Secrets Revealed

Take Me Inside Your Closet

 

           Dara is eating strawberry flavoured Popsicle, by herself, outside a pet shop when she saw a familiar figure on the other side of the street. He looked like a flower boy and she easily recognized him. It’s Minho and he seemed to be waiting for someone.

 

            Dara waved her hand and called after him.

 

            Minho looked directly at her and gave her a huge smile. “Annyeong!”

 

            Minho is already crossing the street when Dara remembered what happened the last time they say each other. The memory of their brief kiss made her blush. She turned around and walked the other way.

 

            “Quick Dara, you can still escape.” Dara mumbled to herself. “You can pretend you didn’t see him. Aigoo~ but I have already called my name. Eotteoke??”

 

            Dara tried to walk quickly but Minho was already blocking her way.

 

            “Annyeong~ where are you going?” Minho asked, his smile unwavering.

 

            “Uh…I forgot something.. So.. I..” Dara couldn’t think of anything to say. “Annyeong~”

 

            Minho laughed at her distress. “I know it’s a little embarrassing to meet like this considering the last time…”

 

            “Neh.” Dara agreed.

 

            “Just forget about what I did, for now. I don’t want you to think that I’m pressuring you or anything.” Minho sighed. “I just want to be with you and be… friends, if that’s what you can offer right now.”

 

            “It’s nice to be friends to be with you Minho-ssi and I…” Dara said looking down.

 

            “Yosh! So can you buy me a popsicle, huh?” Minho asked trying to lighten the mood. “Stop being so awkward.”

 

            “Neh, arasso!” Dara smiled and they went away like old friends.

 

 

G-Market Pictorial

 

            Jiyong is checking himself in the mirror in front of him while his friends are getting an individual photo shoot outside the studio. He checked his phone over and over again.

 

            “She must’ve been really upset about me.” Jiyong sighed. “She hasn’t contacted me back.”

            “Oh, Jiyong-ssi.” One of the coordinators called him. “It’s your turn for the shoot.”

 

            “Neh, noona.” Jiyong said following her behind.

 

            Jiyong made cute, serious and chic looks for the camera but the photographer were not that satisfied today.

 

            “Our Jiyong-ssi looks occupied today.” The photographer commented. “Try to look a little more relaxed, arasso?”

 

            “Neh, mianhe.” Jiyong bowed. “I’ll work harder.”

 

           

            “Hyung, Jiyong-ah is getting weirder, don’t you think?” Taeyang mumbled beside TOP, who’s drinking his cider.

 

            “I think Jiyong is just confused.” TOP replied. “It’s not a big deal.”

 

            “Aniyo, hyung. How can it be not a big deal?” Taeyang insisted.

 

            TOP shrugged. “One gets confused when he’s in love.”

 

            TOP left and Taeyang jumped to his feet.

 

            “Jiyong is in love?” Taeyang mumbled to himself. “To whom? Don’t tell me it’s…? Solma!”

 

 

 Gwangju Street

 

            Dara and Minho were walking side by side when they came across a doll shop. Minho stopped and looked at the glass window.

 

            “Oh! Dara-ah, look.” Minho pointed at the dolls.

 

            “Waeyo?” Dara stood beside him and looked at the unmoving dolls.

 

            Minho put a finger on his chin. “Hmmm.. it’s a weird thing that you’re the first person I think about when I see a pretty doll.”

 

            Dara’s eyes were fixed on the Popsicle she was holding.  “W-wae?”

 

            “They look just like you.” Minho smiled at her.

 

            “A-aniyo!” Dara insisted and turn away, afraid that he might recognize some similarities. “How can that be? Maldo anwae..”

 

            Minho was surprised by her sudden burst but he laughed it off. “I was just pointing out that you’re as youthful as them. You’re a baby face.. Don’t you know, that’s your fan’s nickname to you?”

 

            “Jinjja?” Dara looked away. “Mollasso.”

 

            “Don’t you like dolls?” Minho asked curiously.

 

            “Not really.” Dara replied. “Can we go now?”

 

            “Actually, I was wondering whether you can help me pick a doll for my niece.” Minho smiled. “It’s her birthday, but I guess you don’t like dolls.”

 

            “Mianhe.” Dara pouted, guilty.

 

            “Gwenchanna.” Minho smiled. “Can I go take a quick look inside?”

 

            “Go ahead!” Dara nodded. “I’ll wait here and eat my Popsicle.”

 

            “Arasso.” Minho pinched her cheek. “I’ll be back.”

 

            “Neh.”

 

 

            Dara sat on the bench outside the store as Minho take a look inside. She ate her Popsicle feeling a little sick on how close Minho is to the truth about her.

 

            “I don’t like dolls cause they remind me of what I am.” Dara sighed.

 

            “Does that taste good?” a voice asked Dara.

