Turned Upside Down

Take Me Inside Your Closet

 

 

            “Jiyong-ssi…?” Dara poked Jiyong’s cheeks. He’s lying on the floor motionless.

 

            Dara kept poking Jiyong on both cheeks but there was no response. At first she thought that Jiyong might be playing a prank on her but then Jiyong’s breathing seems to be a little slow.

 

            “Gaaaahh~~!!!” Dara runs around the fire exit flailing her arms in panic. “Eottoke? Eottoke?!”

 

            Just then the door of the fire exit opened and TOP came bursting inside.

 

            He looked from the panicked Dara and the motionless Jiyong on the floor. “Yah, what happened?”

 

            “Jiyong-ssi… he.. he collapsed!” Dara exclaimed, her eyes wide.

 

            “Wae? What did you do?” TOP asked and kneeled in front of Jiyong.

 

            “Well, he’s being weird and he… he … I slammed my hand on his face!” Dara explained, apologetically.

 

            TOP looked at her like she was crazy and shook Jiyong. “Yah, punk! Ireona. Jiyong!”

 

            “Eottoke??” Dara poked Jiyong again.

 

            “Help me carry him.” TOP ordered.

 

            Dara blinked twice. “Eh?”

 

            “Ppali!” TOP rolled his eyes.

 

            “Neh, neh, Tabi!” Dara nodded.

 

            TOP kneeled down and carried Jiyong behind his back with the help of Dara. Jiyong might be skinny but he seems to weigh a lot today and TOP had a hard time carrying him. They fortunately arrived at the dorm and TOP laid Jiyong on his bed.

 

            Gaho immediately went up the bed and Jiyong’s face.

 

            “Omo!” Dara said, scared of Gaho.

 

            “You must have really hit him hard, noona.” TOP said disbelievingly. “Were you trying to kill him?”

 

            “Aniyaaaa~” Dara said indignantly.

 

            “You can go now, I’ll take care of him.” TOP said and pushed Dara towards the door.

 

            “But, shouldn’t we take him to the infirmary at least?” Dara asked, despite the weirdness that Jiyong showed him, of course he cares.

 

            “Aniyo, I think he’ll wake up soon.” TOP re-assured her.

 

            “I didn’t mean to hit him so hard, I was surprised!” Dara said defensively.

 

            TOP looked behind him and smiled to himself as he saw Jiyong. “Yeah, he must’ve said something crazy.”

 

            “Neh, neh!” Dara nodded eagerly, bobbing her head.

 

            “But… I think you should believe him.” TOP said seriously.

 

            “Huh?” Dara said blankly.

 

            TOP choose his words carefully. “What he said to you might seem crazy… it does sound crazy, but I don’t think he’s lying too…”

 

            “But Tabi, I’m not a doll!” Dara stomped her feet. “Why do you believe him?”

 

            There was a long pause before TOP answered. “…because, it’s the first time I saw him this desperate for someone to believe him. I really don’t know too… but there’s something about his story…”

 

            Dara frowned at TOP and bit her lip in frustration. How can I be doll? A doll is not a living thing!

 

            TOP put a hand on Dara’s shoulder and turned her around towards the door. “Noona, it’s time to go.”

 

            He let her out of the door and slowly closed it. Dara stands tentatively outside, staring at the door. TOP went inside of Jiyong’s room and saw that Jiyong has woken up… but beside him on the bed was a girl who’s beautiful and weird at the same time.

 

            “Yah! Eottoke…? Nuguya??” TOP looked at the girl and then to the door.

 

            “Annyeong Seunghyun-ssi!” Kei Ri waved at her.

 

            Jiyong held his head and shook it hard. There was a headache building up.

 

            “Ji, how did she get here?” TOP asked perplexed.

 

            Jiyong looked at Kei Ri and his face is so red. “She’s the girl I was talking about.”

 

            “Seolma… Kei Ri?” TOP asked.

 

            “Yes, sir!” Kei Ri saluted to TOP.

 

            TOP opened his mouth but then no words came out. This weird girl gives him the chills; her aura is just so mysterious.

 

            “Hyung, can you leave us alone?” Jiyong asked. “We need to talk.”

 

            “Arasso…” TOP said after some thought. “Shout if you need back up.”

 

            “Roger.” Jiyong replied.

