Minho's Proposal

Take Me Inside Your Closet

 

Gimpo International Airport

 

            It was a sunny day but Dara is feeling down and very sickly. They were at the Gimpo International Airport where they will take their flight in order to get to Japan. It was called three days ago that they will have to participate in one of the annual concert that will be held in one of the biggest domes in Japan. Yg sajangnim find it very fortunate that 2ne1 was invited even though they haven’t officially made their debut in Japan.

 

            Today Dara is very pale and her nervousness hasn’t settled down. It will be her first time in a foreign country but that wasn’t the thing that bothers her. It will be her first time riding an airplane. Dara has researched last night about airplanes are and she has also asked Jiyong about it and it gave her fear to be on air on great heights.

 

            “Dara-ah~ gwenchanna?” Manger-nim asked.

 

            Dara lips quivered a little. “Manager-nim, can I just stay here?”

 

            Bom arrived then arrived with Minzy in tow. “Aigoo~ you should be more careful next time Minzy-ah. You’re always forgetting something!”

 

            “Arasso, eonnie.” Minzy pouted. “I won’t forget my passport again.”

 

            Bom who noticed that Dara wasn’t feeling well, walked up to her. “Ssanttoki, waegure?”

 

            “Bommmie-ah~ I don’t want to go.” Dara whined, her tears was about to fall.

            “We can’t go without you!” Bom said. “How can we be 2ne1 if our Darong wasn’t there? Eotteokke?”

           

            “Dara eonnie, doesn’t want to ride the plane plane.” CL said from behind.

           

            “I’ll be there right next to you.” Bom reassured Dara who’s almost crying now. “You can sleep so you don’t have to feel anything.”

 

            “There’s still thirty minutes before our flight.” CL looked at her watch. “Do you want some medicine first, eonnie?”

 

            “Thirty minutes?” Dara asked, her eyes having a little light. “Ppali Minzy-ah, help eonnoi. Where are the keys to our van?”

 

            “Eonnie, stop being like this.” Minzy said. She doesn’t whether to feel bad or to laugh because of Dara’s cute way of trying to get away.

 

            “If I die because of being scared… you’re going to take responsibility.” Dara said and wiped the tears that have fallen on her cheeks.

 

            “Eonnie, stop crying.” CL scratched her head. “How will we look like if the fans see you like this? They will think we’re bullying you.”

 

            “You are!” Dara said.

 

            “Aigoo~ there’s no other choice then.” Bom decided and handed Dara her cellphone. “Speak.”

 

            Dara hiccupped and took the phone. “Yeobeosayo?”

            Gwenchanna, bunny-rabbit? Jiyong’s voice came from the other line.

 

            “Jiyong-ah!” Dara exclaimed and her heart was a little bit appeased.

 

            Bom noona called m, she said you’re upset. Jiyong said worriedly. Changkaman, have you been crying?

 

            “They want me to ride that scary thing.” Dara said like a whiny child.

 

            Don’t you really wanna come? Jiyong asked. I’ll talk to YG sajangnim.

 

            “Aniyo… I want to be there but I don’t want to ride the flying thing.” Dara pouted.

 

            I will have to take you away if you’re like that. Jiyong sighed. I’ll fetch you there, wait for me.

 

            “Aniya~ Gwenchanna.” Dara said hurriedly, not wanting to cause any trouble. “Bommie said she’ll sit next to me.”

 

            Are you sure? I’m not kidding when I say I’ll take you away. Jiyong said seriously.

 

            “I’ll be okay. I’m better because I hear your voice.” Dara said. “Wait for me to get back okay.”

 

            Come back safely. Jiyong said.

 

            Dara ended the phone call and handed back Bom’s phone.

 

            “Gwenchanna?” Bom asked.

 

            “A little.” Dara nodded.

 

            CL poked Dara on the shoulder. “Eonnie, I think you’re just making an excuse to see Jiyong oppa.”

 

            “Aniyo~” Dara said indignantly.

 

           

            Upon boarding the airplane, Dara immediately sat next to Bom and closed her eyes and pretended to sleep. This thing really makes her upset and she’s afraid the distress will cause her to turn into a doll, so she tried very hard to fall asleep.

 

            “Dara-ah, are you asleep?” Bom asked.

 

            Dara didn’t respond and pretended to be in deep sleep.

 

            “Arasso~ let’s eat later when you feel better.” Bom said. “Sleep well.”

 

            Dara felt a little better as soon as they landed on the airport again, knowing that she’ll be walking on even ground again.

 

            “That really scared me.” Dara sighed as she dragged her luggage behind her.

 

            There was VIP car waiting for them and a couple of bodyguards that will assist them in the venue and all throughout their stay in the country. They were expected to perform at least three songs on the said event.

 

            “What do you want to perform the most?” CL asked her members.

 

            “Ani.. since we’re not yet officially debuting here… I think we should sing I Don’t Care and Fire first.” Bom explained.

 

            “Neh, since it’s the first time.” Dara agreed.

 

            “It will be like debuting too.” Minzy nodded.

 

            CL smiled, pleased that everyone is having an opinion. “What about the other song?”

 

            “What do you want to sing?” Bom asked her instead.

