Confused Dara

Take Me Inside Your Closet

 

 

BIGBANG’s Dorm

 

            “Jiyong-ah, where did you go last night?” TOP asked Jiyong as the two of them eat breakfast in the building’s cafeteria.

 

            “I was just in the rooftop, hyung.” Jiyong replied, picking on his chicken sandwich.

 

            TOP took a sip of his coffee and looked at Jiyong quizzically. “What were you doing up there?”

 

            Jiyong shrugged. “Nothing, hyung. Just went there to clear my mind.”

 

            “I brought you food but you weren’t there.” TOP commented.

 

            “So how was the party?” Jiyong asks.

 

            “It was fun, lots of food.” TOP laughed to himself. “Bommie noona is exceptionally happy.”

 

            Jiyong laughed despite of himself. “I bet she ate all night.”

 

            “Nah~ Hwangssabu is there to watch her.” TOP joked.

 

            “Seems like fun.” Jiyong said sincerely.

 

            “You should’ve come.” TOP agreed.

 

            “Uh-huh.” Jiyong nodded.

 

            Bigbang’s hit song ‘Lies’ started playing the cafeteria and  Jiyong is singing absentmindedly and his thoughts are heading towards Dara again. He seems to be thinking a lot about her these past few weeks.

 

            “Oh~ and someone turned up in the middle of the party.” TOP said clicking his fingers.

 

            Jiyong nodded uninterestedly as he taps o his iphone. “Oh.”

 

            “Lee Minho.” TOP said and watched Jiyongs reaction.

 

            Jiyong fingers stopped tapping and he looked up at his hyung. TOP is trying not to show any emotion.

 

            “Mou?” Jiyong asked. “Nugu?”

 

            “Lee Minho.” TOP repeated. “The actor who was with Dara in the Kiss MV. The one on the Boys Over—“

 

            “I know who he is, hyung.” Jiyong said impatiently. “Why was he at the party?”

 

            “Because he wants to see Dara?” TOP replied with a question.

 

            Jiyong put down his phone a little too hard. “Did Dara invite her?”

 

            TOP thought about it for a moment. “Aniyo. I don’t think so.”

 

            “Wae?” Jiyong asked.

 

            “Coz she looked surprised.” TOP said in a factual tone.

 

 

2ne1’s Dorm:

 

            Dara is laying on her princess bed with the blanket drawn up to her chin. The girls have gone out to eat lunch but she refused to come, telling them that she wants to sleep in a little. Dara is much okay and the party last night has been a good one but her mind is in a little jumble right now.

 

            Last night on the party, Minho came and no one expected his arrival. Although it has been an awkward moment when the whole YG family was there, YG sajangnim welcomed him. He didn’t stay long but he left a significant memory to Dara.

 

 

Last Night on Dara’s Welcome Back Party

 

            Dara was having a good time when Minho arrived. He refused to have a drink and said that he just went there to see how Dara is doing. Minho gave his greetings to everyone before he has the chance to talk to Dara in private.

 

            Weirdly they ended up talking in the staircase leading in one of the fire exits. They were by the window overlooking the places outside YG building.

 

            “I’m glad you were alright.” Minho breathed a sigh of relief when he has completely seen Dara.

 

            Dara gave him a warm smile. “Neh. I’m stronger now. I had a lot of rest.”

 

            “I wanted to go back and visit you earlier but when I heard the news about the accident I was currently in Hong Kong.” Minho explained.

 

            “It’s okay.” Dara laughed a bit. “Why would you fly from Hong Kong to Korea just like that? Of course you have to finish your schedule first!”

 

            “I was so worried about you.” Minho said and a flash of worry cross his face like he’s remembering something horrible.

 

            “Aigoo~ I’m okay now.” Dara smiled and patted Minho on his broad shoulder.

 

            Then suddenly Minho engulfs her in a hug. Dara didn’t know what to do, it surprised her and it was definitely not a friendly hug. There’s intimacy in the hug that Minho gave her.

 

            “You crazy girl.” Minho mumbled in her hair. “Why are you so hyper even when you almost died in that accident, huh?”

 

            “Minho-ssi.” Dara is at a loss for words.

 

            Minho hugged her more tightly. “You’re seriously making me go crazy.”

 

            Dara tried to laugh to settle her nervousness. “Aigoo~ why are you suddenly like this?”

 

            When Minho released her, he was wearing an unreadable expression. He brushed a strand of hair that landed on Dara’s cheek.

 

            “Do you still like Kwon Jiyong?” Minho asked.

 

            “Eh??” Dara asked in surprise. “Why are you suddenly asking me that question?”

 

            Minho put his hand on his pocket. “Do you?”

 

            “Jiyong-ssi… he saved my life.” Dara said, carefully choosing her words.

 

            “I would’ve done the same.” Minho told her.

 

            “He’s the reason why I’m alive.” Dara said putting much more meaning on her words than Minho can understand.

 

            Minho sighed and looked outside the window. This is the time, the opportunity for him to say how much he likes her.

 

            “Why do you have to like him?” Minho asked her.

 

            Dara looked up and her mind went blank. “Huh?”

 

            “Can’t you like me instead?” Minho asked his heart heavy.

 

            “M-mou?” Dara is really surprised and she couldn’t seem to believe that she heard him right. Dara is expecting Minho to laugh any minute now.

 

            “Can’t you see Dara?” Minho asked giving her face a light touch.

           

           “Eh?” Dara blushed.

 

            “I like you.” Minho confessed. “I like you so much, ever since that day when we shoot an MV.”

 

            Dara mouth seems to be stuck in glue and she didn’t know what to say.

 

            “I mean, it’s crazy.” Minho explained. “We were in that odd scene where you slap me and then you kiss me. All of a sudden you were there in front of me and you never left. I have never met anyone like you.”

 

            “B-but you shouldn’t like me.” Dara stuttered.

 

            “Wae?” Minho asked. “Is it because you like Jiyong?”

 

            “Aniyo.” Dara blushed hard. “There are lots of girls who deserve your attention.”

 

            “But I want to give my attention to you.” Minho contradicted her. “I’ll wait Dara-ah.”

 

            “Aigoo~” Dara whined.

 

            Minho kissed her then, softly in the lips for a brief period of time. “Until you changed your mid.”

 

            And then Minho left.

 

            Minho-ah… it’s not my mind you have to change… it’s my heart.

 

 

Back to reality:

 

            Dara sighed. “Aigoo~ eottokke?”

 

            She rolled on her bed continuously like she’s going crazy. Her phone bounce of the bed and she remembered the message Jiyong left for her that night. It was already morning when the party ended and when she turned her phone on the first thing that greeted her was Jiyong’s voice message.

 

            It was short and brief but her heart melted.

 

            She can feel Jiyong’s sadness and guilt. With his sincere words even if Dara was hurt by him in the past she couldn’t find it in her heart to hate him.

 

           Dara-ah, annyeong.  Gwenchanna?  I hope you’re doing better and I’m also wishing that you won’t be scared of anything after what happened. The fire didn’t do damage to you right? Sorry, if I sent a teddy bear instead a bunch of carrots. I… I was just hoping that the bear will help you sleep better…Well… I just called to say that… I’m relieved you’re okay. And… I’m sorry. Jaljjayo~”

 

            Dara dreamed of him that night too.

 

            It was all confusing for her. And her heart seems to be more warm than usual with all the pent up feelings inside of her.

 

            “Aigoo~ Tam Tammie, eottokke?” Dara asked her doll, that CL made her. “HULL!”