 

            He waited for TOP to disappear before shooting an angry stare at Kei Ri. Jiyong’s heart is about to burst, in anger, sadness and frustration from all the things that has happened because none of it seems to make sense.

 

            “You’re going to have a heart attack if you’re just gonna bottle it all up.” Kei Ri said nonchalantly. “I won’t die if you stare at me like that.”

 

            “Explain, now!” Jiyong ordered.

 

            “Where should I begin?” Kei Ri asked, undaunted by Jiyong’s anger. She picks up a pillow and squished it.

 

            “Why are you here?” Jiyong asked. “How come that you’re here?”

 

            “Because you need me.” Kei Ri replied.

 

            “I don’t.” Jiyong said curtly.

 

            “All you do is look for me and now you’re saying you don’t need me.” Kei Ri pouted. “You’re a very complicated dragon, you know.”

 

            “Dara is here. She’s alive.” Jiyong said. “Why?”

 

            “Would you rather that she’s dead?” Kei Ri asked.

 

            “Don’t answer me with questions!” Jiyong punched the head board of his bed.

 

            “You saw her die.” Kei Ri replied simply.

 

            Jiyong stared at her, at a loss. “So, it wasn’t a dream…?”

 

            “None of it was a dream.” Kei Ri said and she frowns like she was thinking to herself.

 

            “She’s here, she’s alive.” Jiyong insisted again.

 

            “I know.” Kei Ri replied.

 

            “Why?” Jiyong asked.

 

            Kei Ri shrugged. “Because she has found a new life. She can’t remember you and you’re the only one who know her.”

 

            The choking feeling is starting to build up on Jiyong’s chest again. “New life?”

 

            “When I made her, my intention is to let her bring happiness to someone. You happen to be that person.” Kei Ri sat down in front of Jiyong. “But you’re time with her was up at that time… Dara has to move on. To another person… it was a coincidence that she’s still acquainted with you. It surprised me too.”

 

            Jiyong stood up angrily and pointed at her. “How can you do this? Who do you think you are?! She’s not a toy, stop playing around with her!”

 

            “I have no control over her, on where she would go or who she would meet.” Kei Ri said.

 

            “You gave her a life, let her live and then take it away from her.” Jiyong said coldly. “She’s a live again but she can’t remember me. Do you know how crazy that is? For me?”

 

            “Mianhe… it wasn’t… intentional.” Kei Ri said really meaning her words.

 

            “Sorry?” Jiyong asked sarcastically. “That’s all you’ve got?”

 

            “Still she’s alive.” Kei Ri said.

 

            Jiyong hit his chest twice in frustration and Kei Ri frowned at him. “She barely knows me! I tried so hard to save her, you wouldn’t help me. I found how to make her human but then it was too late.”

 

            “I don’t have any control over her… I made her, cast the spell. All I can do is look after her.” Kei Ri said.

 

            Jiyong took a long breath and it made him dizzy. Nothing make sense, everything is bull. It was like taking a cold shower in the middle of winter, suffocating. He sat down on the bed and was frozen for a little while.

 

            Kei Ri stood up from her seat. “Jiyong-ssi…”

 

            Kei Ri touched Jiyong’s face and then Jiyong breathed again like as if he has been momentarily drowned and need to desperately breathe some air.

 

            “Don’t touch me!” Jiyong slapped Kei Ri’s hand away when he realize that she was touching him.

 

            “Jiyong… You!” Kei Ri’s eyes were wide, shock visibly on her face.

 

            “What?” Jiyong snapped.

 

            Kei Ri looked at Jiyong like he was seeing him for the first time. “So, that’s the reason why I’m here…?”

 

            “Get out!” Jiyong yelled and pointed out the door.

 

            “Hear me out.” Kei Ri said regaining her composure.

 

            Jiyong shoot her a death glare. “Just cut the crap. I tried to save her, I failed. She’s alive, she doesn’t remember me. The end. Happy? Now, leave.”

 

            “Aniyo..” Kei Ri shook her head.

 

            Jiyong stood up and opened the door wide. “Here’s the exit.”

 

            “You succeeded.” Kei Ri said calmly. “I can’t believe it but you did.”

 

            “I don’t wanna hea—“ Jiyong started.

 

            “You saved, Dara.” Kei Ri looked Jiyong in the eyes. “She’s human.”

 

            Jiyong froze, slowly looked at Kei Ri. “Mou?”

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

….

….

…..

 

            “You’re the doll now.” Kei Ri said.