Invitation

Take Me Inside Your Closet

 

          Dara is tossing in her bed when Kei Ri appeared out of nowhere. Kei Ri is wearing a Blackjack shirt and a black pants with a beat up sneakers to match. She sat on the edge of Dara’s bed looking bored.

 

            “Dara-ah, ireona.” Kei Ri said with a yawn.

 

            Dara’s eyes opened and sat up on her bed shielding herself with her pillow. “Who’s there?”

 

            Kei Ri flipped open Dara’s bed side lamp and said. “Boo.”

 

            “Gaaaah~ please don’t eat me.” Dara whimpered closing her eyes.

 

            “Paboya?” Kei Ri pouted. “Why would I eat you? You’re not tasty Dara-ssi.”

 

            “How do you know my name?” Dara demanded when she got her shock covered. “How did you get in my room?”

 

            “You don’t recognize me?” Kei Ri asked.

 

            As Dara squinted in the darkness of her room, images of Kei Ri when she was still a doll clicked into her mind. “Yah! You’re that weird girl!”

 

            “I’ve heard that a thousand times.” Kei Ri rolled her eyes.

 

            “What do you want?” Dara panicked. “Are you taking me back?”

            “Eh?” Kei Ri asked amused by Dara’s fear. “Aniyo. You were dreaming and I woke you up. Besides it’s been a long time since I last checked on you.”

 

            “Checked on me?” Dara asked puzzled. “Wae? Wae? Are you some kind of a guardian?”

 

            “What are you, a pre-schooler?” Kei Ri smirked. “Aniyo. I checked on you because… well, I created you so I think I have the right to do that.”

 

            Dara pouted. “I was just asking…”

 

            Kei Ri shrugged. “You were dreaming of him.”

 

            Dara blushed a deep red and that’s because before Kei Ri interrupted her dream she was dreaming of Jiyong and Disney Princesses. Well at least she’s the princess and Jiyong is her prince. They were kissing and…

 

            “I wish you didn’t wake me up…” Dara sighed. “It was a nice dream.”

 

            “I woke you up because it won’t turn out well.” Kei Ri stated.

 

            “Hull!” Dara complained and buried her face in her pillow.

 

            “You should cheer up if you don’t want to turn into a doll you know.” Kei Ri advised. “It looks like Jiyong wasn’t healthy for you.”

 

            “Aniyo… Jiyong-ssi.” Dara said deep in thought.

 

            “Kwon Jiyong just makes you sad.” Kei Ri finishes Dara’s sentence.

            “He makes me happy too.” Dara said wistfully.

 

            Kei Ri knocked Dara’s head. “You should enjoy yourself. He’s not the only man in the world.”

 

            “But…” Dara started to argue but Kei RI is already on her way to the door.

 

            “It’s okay to like him.” Kei Ri assured her. “Just keep your choices open.”

 

            Kei Ri went out of the door and Dara followed her but she was gone. Dara dragged herself on the sofa and pinched the bridge of her nose.

 

            “Aish~ you could’ve at least told me why you created me in the first place.” Dara said sourly.

 

            “Eonnie, what are you doing?” Minzy mumbled standing in the kitchen doorway.

 

            “Oh~ Minkki why are you still awake?” Dara asked flustered.

 

            “I was just getting myself a drink.” Minzy answered sleepily.

 

            “Aigooyah! Go back to bed.” Dara pushed Minzy towards her room.

 

 

            The next day Dara is trying to read a novel on the café just outside the YG building. As she sips her mocha frappe a waitress approached her and gave her a piece of paper. Dara opened the piece of paper and saw a neat handwriting that says:

 

Annyeong Dara-ssi,

Do you still know me? I won’t be surprised if you don’t. J I would very much like to see you again. I hope you can spare me your time today. Let’s meet at the Seoul Amusement Park today at 3pm.

 

P.S. You look cute while reading your book.

 

-M

 

            Dara looked around the café to see who sent her the short letter but she doesn’t see anyone who looks familiar or even someone that might claim the piece of paper.

 

            “M?” Dara turned the paper over. “Who’s M?”

 

            Dara looked outside the café window where’s she’s sitting and just outside, a man leaning against his motorbike smiled at her and waved.

