A Chance To Get Closer

Take Me Inside Your Closet

 

            Dara is munching on her carrots, while Bom eats corn beside her, when CL and Minzy arrived holding a video camera.

 

            “Eonnie, why do you always leave us?” Minzy pouted.

 

            “We didn’t leave you.” Bom contradicted. “We just got off earlier with our schedule and decided to eat.”

 

            “Does Hwangsabbu know that you’re eating corn again?” CL asked.

 

            Bom put a hand on CL’s mouth, looked around before whispering. “He doesn’t and you must not tell on me. Arra?”

 

            “Eii~ what will you give me in exchange eonnie?” CL challenged, removing Bom’s hand.

 

            “Lollipop??” Bom asked.

 

            “HULL!” Minzy exclaimed and CL just rolled her eyes.

 

            “I couldn’t waste the food that our fans give to us!!” Bom explained but no one is listening. “Right, Dara??”

 

            Dara who’s busy with her carrots just nodded in her direction.

            “HULL!” Bom whined putting down her food. “Nobody even listen to me!”

 

            “What are you up to?” Dara asked pointing at the video camera CL is holding.

 

            “Eonnie and I made a collaborative performance and we wanted to show it to Papa YG later when he visits the dorm.” Minzy explained.

 

            “Maybe, you should show it to him now.” Bom suggested. “He’s coming our way.”

 

            “Eh?!” CL stood up suddenly and like Bom said, President Yang is indeed walking towards the direction of their table.

 

            The four girls greeted him with deep bows. “Annyeonghaseyo~!!”

 

            “Are your schedules done?” YG asked, looking around. “You’re lounging here very comfortably.”

 

            “Neh, we’re done for today.” CL, as the group’s leader, answered.

 

            “Andja.” Yang Hyun Suk ordered and they all sat down obediently.

 

            They were looking up at President YG as he remained standing in front of them. It looks like he’s a little serious today so the girls were kind of nervous.

 

            “Dara-ah, eodisseo?” YG asked.

 

            “Nega?” Dara asked pointing at herself.

 

           “Your manager told me you were out again today.” YG said suspiciously.

 

            Dara bit her lip, like she always does when she’s about to lie. “It was just for a little bit. I went out for a walk.”

           

            “With whom?” YG asked.

 

            “Eh??” Dara asked surprised.

 

            YG sajangnim shook his head and placed a printed article on the table. He tapped the paper twice and said. “Don’t let this happen again. You do know that you have a dating ban, right?”

 

            Dara looked at the paper in front of her and YG left without another word. Bom picked up the article and they all circled in.

 

            “Sandara Park and Lee Minho spotted at a café..?” Minzy read from the paper upside down because Bom was the one holding it.

 

            “Yah~ do you like him that much?” Bom asked waving the piece of paper to Dara.

           

            Dara blushed deeply and stuttered. “Who told you I like him? It’s not like that.”

 

            “Then why do you keep going out with him, eonnie?” CL asked, folding her arms to her chest like a prosecutor asking her prey.

 

            “We were just friends.” Dara said indignantly.

 

            “Go out with us too.” Minzy said in aegyo.

 

            “Aigoo~ you maknae.” Bom laughed.

           

            Dara looked at CL and she still looks at her suspiciously so she tried a different tactic.

 

            “CL-roo, aren’t you suppose to show YG sajangnim your video performance??” Dara asked and placed the video recorder on CL’s hand.

 

            “Oh! She’s right, eonnie!” Minzy remembered and started dragging Cl away.

           

            “Yah! Changkaman.” CL protested.

 

            “Kaja!” Minzy insisted.

 

            “Eonnie, we’re not yet finished!” Cl shouted to Dara.

 

            “Oh-no.” Bom giggled. “You’re dead meat ssanttoki.”

 

           

            Dara and Bom soon parted because Bom needs to be on the salon for a preparation on an exclusive meeting on a magazine company. Dara wandered around the YG building and when she grew tired of going through all the floors, she decided to go back to their dorm.

 

            “Lolli lolli oh lollipop~ “ Dara hummed while she walked through the hallway. She was already by the door when she felt that someone was looking at her.

 

            Looking at her left, she saw Jiyong who’s patiently waiting outside their dorm, standing beside a big potted plant. He’s wearing a rabbit hat and was looking at Dara with a solemn expression.

 

            “Jiyong-ssi…?” Dara mumbled.

 

            “Annyeong~” Jiyong waved.

 

 

2ne1’s Dormitory

 

            Jiyong was sitting on Dara’s bed and he was busy looking at the little stuff toys when Dara entered.

 

            “I reheated some food if you wanted to eat.” Dara said.

 

            “How have you been?” Jiyong asked. “I didn’t get the chance to ask you when you were in the hospital.”

 

            “Naneun gwenchanna.” Dara replied.

            Jiyong looked at Dara for a long time before asking. “Are you that mad at me that you wouldn’t even return my call?”

 

            “Jiyong-ssi…” Dara looked up when she heard the strain on Jiyong’s voice.

 

            “I am really sorry for how I behaved.” Jiyong said looking down. “It was never meant to be like that… it was… I have no excuse for what I have said. You don’t know how scared I was when you were hurt in that fire.”

 

            Dara shook her head. “Aniyo… I should be grateful that you saved me but I’m so stupid that I couldn’t even say my thanks.”

 

            “Because you’re still mad at me aren’t you?” Jiyong tried to guess.

 

            “The problem is… I really don’t know how to stay mad at you for so long.” Dara confessed.

 

            “Then why won’t you talk to me?” Jiyong asked.

 

            “I’m just trying to put a distance…between us because… because I don’t want to make you feel uncomfortable.” Dara said in a little voice.

 

            “Don’t.” Jiyong said quietly and Dara looked up to see that Jiyong is looking at her intently. “Don’t stay away anymore… it’s sad.”

 

            “It’s sad for me too.” Dara blushed.

 

            “Mianhe… for my actions.” Jiyong said once more.

 

            “Gumawo.” Dara smiled tentatively. “It seems like I have many lives because of you.”

 

            “I will save you again, if I have too.” Jiyong smiled.

 

            Dara pouted at him. “You’re such a hero, do you know that?”

 

            “And you’re a rabbit.” Jiyong laughed. “A rabbit that I have to take care of.”

 

            “Is that for me?” Dara asked pointing at Jiyong’s rabbit ears head band.

 

            Jiyong touched his little head band. “Do you want it?”

 

            “Neh.” Dara nodded. “I’ve been eating carrots but my rabbit ears don’t want to grow.”

 

            Jiyong laughed at her sentiment. They were almost back to normal. “Arasso. I will give this to you.”

 

            Jiyong removed the head band and walked towards Dara. He stretched his arms to put it in her head but Jiyong stepped on one of the little stuff toys that littered the floor, causing him to lose his balance. Dara tried to help him regain his balance but wasn’t successful.

 

            Jiyong’s lips landed on Dara’s lips and that shocked her even more. Dara’s eyes were wide open and Jiyong having regained his balance once more hugged Dara towards him and kissed her a little more.

            “Mianhe… I stepped on one of the stuff toys. I lost my balance.” Jiyong said, releasing her and trying not to smile hugely.

 

            Dara was frozen on the spot. “G..gwe..gwenchanna.”

 

            Jiyong finally put the rabbit ear head band on Dara and pinched her cheek.

 

            “Oh! I think the food you’re heating is ready now.” Jiyong said.

 

            “Ah, I-I will check on it!” Dara exclaimed and ran out of the room.