Flower Boy

Take Me Inside Your Closet

 

           Human? Dara?

 

           Doll? Nega? Mouya?

 

 

            Jiyong slammed the door shut again and pointed at Kei Ri wordlessly. What the hell is happening?

 

            “You look like a fish that has been put out of water.” Kei Ri sighed. “Close your mouth.”

 

            “What the hell are you talking about?!” Jiyong roared.

 

            “You just turned out into a doll.” Kei Ri repeated.

 

            Jiyong pointed at himself. “Nega?”

 

            “Didn’t you feel it?” Kei Ri raised her eyebrow.

 

            “How can that happen?” Jiyong asked and then hugged himself as if to check if it’s true.

 

            “I only have the basic answer.” Kei Ri said.

 

            Jiyong paced the room back and forth and when he saw a mirror he stood there and checked himself. Everything seems okay…though his feature seems a little good than usual.

 

            “We both saw her turn into a doll.” Jiyong said after a while. “You said it was too late.”

 

            “I guess I underestimated you.” Kei Ri said her voice mixed with a little awe. “You’re willingness to save her…paid off.”

 

            “So I saved her in the last minute?” Jiyong pondered. “Like…buzzer beater.”

 

            “Yeah, you can say it like that.” Kei Ri nodded.

 

            “And now I’m the doll…” Jiyong mumbled.

 

            “Uh-huh.” Kei Ri confirmed. “I just saw you turn into one a while ago.”

 

            Jiyong finally asked the question that has been bothering him. “So…me being a doll…there’s no cure, right?”

 

            Kei Ri shook her head. “There’s a way. You did it to Dara.”

 

            “NO!” Jiyong said. “She will just turn into a doll again, what’s the point if she turns to a doll again? No, no. It’s better this way.”

 

            Kei Ri frowned at Jiyong’s firm belief. “You’d rather be doll yourself.”

 

            “Guere!” Jiyong nodded. “It must be like this.”

 

            Kei Ri looked at the wall clock hanging on Jiyong’s room. “I have to go. I’ll check out Dara to make sure.”

 

            “Oh.” Jiyong said blankly.

 

            “I’ll be sticking around with you often.” Kei Ri warned him. “You’re the doll now, must be careful. Especially now that you’ve blabbed about me to TOP-ssi.”

 

            Kei Ri also seems distracted that for the first time she used the door to get out of the room. She was about to go when Jiyong stopped her.

 

            “Is there no way to make her remember me?” Jiyong asked quietly.

 

            “I guess, you just have to find out.” Kei Ri replied and disappear.

 

 

Hongdae

 

            Jiyong and TOP were wearing casual clothes and they were walking on the busy street of Hongdae. Jiyong begged TOP to come with him since Hongdae is the place where he can think because the noise drowns out reality.

 

             “Yah, that girl was really creepy.” TOP said as he walked beside the occupied Jiyong. He nodded to the fans that recognized them once in a while. “She gave me goosebumps.”

 

            Jiyong just nodded his head absentmindedly; TOP has to keep him close to him because he keeps on bumping into random people.

 

            “Yah, Kwon Jiyong, are you even listening to me?” TOP said as he pulled Jiyong again to avoid accident.

 

            “Huh?” Jiyong looked up at TOP as if he just registered his presence. “What did you say hyung?”

 

            TOP stopped and sighed. “Why don’t we just go back? You can think well when you’re in your own world.”

 

            “Mianhe.” Jiyong looked really apologetic. “Things just got really crazy.”

 

            “How crazy?” TOP asked as they walked back to their car.

 

            “Like I’m-the-doll-and-Dara-is-human crazy…?” Jiyong answered gauging TOP’s reaction.

 

            TOP nodded. “Ah… Dara is a human and you’re the doll. MOU?!”

 

            Jiyong put a hand on TOP’s mouth and smiled awkwardly to the people who turned to look at them. “Shhh!”

 

            TOP slapped Jiyong’s hand away. “Yah! What are you talking about?”

 

            “I’ll explain. Don’t make a scene hyung.” Jiyong dragged TOP towards their car and he looked like he’s about to really go crazy.

 

            “Yah, what do you mean you’re a doll?” TOP asked once they were inside.

 

            Jiyong started the engine and drive. “Remember I told you I tried to save Dara?”

 

            “Neh, neh.” TOP nodded.

 

            “Well, it worked hyung. She’s human now and doesn’t remember me. It was like she’s starting a whole new life.” Jiyong explained.

 

            “Well, it’s a relief she’s human.” TOP said thinking deeply. “But how come you’re a doll?”

 

            “It seems like the spell was on me now when I save Dara.” Jiyong replied.

 

            “MOU?!” TOP demanded.

 

            Jiyong winced. “Hyung, I’m going to go deaf because of you.”

 

            “Jiyong, you’re in such a deep crap.” TOP said.

 

            “Tell me about it.” Jiyong sighed.

 

            “Don’t wory. Hyung is here.” TOP put a hand on Jiyong’s shoulder. “Now that I know your secret, no matter how crazy it is, I’ll make sure it’s okay. Arasso?”

 

            “Gumawo, hyung.” Jiyong said gratefully.

 

            “Doll…” TOP mumbled. “Who knows that you will turn out like Ken…?”

 

            “Yah! I’m not Ken, that stupid blonde doll.” Jiyong said horrified.

 

            TOP rolled his eyes. “Dara is Barbie and you’re Ken. You’re love story is so…fantasy crazy and weird.”

 

            “I don’t want to be Ken. I’m not Ken.” Jiyong wants to smack his hyung now. How can he like this?

 

            “At least you’re not Barbie.” TOP consoled him and laughed.

 

            Despite his annoyance Jiyong laughed too. Ken the stupid blonde doll. Me? I’m the awesome blonde Dragon who fell in love with a carrot loving rabbit.

 

            Jiyong the next exit that will lead to YG building when he saw a familiar face walking down the street. The girl seemed to be with a man and they were walking away from YG building. He stopped the car at once which caused TOP to almost kiss the dashboard.

 

            “Yah, you punk!” TOP said. “Drive carefully.”

 

            Jiyong unbuckled his seat belt and opened the door. “Dara…?”

 

            “Yah, eodiseo?” TOP asked but Jiyong is now walking away from the car. “Aish~!”

 

 

            Jiyong ran towards the other way, he was sure that it was Dara. Who was she with? Minho…? Does she remember Minho? Or has he finally won over her now that Dara can’t remember me?

 

            Jiyong stopped a few feet from them. He couldn’t see the man’s face yet but he’s too slim to be Minho. Dara seems to be really happy because she’s laughing really hard as the man whispered something to her.

 

            “Yah, what are you doing?” TOP asked when he caught up with Jiyong. He looked at where Jiyong is frozenly staring and was surprised himself. “Oh, Dara noona.”

 

            “I have to go now.” The man said and ruffled Dara’s hair. “My manager is looking for me.”

 

            “Call me when you get home, neh?” Dara smiled at him.

 

            “Arasso.” The man agreed and put a kiss on Dara’s forehead. He walked away but then looked back again to wave at Dara.

 

           “What the…?” Jiyong stood frozen there.

 

           It was no other than Jung Il Woo, the famous flower boy actor.