FIRE

Take Me Inside Your Closet

 

YGEntertainment Building

 

            Jiyong is taking two steps at a time and didn’t even bother to wait for the elevator. He couldn’t contact Dara on her phone and he couldn’t find her anywhere too. He has looked for her for the past three hours but he couldn’t find her. Jiyong is worried sick and he felt worse because if something happens to Dara it’s all because of him.

 

            Why can’t I shut my mouth and process my words right? Jiyong cursed himself for the tenth time today.

 

            Finally he was standing outside 2ne1’s dorm. He knocked continuously but there’s no answer, even if he pressed his ear to the door there’s no sound inside.

 

            “Damn, where are they?” Jiyong asked himself.

 

            Nothing will happen if he just stands there outside the dormitory so he went back to BIGBANG’s dorm where he finds his friends eating dinner at the kitchen.

 

            “Jiyong-ah, you’re back.” Taeyang greeted him.

 

            TOP looked at him disapprovingly. “Why are you so sweaty? Where have you been?”

 

            Jiyong didn’t acknowledge them and just continued pacing the room while he furiously dials his phone.

 

            “Did something happen?” Daesung whispered to Seungri.

 

            “Molla.” Seungri whispered back.

 

            “Yah, go and change your clothes.” TOP ordered. “Come and eat too.”

 

            Jiyong looked at them briefly. “Later, hyung. I just have to do something.”

 

            Jiyong went to the balcony as CL’s number continues to ring. Finally for the fourth try CL answered on the 2nd ring.

 

            Yeobosayo?

 

            “Where are you?” Jiyong demanded.

 

            Oppa, why are like that? Are you mad?

 

            Jiyong could hear loud music so he’s assuming that they were at a club. “Nothing, where’s Dara? Is she with you?”

 

            Aniyo, oppa. Dara eonnie called in a while ago that she will be late to go home.

 

            “Did she tell you where she is?” Jiyong asked, seeing a ray of hope just to be crushed by CL’s answer.

 

            She didn’t say. She sounded upset too.

 

            Yeah, that would be because of me. Jiyong thought and sighed.

 

            He hangs up the phone after he said his goodbye. Jiyong went to his room quickly and change his clothes.

 

            He was almost at the door when TOP called him again.

 

            “Where are you going?” TOP asked.

 

            “I’ll just be outside, hyung.” Jiyong answered quickly.

 

            “Without eating dinner?” TOP scolded him.

 

            Jiyong quickly takes some food so that TOP would not be mad at him, telling them that he’ll be back and eat more proper dinner later. At the YG lobby, Jiyong sat down in one of the stylish chairs where he can easily see Dara when she enters the building.

 

 

Minho’s Car

 

            Dara is crying inconsolably as she sat on the hood of Minho’s red convertible. Minho was trying without much success to comfort her but she’s just so upset. It was a cold night and Minho put his jacket around Dara’s shoulders.

 

            “Dara-ah, it’s cold.” Minho wiped her tears. “Let me get you inside the car. It’s much warmer.”

 

            “Gwenchannayo.” Dara said and hiccups.

 

            “Who made you cry like this?” Minho asked. So I can punch him in the face.

 

            Dara looked up. “Mianhe, you must be very tired and I dragged you here.”

 

            “Aniyo.” Minho smiled at her reassuringly. “I like being with you.”

 

            “Even when I’m crying?” Dara asks.

 

            “Neh.” Minho said and wiped her tears again. “Don’t cry.”

 

            “Am I ugly?” Dara asked out of nowhere.

 

            Minho looked at her like she just asked the most ridiculous question. “You’re not ugly. Who told you that?”

 

            “No one.” Dara mumbled.

 

            “Then why are you asking?” Minho asked.

 

            You’re not real. Dara thought of Jiyong’s words over and over. It was very painful because it has come from his mouth. Her Jiyong, who have given her a life. If he didn’t believe in her, if he didn’t believe that she’s real then how can she even think of herself as a human?

 

            “Why won’t he like me?” Dara asked as she looked up at the stars and tried to prevent the new batch of tears that threatens to spill.

 

            Minho froze on his seat. He looked at Dara, and asked. “Who?”

 

            “Jiyong.” Dara replied. “If I’m not ugly then why won’t he like me?”

 

            “You like Kwon Jiyong?” Minho asked stiffly, a wave of jealously and anger filling him up. “He made you cry?”

 

            “He said I’m not real.” Dara looked at her hands. “Wae? What’s wrong with me?”

 

            “I don’t know what he’s deal but there’s nothing wrong with you.” Minho said curtly. “If he doesn’t like you, you’re better off without him.”

 

            Dara puts a hand on her heart. “I didn’t know, I could hurt this much.”

 

            Being a human hurts this much? It hurts more than the physical pain. Wae? Is it because she’s new to this? Or is it because she’s just really in love with Jiyong?

 

            “There will other man… who will love and like you Dara.” Minho said and put a hand on her face. “Remember that, neh?”

 

            Dara smiled at him and thanked him for his kindness but Minho just looked at her with tender eyes. She doesn’t see him anything more than a friend because she likes someone else and she won’t see me him more than a friend because she’s hurting right now.