 

            “Oh~ Minho-ssi?” Dara stood up suddenly but Minho already started to drive away.

 

 

YG Entertainment Lobby

 

            “Dara-ssi, where are you going?” TOP asked as he bumped into Dara who’s not paying attention to where she’s going.

 

            “TOP-ssi!” Dara smiled happily. She waved her map at TOP’s face. “Can I ask you for directions?”

 

            TOP took the map from her and frowned. “Where are you going? You’re reading your map the wrong way.”

 

            “Hull!” Dara smacked her forehead. “I need to go to Seoul Amusement Park.”

 

            “Oh, jinjja?” TOP mused. “That’s not far from here.”

 

            “Can you take me?” Dara pleaded.

 

            Top scratched his cheek. “I can’t drive.”

 

            “Aigoo~ eottokke??” Dara panicked.

 

            “You can actually take a taxi.” TOP smiled.

 

            “Jinjja?” Dara asked hopefully.

 

            TOP nodded and asked Dara to follow her. She excitedly followed TOP as he hail a taxi for her.

 

            “Ahjussi, can you take her to Seoul Amusement Park?” TOP asked and the driver nodded. “Dara-ah, you’ll get to where you need to go, arasso?”

 

            “Arra! Gumawo, TOP-ssi.” Dara waved. “I’ll bring bananas when I get back.”

 

           

            TOP laughed and entered YG building again and this time he bumped into Jiyong.

            “Hyung, where have you been?” Jiyong asked. “You were supposed to be at the studio.”

 

            “I bumped into Dara just now.” TOP explained. “I hailed a taxi for her.”

 

            Jiyong looked up from his phone and frowned. “Where is she going?”

 

            “I think she has a date.” TOP shrugged. “She said she’s going to Seoul Amusement Park.

 

            “Huh? With who?” Jiyong asked looking irritated.

 

            TOP grabbed his arm and led him to the elevator. “She’s a big girl. Why do you care about her date? Let’s go.”

 

 

Seoul Amusement Park

 

            “Minho-ssi, how did you find me in the café?” Dara asked as she deliciously eat her ice cream that Minho bought her.

 

            Minho smiled his gorgeous smile. “I asked for help.”

 

            “From who?” Dara asked curiosity raking over her.

 

            “Your friend from high school.” Minho replied. “I forgot her name but she told me where you are this morning.”

 

            “High school?” Dara looked puzzled. She doesn’t have a high school memory and then she remembered Kei Ri last night.

 

            “Does the girl look weird?” Dara questioned.

 

            “She does look weird.” Minho admitted and Dara’s suspicion was confirmed.

 

            “I think I know her.” Dara mumbled to herself.

 

            “Shall we go ride again?” Minho asked pointing at the Ferris’ wheel that Dara likes so much.

 

            They walked towards the ride when a bunch of kids ran in their direction. A boy bumped into Dara causing her to stumble, Minho caught her by the waist and they ended up so close together. Dara blushed as she gripped Minho’s arms for support.

 

            “Mianhe.” Dara mumbled incoherently.

 

            “I’m not.” Minho smiled mischievously.

 

            To prevent Dara from getting bumped by kids Minho secured Dara’s hand and kept it captured for the duration of their wandering in the amusement park. Even when they were riding Minho won’t let her hands go.

 

            “I had so much fun.” Minho said squeezing Dara’s hand.

 

            “Nado.” Dara admitted. “You made me happy today. Gumawo.”

 

            “It’s a pleasure.” Minho said tucking a stray hair behind Dara’s ear. “Do you want to eat dinner?”

 

            Dara is about to accept gladly when her phone rang.

 

            “Changkamanyo.” Dara excused herself to answer.

 

            “Yeobosayo?” Dara answered her phone. “Eh?? Jiyong-ssi? Waeyo? Arasso. I’ll be there.”

 

            “Wae?” Minho asked. “Gwenchanna?”

 

            “Minho-ssi, mianhe but I have to go.” Dara apologized.

 

            “Wae?” Minho asked confused.

 

            “Something happened back in the company.” Dara explained. “I really enjoyed this day. I’ll call you, okay?”

 

            “Let me at least drive you.” Minho called after her but she’s already far away.