she sighed.

 

            Dara was thinking of many some ideas when finally something clicked inside her head. She immediately stood up and went to her room, taking her wallet and jacket before leaving hurriedly.

 

            “Yah, eonnie where are you going?” CL asked as Dara passed her room. “Did she think of something? Aigoo~ love is so complicated.”

 

            Dara was walking around the shops near YG Entertainment as she dialled for Seungri’s phone number. There were a few people who recognized her and she politely bowed towards them but luckily no one bothered her. It was on the fourth ring that Seungri’s answered.

 

            Oh noona, why did you call? Seungri asked, there was a loud noise in the background.

 

            “Seungri-ah, eodiseo?” Dara asked.

 

            I was just in the dance studio working on some choreography. Wae?

 

            “Can you help me with something?” Dara asked as she entered a flower shop.

 

            What is it? Panda Ri is ready! Seungri said like a soldier.

 

            “Can you help me with Jiyong?” Dara asked a hope forming in her heart.

 

            What about hyung?

 

            “I want to kidnap him.” Dara says happily.

 

            Mou?? Wae~??

 

            “I’ll text you the details.” Dara replied. “Help me with it, arasso? Kamsa!!”

 

            “Annyeonghaseyo~” the florist greeted Dara.

 

            Dara bowed and pointed at the ready made bouquet of flowers. “Can have this one please?”

 

            “Arasso.” The florist smiled. “Would it be in cash or card?”

 

            “Cash.” Dara replied and paid the bill.

 

            Dara’s next stop was a bake shop. There were Blackjack fans when she entered and they easily recognized her. They were really excited and immediately asked to take some pictures.

 

            “Eonnie, nomu yepeo.” A female Blackjack said.

 

            “Kamsaheyo.” Dara smiled and obliged when she asked her for a sign.

 

            Dara placed her order on the counter. She ordered the chocolate cake that Jiyong has always liked. I will definitely explain myself later.

 

            “Eonnie, when will be your next album?” one of the fans asked.

 

            “2ne1 is already working for it.” Dara answered. “Anticipate it, eh?”

 

            “We will.” The fan said. “2ne1 jjang!”

 

            “Annyeong~” Dara waved goodbye to them and walked back towards the way she came.

 

            Dara passed a few stalls on her way selling hats and accessories. She stopped by in one of the open stalls and looked for a hairpin to give to Minzy, a hat for CL and a keychain for Bom. She happily paid everything when something caught her attention.

 

            “Mouya..?” Dara looked at the rings in front of her.

 

            “Would you like to buy a friendship or couple ring, miss?” the ahjumma asked, she didn’t recognize her.

 

            “Couple ring?” Dara asked.

 

            Ahjumma smiled a motherly smile at her. “A beautiful girl like you must have a namja chingu.”

 

            Dara smiled at her and picked a simple couple ring. “We can’t really wear it publicly…”

 

            “How about put it in a necklace?” Ahjumma asked and pulled out two basic silver necklaces without a pendant.

 

            “Chuayo…” Dara beamed. “Eolmna, halmeoni?”

 

            “Just pay for the rings, I’ll give the necklace for free.” The ahjumma smiled.

 

            “Eh?” Dara was surprised by her generosity. “Aniyo, ajhumma. I can’t impose like that.”

           

            Ajhumma patted her in the back. “Gwenchanna, it’s hard to be a celebrity. You can’t show your love publicly. I understand.”

 

            The ahjumma put the items in Dara’s shopping bag and waved her goodbye. Dara was surprised that the ahjumma recognized her but didn’t even make a big deal like others would have done. She’s really grateful for that.

 

            Dara arrived at YG building and went to change inside her room. She texted for Seungri to prepare immediately and asked to make sure that Jiyong will be there.

 

 

YG Cafeteria

 

            Seungri was eating at the cafeteria when he suddenly received Dara’s message. He put down his food tentatively and sighed.

 

            “Suddenly…” Seungri looked at his food. “What is this all about?”

 

            Seungri walked towards the door and thought of a way to lure Jiyong on their dormitory. Jiyong is probably busy in the studio right now for their comeback album and will be pissed off he interrupted him but it seems like the situation is urgent.

 

            Jiyong is putting the melody on their comeback album’s introduction song when suddenly the door opened and Seungri entered the room. He was breathing really hard and there’s sweat on her face.

 

            “Seungri-ah, mouya?” Jiyong looked at him surprised.

 

            “Hyung, ppali!” Seungri said and pulled Jiyong’s hand. “Come with me.”

 

            “Waeyo?” Jiyong asked irritated for being disturbed.

 

            Seungri pulled him towards the door again. “Ai~ ppali. Something weird happened!”

 

            “That’s why I’m asking you, what is it?” Jiyong glared at him.

 

            “Something happened with Gaho!” Seungri improvised when he couldn’t think of something to make Jiyong move.

 

            “Wae? Wae?” Jiyong walked with him instantly. “What happened?”

 

            “He’s acting weirdly when I arrived at the dorm.” Seungri explained. “I think he can’t breathe…”

 

            “Did he eat something bad?” Jiyong asked. “I told you not to make him eat tomatoes. He hates it!”

 

            They were hurrying now and Jiyong was really worried. When they arrived at the dormitory it was pitched black.