 

            Nomu chuayo, Dara. One day I will tell you but not now. Because I know your eyes are still elsewhere. Minho thought and released her.

 

            “Will you take me home?” Dara asked.

 

            “Of course.” Minho grinned at her, glad that her tears have stopped flowing.

 

 

YG Building, Lobby

 

 

            Jiyong is frozen and cold on his seat despite the warmer in the lobby. It was past three am and Dara is still not home. He left her a message and tried to call her but her phone was off. He was about to get some coffee when he saw a familiar figure entering the lobby.

 

            Jiyong stood up immediately and started to walk towards Dara but the he stopped when he saw who she’s with.

 

            “Sleep well, Dara.” Minho smiled his boyish smile. “You’ll be fine. Call me when you want to talk or hangout. I’ll be here, always.”

 

            Dara gave Minho a quick hug that he returns. “Gumawo.”

 

            When Dara turns she immediately saw Jiyong who was staring at the both of them. Minho saw him too and he balled his fist.

 

            “Do you want me to walk you upstairs?” Minho asked tightly.

 

            Dara shook her head. “Aniyo. It’s okay.”

 

            When Minho left, Dara went past Jiyong without acknowledging him. Jiyong seems to be stuck on that stop. He has never seen them together before his eyes and seeing Dara with Minho seems to block Jiyong’s mind.

 

            Am I really that hateful, she won’t even look at me? Jiyong cried in his mind.

 

            Jiyong sits back on his chair and let the wave of exhaustion get to him. He blinked at the lights, up at the ceiling trying to block the thought of Dara hugging Minho, Dara passing him by without a backward glance.

 

            It looks like another sad song will be coming tonight. Jiyong thought as he closed his eyes.

 

 

3 days later, KBS studio

 

 

            Today 2ne1 is at the recording studio of KBS for a short filming for an introductory show. CL and Minzy is playing video game while Bom is still on her way from her check up on the hospital. Dara, on the other hand, is sitting on the bathroom sink where she just locked up herself after she froze on the couch earlier.

 

            She’s getting more worried these days because she kept turning to a doll. Her feelings were still down and she only gets to laugh when she’s with the girls and when she’s with Minho. Still she’s turning into a doll.

 

            It’s been three days since their fight and Dara keeps getting apology messages from Jiyong that she won’t return because she’s still hurt and she’s trying to gauge how far she can get without him. She might survive the three days but he’s always on her mind.

 

            Dara is thinking deeply when suddenly a blast of cold water gets to her. She looked up and jumped down from sitting on the sink.

 

            “Gaaah~ what’s happening?” She asked as looked at the sprinkler system. Soon there was a loud wailing noise, a fire alarm being set off.

 

            There was a knock on the bathroom door and Minzy’s panicked voice called to Dara.

 

            “Eonnie, eonnie!” Minky knocked. “Get out of there!”

 

            “Eonnie, there’s a fire.” CL shouted. “We need to get out.”

 

            Dara twisted the door knob open but it was stuck. “I can’t open the door. It’s stuck!”

 

            “Try and open it.” CL insisted.

 

            Dara kept on trying but the door is jammed soon she saw the thick fog of fire creeping into the door and she thought of what more is on the other side.

 

            “What are you guys doing?!” Dara shouted. “Get out of here! The smoke is thick!”

 

            “We won’t leave you eonnie.” CL coughed.

 

            Dara pounded on the door. “Get out of here! I’ll be okay. Get help.”

 

            “But eonnie—“ Minzy protested.

 

            “Go! NOW.” Dara shouted.

 

            CL and Minzy are suffocating now and they hurriedly went for the door promising Dara they’ll be back for help. Outside the KBS building where staffs and security from the building. Bom’s car arrived and she panicked when she saw that there was fire coming from three of the upper floors.

 

            She got out of her car and asked one of staff. “What happened?”

 

            “A fire broke out one of the old studios.” The girl replied.

 

            “Is everyone out yet?” Bom asked and she dials on her phone.

 

            The girl shook her head and her heart sinks. “There are still other staffs and idols inside.”

 

            Bom called President YG and told him about what’s happening. Five minutes later Jiyong was by her side.

 

            “Where are they?” Jiyong asked. They were barricaded outside the yellow lane.

 

            “Jiyong-ah!” Bom hugged him as she cries.

 

            “I saw it on the news.”Jiyong said. “I was near the area.”

 

            Bom points at the burning floors. “The girls are still inside.”

 

            “MOU?” Jiyong asked and his heart pounded with fear.

 

            “They’re out!” A man shouted. “They’re out!

 

            CL and Minzy emerge from the main entrance and they were hurriedly attended by the standby emergency personnel on the ambulance.

 

            “CL-ah!” Bom shouted when she saw them. “Minkki!

 

            They were both coughing as they head for them. They were covered in sweat and dirt. Minzy is crying from fear.

 

            “Eonnie, eonnie.” Minzy cried. “Dara eonnie is inside. She’s stuck in the bathroom. She asked us to go and get help!!”

 

            Jiyong’s brain snapped into focus ad before he knew it he was running, running fast. The only thing on his mind is: She’s still inside.