 

            Dara nodded absentmindedly and after a few seconds she whipped her head towards the voice.

 

            “Kei Ri-ah!” Dara exclaimed. “What are you doing here?”

 

            “Just passing by.” Kei Ri shrugged, eyeing the Popsicle Dara was holding.

 

            “You’re not following me, are you?” Dara asked suspiciously.

 

            “Aniya~” Kei Ri rolled her eyes. “And if I happen to be following you, why would you be surprised? I’m the one who created you.”

 

            “I know…” Dara sighed. “Kei Ri-ah..”

 

            “Mou?” Kei Ri asked patiently even though she already knows what Dara has to say.

 

            “Everything is getting more complicated each day.” Dara pouted.

 

            “Are you tired of being human, then?” Kei Ri asked, looking closely at her reaction.

 

            “Aniyo…” Dara shook her head. “It’s not like that. I just hope I can be a real human. Not someone who turns out into a doll when she’s sad or hurt or tired… I just… want to be normal. I just want to spend my time with my friends and be with them forever.”

 

            Kei Ri. “There’s a reason why I made you a doll. And it’s not because I want you to suffer like this.”

 

            Dara sighed and wiped the tears that escaped her eyes. “Aniyo. I’m really grateful to you. Because of you I have experienced this… even though it’s hard sometimes. Gumawo, Kei Ri-ssi.”

 

            “Just be careful.” Kei Ri smiled. “It will be okay, soon.”

 

            “Neh, I hope so.” Dara nodded.

 

            “I should be going.” Kei Ri stood up. “See you when I see you.”

 

            “Bye.” Dara waved.

 

            “Oh by the way, I think your friend heard our conversation.” Kei Ri said and pointed at Minho who’s standing behind Dara.

 

            Dara jumped to her feet and saw the shocked expression of Minho.

 

            “Minho-ssi…” Dara looked so scared.

 

SEOUL CAFÉ

 

            Dara sat across from Minho over a cup of hot chocolate. She was busy playing with the tissue in front of her that it now lay ripped all over the table.

 

            “Did you hear everything?”  Dara asked her heart beating faster. She was so nervous.

 

            Minho nodded slowly.

 

            “Aigoo~ I’m in big trouble.” Dara knocked her head.

 

            “What I heard between you and your friend… is that all true?” Minho asked, still not on the right track. “You’re a doll?”

 

            “Ssshhh!” Dara put a finger on Minho’s lips. “Don’t be loud. Yes, everything you heard is true.”

 

            “I’m not crazy?” Minho asked again.  “I didn’t hear you wrong?”

 

            “I know it’s crazy and out of this world but yes…” Dara conceded.

 

            “How can that happen?” Minho asked and drank his coffee. “Ah! So hot. Aish~”

 

            Dara looked at Minho. “Are you now scared of me?”

 

            Minho blinked twice. “Am I? I don’t think so.”

 

            “You should be.” Dara ripped the tissue into tinier pieces.

 

            “Mianhe but… you’re not scary at all.” Minho smiled. He’s starting to get over the shock.

 

            “I think you’re weirder than me, then.” Dara smiled a little.

 

            “So, Jiyong knows this too?” Minho asked turning serious.

 

            Dara nodded slowly. “Neh, it’s a long story and he’s kind of one the reason why I’m alive.”

 

            “Yeah, I remember you said that to me.” Minho mumbled quietly.

 

            They were quiet for a very long time when something clicked on Minho and he faced Dara with an even serious face.

 

            “That day on the accident, it’s Jiyong fault isn’t?” Minho asked, his expression angry.

 

            “Mou?” Dara asked, surprised. “What do you mean? Jiyong saved me.”

 

            Minho put a hand on the table. “But he’s the reason why you’re upset and I heard you say that you turn into a doll whenever you’re sad or hurt. You were sad because of him!”

 

            Dara tried to calm Minho down. “It’s true that we had a fight but still he saved me..”

 

            “No wonder I don’t like that person.” Minho smirked. “He’s conceited.”

 

            “Aniyo…” Dara mumbled.

 

            “Why do you like him when he’s like that?” Minho demanded.

 

            Dara shook her head. “You wouldn’t understand…”

 

            “Dara-ah, don’t get involved with him anymore.” Minho pleaded.

 

            “I can’t.” Dara replied. “We work on the same place and I couldn’t ignore him.”

 

            “Can’t you really give me a chance?” Minho asked sadly. “I know I said that I wouldn’t pressure you… but now that I know the truth… I just want you to know that I’m here for you. Your secret is safe with me.”

 

            “It’s a relief that you have said that.” Dara smiled. “I know I owe you a lot but I can’t give you an answer now. Everything is very confusing and it’s still weird to be human. Give me some more time… okay?”

 

            “I’ll wait Dara-ah.” Minho touched her hand. “Always.”