 

            “Pretty boy.” CL answered.

 

            “Call.” Bom said. “We’ll sing it too.”

 

            “It’s settled, then.” Minzy clapped.

 

            “Dara-ah~ should we make a quick trip at the hospital first?” Their manager asked from the passenger seat.

 

            “You’re still not feeling well, eonnie?” Minzy asked worriedly.

 

            “Gwenchanna~ you guys go first.” Dara said, her eyes closed. “I’ll rest or awhile.”

 

            At the night of the concert the four girls had a great time because of the many Japanese artists they get to meet and fans were just so welcoming to them, singing the songs with them and cheering. Dara whose mood is so down changed when she was on the stage, making cute signs and singing her heart out.

 

            “It’s so fun.” Minzy said when they were at the backstage.

 

            “Manager-nim said we can still stay for another day before we go back to Korea.” Bom announced.

 

            “Jeongmal?” Minzy jumped up and down hugging Bom in happiness.

 

            “Waeyo?” Dara smiled.

 

            “A reward for us.” Bom replied.

 

            CL whispered to Dara. “Your punishment has been lifted too.”

 

            Dara broke to a smile then. “Jinjja?”

 

            “Chukkahae.” CL winked at her.

 

           

            Dara was in her suite where she and Bom share. Bom is on the other room where CL and Minzy will be spending the night. She has excused herself that she wants to rest early to pass the sickness so Dara is alone the room preparing for bed.

 

            She was brushing her teeth in front of the mirror when she remembered Jiyong.

 

            “I haven’t called him yet.” Dara mused. “He hasn’t called too. Hmmm… I think my dragon is busy tonight. I think he’s on the studio again making more music.”

 

            Dara wiped clean and smiled. “Musical dragon…? Kyeopta.”

 

            Dara was about to go out of the bathroom when she suddenly fall down on the cold floor. She was unmoving for five seconds her eyes blank. After a moment Dara gasped for air and she sits up her eyes wild in surprise.

 

            She was clutching her heart as she wobbly stand to her feet. Dara took her phone and she tried to dial CL phone but no one is answering. She went out of the room with just her bathrobe and walked dizzily in the hallway where she bumped into someone.

 

            “Dara-ssi?” A voice said and strong arms held her steadily.

 

            Dara looked at the man and the tears started falling then. “Minho-ah!”

 

            Minho was surprised to see Dara crying but without asking questions he held her. He knows that 2ne1 will be in Japan but he didn’t even think that they might share the same hotel. The debut of his Korean drama in Japan is going to showcased tomorrow and his arrival in Japan was coincidence.

 

            Dara is still crying continuously so Minho decided to take her in his room. He gave her water to calm her and wiped the tears that streams down her cheeks.

            “Dara-ah, what’s wrong?” Minho asked. “Why are you crying?”

 

            “I’m scared…” Dara said as she sobs.

 

            Minho frowned. “Wae? Did something happen? Are you hurt?”

 

            “I think I’m not going to make it.” Dara cried as she clutched her phone.

 

            “What do you mean? I don’t understand.” Minho looked at her expectantly.

 

            “A while ago I turned into a doll again.” Dara explained.

           

            “Wae?” Minho asked.

 

            Dara looked at him in the eyes. “I was upset because I had to ride an airplane even though I’m scared and then I feel so sick and… I turned into a doll.”

 

            Minho hugged Dara fiercely. “Gwenchanna… you were just upset. It will be okay as soon as you feel better. There’s nothing to be afraid of.”

 

            But Minho’s words don’t have any effect on Dara. She knows that things weren’t okay. She has been turning into a doll so frequently that it scares her so much. She couldn’t sleep properly thinking that she might not wake up. Dara didn’t dare mention anything to Jiyong because it will just cause him sadness and he well get worried more.

 

            “I have to be human.” Dara cried in Minho’s arms. “I can’t leave him.”

 

            Minho held Dara close even though it’s hurting him to hear her worry because of Jiyong. He keeps his silence and let her cry, even though Dara has another man in her mind right now.

 

            I’m so afraid that one day I will find myself looking for you but you’re not there. I’m afraid that you’ll leave me when I’m not looking. I’m afraid that you’re smile, you’re sweetness and everything that you are, is just a figment of my imagination.

 

            Dara thought about Jiyong’s words. He’ll be so sad. I can’t leave him… I don’t want my dragon to cry.

 

            Just thinking about it makes Dara hurt inside and she just cried. It must have been an hour before the crying stopped because Dara has fallen asleep on Minho’s arms.

 

            You must love him so much, you can’t even leave him. Minho thought as he looked at Dara. How lucky he is…

 

            Minho put a blanket on Dara and watched her sleep. He was about to put Dara’s phone away when it rang. It was Jiyong who was calling. Minho thought about cancelling the call but he disregarded the idea.

 

            Dara-ah? Jiyong spoke happily on the phone. Yeobosayo?

 

            Minho put the phone on his ear and he car hear Jiyong saying hello over and over again.

 

            Dara-ah, why aren’t you answering? Jiyong asked.

 

            “Dara is already asleep.” Minho answered. “Don’t disturb her.”

 

            Minho ended the call and shuts it off completely.