 

            “Mouya?” Jiyong walked carefully. “What happened here?”

 

            “Look for Gaho, hyung.” Seungri said and started backing away towards the door again.

 

            Jiyong looked at him with suspicion. “Yah, where are you going?”

 

            “I’m going to ask for help!” Seungri excused himself and walked out.

 

            Jiyong turned the door knob but Seungri has locked the door. “Maknae, yah! Jugulae?? Let me out!”

 

            Jiyong looked at the dark place and blindly find his way to his room.

 

            “Gaho-yah~” Jiyong called for Gaho.

 

            He opened the lights of his room and looked for Gaho in the bathroom and under his bed but there’s no sign of his pet.

 

            “Yah, changkaman.” Jiyong stopped when something clicked. “Why would Gaho be here? He’s with mom right now. SEUNGRI?!”

 

            Jiyong paced the room angrily. “Aish~ that troublesome boy!”

 

            He was about to leave when he saw red drops on the floor. He followed the little droplets and he ended up in front of his closet.

 

            “Is this blood?” Jiyong mused.

 

            He looked at his closet suspiciously and opened it. The first thing that came into Jiyong’s line of vision was the pool of red liquid that was beside Dara.

 

            “Dara…?” Jiyong’s eyes widened in shock and were overcome with fear.

 

            Jiyong dropped to his feet and started shaking the unmoving Dara.

 

            “Yah, Dara-ah. Waegure?” Jiyong asked his heart beating fast. “Why are you like this?”

 

            Jiyong is now in a panicked state when Dara moved and suddenly hugged him tightly. “You came.”

 

            This surprised Jiyong even more. “You’re okay…?”

 

            “Neh.” Dara nodded still hugging Jiyong.

 

            Dara let go of him and Jiyong helped her stood up.

 

            “Don’t play games like that.” Jiyong said irritated. “It’s not funny.”

 

            “I can’t think of any way to make you see me.” Dara pouted and handed him the flowers.

 

            “Why are you here?” Jiyong asked ignoring the flowers.

 

            “To say sorry.” Dara looked at him straight in the eye. “Mianhe, for whatever that made you upset. I promise you that this is just a misunderstanding.”

 

            Jiyong looked away. “So I’ve heard.”

 

            Dara took Jiyong’s hand and pulled him towards the kitchen. She opened the light and in the table were Jiyong’s favourite cake and two tall glasses of wine.

 

            “Tada!” Dara smiled. “I bought your favourite cake.”

 

            Jiyong cleared his throat. “Wae, what’s the occasion?”

 

            “It’s my peace offering.” Dara explained. “Don’t be mad at me anymore.”

 

            “Do you think it’s that simple?” Jiyong frowned.

 

            “Ah, Jiyong-ssi. Something was stuck in my neck, can you remove it please?” Dara asked and pointed at her neck.

 

            Jiyong looked at her suspiciously. He noticed that Dara was wearing the very first dress that he bought her back when she was just starting to blend as a normal human. He couldn’t help thinking that she’s very pretty.

 

            “Ai, ppali!” Dara insisted.

 

            Jiyong untangled the scarf that was tied on Dara’s neck and was frozen to see two necklaces with a ring pendant on it.

 

            Dara beamed at him. “Pretty, isn’t? I bought it today. Ahjumma, is very nice to me.”

 

            Dara removed the other necklace and put it around Jiyong neck. She clapped happily while Jiyong just stared at her.

 

            “I know you can’t wear a ring so I put it in a necklace instead.” Dara explained touching her own ring. “It’s not much but this is how bunny-rabbit show her feelings for you.”

 

            Jiyong was just standing there and couldn’t even say a word. Dara grasped this chance to explain herself.

 

            “I know you’re angry. I found out why… but it’s not like that.” Dara said. “I didn’t plan to go with Minho when I was in Japan. It was all a coincidence.”

 

            “He was there for an activity but I didn’t know that either. I was sick when I got there and I turned into a doll again. I was so scared but there’s no one until I ran into him. He just helped me and I fall asleep because I kept crying and I’m tired. You called and he answered, he didn’t tell me about it.” Dara explained.

 

            Dara is crying now. “I was so scared because I’m turning into a doll very often now. I don’t want to tell you because I know you’ll worry and will get scared too. But I was alone in that place, you’re nowhere near me and it I was so scared of not being able to come back to your side. But I’m here now… I will never leave my dragon unless time asks me to. I love you Jiyong-ah…”

 

            Jiyong pulled Dara to his arms. “Stop it… stop crying. Arasso… I understand now.”

 

            “Please don’t be mad at me.” Dara cried. “How can I live happily when you’re mad at me… when I have a little time left?”

 

            “That’s not true.” Jiyong shook his head still holding her tightly. “I won’t let you go. I’ll find away. You’re not leaving me, arasso?”

 

            “But I…” Dara argued.

 

            Jiyong silenced Dara with his lips. It was nothing like a normal kiss, it was a deep kiss with all Jiyong’s feelings and Dara accepted it with all her heart.

 

            “Saranghae…” Jiyong said when the kiss ended. “You’re mine, okay? Don’t go anywhere.”

 

            Dara nodded and hugged Jiyong.

 

            I’ll find away. Jiyong thought.